« Helping each other Forum

Suffering From a Chronic Illness.

Well, I guess to start this out, I'm 28 and suffering from a disease called "Alports Syndrome." it's a mutation in the DNA that affects hearing, vision, and the worst one of all, kidney function and when I was 26 I was diagnosed with end-stage renal failure. Now, I do dialysis, and I'm patiently waiting to get on the transplant list for a kidney; boy, has it been a rough two years being stuck on that machine. I am trying to balance being in my 20s while dealing with a sickness that most people won't have to experience until they're much older blows. Trying to get the strength to plan for your girlfriend or friends is just a challenge, and not having a job because I'm too sick and have Medicare and Medicaid is all so stressful. So, honestly, having this as an outlet is lovely and something I'd like to take advantage of! 

So, to anyone who's suffering from a chronic illness, please share your struggles and your ways of dealing with overcoming this unfortunate time of your life. I'd love to lend a shoulder to anyone struggling with all the crap life likes to throw our way. So, I hope not to feel so alone on this weird journey in this awful place we call Earth! 

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Your_Friendly_Neighborhood_Metalhead_11

posted

I don't have a chronic illness that is life threatening, but I do want to give you props already cuz you fight, and that's the best thing you can do. Prove that bitch wrong, you got a random internet stranger in your corner, rooting for ya. 

Report Reply

Reply by Christopher Julian

posted

I seriously appreciate that so much, my friend! I'm trying my best to get through the damn thing! 

Report Reply

Reply by Christopher Julian

posted

I seriously appreciate that so much, my friend! I'm trying my best to get through the damn thing! 

Report Reply