« Religion and Philosophy Forum

anybody interested in christianity here? if so lets talk about it (^▽^)

I think the apocrypha/non canonical books are so interesting to talk about. I've been reading the Old Testament and some are even mentioned in there 

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by vivsimoon

posted
updated

@Jazi I'm non denominational. When I talk about non canonical books mentioned in the Old Testament I mean stuff like the Book of Jasher mention in Joshua 10:12-13 and the 'Book of the wars of the Lord' mentioned in Numbers. Im not sure if  these really count as apocrypha but they're pretty interesting

Report Reply

Reply by vivsimoon

posted
updated

Tbh i didn't really think about it much I just decided to be non denominational because im not really attached to any denominations and I just want to focus on Jesus. However I think orthodoxy and catholicism are really cool and it'd be nice to learn more about them some day. 

Oh I forgot to mention im not a Jehovah witness or anything if that's what u think lol 

Im really curious about orthodox bibles though I think the amount of books depends on what kind of orthodox u are too because the Ethiopian orthodox people include the book of enoch. If im correct there are usually  81 books in  orthodox bibles what are those 15 extra ones? 

(ive edited this like 40 times lmao because im bad at wording)

Report Reply

Reply by paragon

posted

if i was a christian i would be a calvinist

Report Reply

Reply by Viva

posted

i'm not christian, but i love learning about different religions so i'd love to learn more abt christianity!!

Report Reply