« Back to the Photography Lovers Forum

Anyone shoot film?

Hey guys! Just wanted to see if anyone else here shot film. 

I myself am a beginner through and through, fumbling my way through experimenting with light and under-exposing my photos, haha. I shoot 35mm with a Chinon CM-4s, which actually has a built-in light sensor (that still works!) as opposed to using an app or physical light meter. I finished my first roll of Kodak Gold today, which is super exciting!!

Anyways, if anyone else has experience with film and film cameras, comment below! I'd love to connect and maybe get some tips or tricks.

Report Topic

16 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Jinnicide

posted

I do!
I grew up long before digital cameras ever became a thing, so film was all we had :)

Report Reply

Reply by Daniel John

posted

I also shoot film! I have many film cameras and I have shot many rolls so if you have any questions or anything don’t be shy!

Report Reply

Reply by Mathew

posted

Yes! I’ve been shooting film for 9 years now. I hoard film cameras and film. Definitely not the best photographer, but I have fun with it. 

Report Reply

Reply by Jram

posted

I do more still photographs than anything else, but I have been somewhat successful at film mainly for weddings and events. I do more residential and commercial work these days because of covid. Most of my work is also done with drone (DJI Mavic zoom, and a Typhoon Yuneec w/4k camera).

Report Reply

Reply by s2

posted

I love film, I own several film cameras, a Hasselblad, and a 5x4 monorail, which I use often. I also have a Rolliflex 120, and a Olympus XA

Report Reply

Reply by E l i

posted

Film is so great! I regularly shoot on my Minolta SRT-201 <3

Report Reply

Reply by dom

posted

Ya!!!

I shoot 35mm on my Canon a1 (this is my first camera lol)
I love shooting heritage listed buildings and high rises against the sky in the city, so cool dude.

Report Reply

Reply by Lucky Clover

posted

Yess! I'm in a film class in my High School and we use Canon Mark 3 and mark 4 and mark 5. We normally shoot with a standard 24-105 lens. While I do like filming, I definitely realized I enjoyed photography a lot more ^^ but being able to use these cameras has been a very cool experience for sure!!

Report Reply

Reply by Alex

posted

Yeah I do my main go to is my Nikon F65 SLR its my baby  

Report Reply

Reply by Sweet Lou Photography

posted

I am an avid fan of shooting film. My go to cameras are the Pentax K1000 and the Mamiya 645!!

Report Reply

Reply by Samy

posted

I used to only shoot with film but got into digital so I can post on IG and Gurushots easier. But I have a small collection of film cameras and looking to get back into it. I just wasn't sure where I could get film developed and if there was still some film I can purchase. I have 35mm and some older cameras that have specialty film from the 50's and 70's

Report Reply

Reply by a.w.

posted

yes !!! i love shooting 35mm, i've shot almost exclusive analog for the past eight years.

i shoot any cheap film i can get my hands on using a nikon fg.

my dream is to get my hands on an olympus xa.... oh the woes of being a broke teenager T__T

Report Reply

Reply by Bundz

posted

I love film sooo much

I have a Yashica A medium format camera arriving soon

and I am setting up a darkroom soon!
its gonna be sick

Report Reply

Reply by Jacob

posted

I shoot film! 

Before starting college I was getting into my canon AE-1 program but now that funds are short i've gotten into those new 1/2 frame Kodak cameras. They look cool and the photos come out super grainey which I know most people want out of film . 

Report Reply

Reply by antukent

posted

also a beginner here! i use an olympus OZ 760, but i think it's called the superzoom in other countries. had fun using it over the past few years, but it started having problems recently so i can't use it anymore ;-;

something i learned too late was that the viewfinder isn't "centered" if it's a rangefinder, which explains why some of my shots were way off center after developing

Report Reply

Reply by WildWorld

posted

Yeah, my main camera is a Chinon Auto 3001. But I haven't really photographed anything on film the last year or so because of the cost and for a while lack of film. I'm kinda trying to get more into older digital photography actually. Recently got a really nice Samsung.

Report Reply