« Music Forum

Midwest Emo anyone?

Posted by Garglemesh

posted

Forum: Music

Recently I've been getting super into Midwest Emo stuff like The Front Bottoms, Brave Bird, Tiny Moving Parts, etc.. and was wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for songs or bands. I've never really met people with the same taste in music but I figure here is a good place to start :)

Report Topic

12 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Marie

posted

sports. , prawn, snowing, dikembe, I kill giants, awakebutstillinbed, marietta, empire! empire!

and brave little abacus of course

Report Reply

Reply by mariana

posted

Do you listen to any 90's midwest emo? Stuff like cap'n jazz, american football, mineral, the promise ring? And sunny day real estate or jawbreaker (not actually midwestern but in the same vein)? I know those are all super well known bands but just in case you haven't heard of one or two, you def gotta cause they're all essential listening. 

I don't know many current bands, and they're not midwest or new really, but if you haven't heard the world is the beautiful place and i am no longer afraid to die, I think you would dig them.

Report Reply

Reply by mariana

posted

oh and la dispute, algernon cadwallader, & lifetime!

Report Reply

Reply by Skye-Lily

posted

I love tiny moving parts and the front bottoms.
Here are my recommendations:

Modern Baseball <3
McCafferty
Mom Jeans
Movements
Pianos Become Teeth
La Dispute
Trophy Eyes

Report Reply

Reply by katie

posted

joyce manor, born without bones, free throw, tigers jaw, heccra, and sorority noise

Report Reply

Reply by lexi

posted

modern baseball just modern baseball 

but also citizen and hot mulligan 

but mostly modern baseball 

Report Reply

Reply by julianna

posted

home is where <333

Report Reply

Reply by frnkie

posted

bumping mom jeans, modern baseball, sorority noise, and free throw. rec'ing (maybe) the hotelier, remember sports, northbound, radiator hospital, and they're not necessarily midwest emo but mobo's lead singer jake has a project called slaughter beach dog, they're pretty cool =)

bumping 90s stuff too, can't beat the classics. wish i had more recs there but i'll go on my soundcloud and pull some up if i remember 

others: 

the world is a beautiful place and i am no longer afraid to die (long ass name i know but so good), old gray, alleys, the obsessives, hightide hotel, snowing, marietta, it looks sad., i'm glad it's you.

good luck with your music adventure frend!

Report Reply

Reply by Alex

posted

glocca morra, worst party ever, and merchant ships are my all time faves

Report Reply

Reply by Forsarek Slayer of Glerbo

posted

https://linktr.ee/morphineskin

Report Reply

Reply by venny X3

posted

hell yeah i fucking love the front bottoms, mccafferty, mom jeans, and pigeon pit

Report Reply

Reply by venny X3

posted

hell yeah i fucking love the front bottoms, mccafferty, mom jeans, and pigeon pit

Report Reply