« Games Forum

anyone know how to run sims 2?

Posted by Bush

posted

Forum: Games

ı used to download it from fitgirl torrent packs and play it no probs, but my current torrent site didnt used fitgirl and when i finally get it to worked, it got frozen after neighborhood screen, i waited more than an hour several times and it keeps happening, do you guys have any other downloading methods or know the cause of the problem? ıd say it was my old ass computer but i downloaded and played it before so idk

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by overcomplexification

posted

ok so I know I'm responding to a post made 5 days ago but I really wanted to answer this.

1. Uninstall The Sims 2 you installed before this.
  2. Download the game from archive.org. In the download options section I recommend you download the torrent file for the game as downloading it from your browser will take an eternity (https://archive.org/details/TheSims2UltimateCollection)
  3. Install the game.
  4. After installing the game, you will need to apply a few fixes so that the game runs smoothly and with less graphical issues. I recommend this video for that since it worked for me, it's pretty short and it's well explained (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yc-3rcM9oI)
  5. Once you've applied all the fixes showed in the video, you can play the game.
Ask any questions you may have, I'll try to answer them.

PD: The version uploaded to archive.org is from Mr.DJ's Repacks, I tell you this cause there's a section in the video where you have to fix the resolution and to do that you'll need to open an specific file in an specific folder, but the girl in the video has a slightly different version of the game than the one we have so the path is a little different, the path to the same file on our version is: C:\Games\Mr DJ\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Config

Hopefully that was clear enough.

Report Reply

Reply by Bush

posted

Omg you are a life saver, ill try this once i get home, i wasnt expecting to actually get an answer from anyone

Report Reply