« Back to the Reclaiming the Internet Forum

My RetroPC and More!

Hey guys got this old school Dell running Windows 98/XP on the same machine! Check it!

So I can surf the modern sites if possible or surf the past with ProtoWeb it will be awesome if SpaceHey and ProtoWeb can collaborate on getting these machines access with their standard browsers that way it's secured. 

I can also still use Yahoo Messenger! I hope they find out how to get XP to use Msn messenger thanks to Nina.chat and Excargot.chat

There's another AIM project I gotta find that place out. 

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by XxL1ZZ13LUN4CYxX

posted

AWESOMEEEE!

Report Reply

Reply by Virtual Insanity

posted

I ran XP for a LONG time.  Eventually switched to 7 and ran that longer than most would.

The days of MSN Messenger were cool.  I think Facebook was the final nail in the coffin for MSN Messenger, was it not?

Report Reply

posted

OMG, that thing has a floppy drive!  Is that from the early 2000s?

Report Reply

Reply by 3nayzh

posted

this looks greatttttttttt 

Report Reply

Reply by Time_Keeper

posted

That’s super cool. I tried to put windows 7 on a laptop a couple years ago but couldn’t find an iso I could trust not to be malware. Recently I reskinned Linux mint cinnamon to look like windows 98. There’s nothing like the feeling of those older OS. I like to think they had more soul to them. 

Report Reply

posted

I wonder if a lot of the changes made to Windows are done because 'we have to do something new to get people to buy this' and 'new is better', but the user interface in XP was already pretty good in my book.  I didn't like the Start Menu in Windows 7 very much, I always installed Classic Shell to make it more like XP, much much cleaner.  Never tried 8 / 8.1, 10 or 11, glad to be moving away from Windows.

Things are better when they're actually better, not because they're newer!

Report Reply

Reply by Sonicjam

posted

My desktop!

Report Reply

posted

Nice.  I'm guessing that's not Internet Exploder though!

Report Reply