« Helping each other Forum

Uhhh advice? [closed]

So I’ve been waiting until I’m at least 18 to see a therapist, I’m not comfortable with my parents knowing I’m seeing one or for them to have as much access to what I tell a therapist as they would while I’m a minor. This is because of the symptoms I experience being things I’m afraid my parents may have a poor reaction to as well as the fact that I don’t want them to know what I may say about them. If I’m a legal adult I’ll have more control over that type of stuff which is why I’m waiting (it’s only a few months away anyway as I’ll be turning 18 this year). However one of my friends knows I need a therapist and knows why I’m waiting but has told me to kind of use the school social workers or psychologists until I’m ready. Problems: some of the same repercussions I discussed above with informing my parents on top of major trust issues I have surrounding school social workers and psychologists due to past experiences with the ones at my middle school. Finally, I’m not sure a school social worker or psychologist will be as equipped to handle the myriad of issues I have. However I don’t want my friend to think I’m doing nothing about it, especially because it might disappoint him and I can’t fathom losing him. Is there any way I could work around this, or should just suck it up and do what he told me to do?

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Sal

posted

if you really dont feel comfortable confiding in social workers then you shouldnt do it tbh, specially bc of the potential issues you mentioned. You could explain your concerns to your friend, at the end of the day its YOUR mental health and you should do whats best for your well-being

Report Reply

Reply by Ruiz

posted

A common plea amidst life's uncertainties. Whether navigating relationships or career choices, seeking guidance is natural. However, amidst the chaos, some whimsically suggest Buy Botox a humorous nod to the modern fixation on appearance. Yet, true advice lies in introspection, seeking wisdom from trusted mentors, and understanding one's values and goals. In the maze of decisions, clarity often arises from within, not from external fixes.

Report Reply

Reply by Harley4125

posted

Ensuring mental wellness is vital for overall health. Start by prioritizing self-care routines, including regular exercise, balanced nutrition, and sufficient sleep. Practice mindfulness techniques like meditation or deep breathing to manage stress effectively. Engage in activities you enjoy and connect with loved ones for emotional support. Remember, seeking professional help is not a sign of weakness but a proactive step towards healing. Additionally, incorporating products from MedWholesale Supplies known for quality mental health resources, can enhance your wellness journey. Explore their range of tools like therapy aids or relaxation aids for added support. Prioritize your mental health daily for a fulfilling life.

Report Reply

UrlocalPossum closed this Forum Topic