« Back to the Paranormal Stuff Forum

Ghost Horse? Maybe?

Hi! I just joined and was just curious if anyone knew anything about something I saw a few years ago lol.

Basically, I live in a very rural area and live on a pretty big ranch. It's not uncommon to find your neighbor's cows or horses broken through a fence onto your land, though. Anyways, one time around winter, I wanna say about late nov or early dec, I was walking with my dog, just checking out our cows and horses in our meadow, when I saw a horse I'd never seen before. I'm pretty close with my neighbors since they're either related to me or a really close family friend (small town lol), so I knew they hadn't bought any new horses and again, I didn't recognize this one as theirs. I was watching it, and just about to call my mom to see if she knew anything about it, when I saw it bend its head down and like, eat a bird? Not a dead one, an alive one, but it ate it like how a horse eats a carrot, just in one bite. I freaked, and started to run back to my house, and only like maybe two seconds after I turned away frm it I turned back to make sure my dog was following, and the horse was just. Gone. There were no trees close enough that it could reach them in the time I was looking away, even galloping.

Anways, thats the story, I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this? I couldn't find much when I went looking, but i also might just not know where to look lol.

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Zed

posted

hmmm thats a really interesting story! I don't know what you experienced but certainly sounds interesting specially as it disappeared when you turned back. I had something similar as a kid. Not a horse but a person

Report Reply

Reply by jayme

posted

Could've been a ghost, but horses are omnivores and do eat birds like that even though it is not good for them. If they've done it before and their owners found out, they may have saw you staring and thought they'd be in trouble or something lol. 

Report Reply