« Quiz/Survey Forum

Social Media

Posted by ASHLEY

posted

Forum: Quiz/Survey

Hello to whoever comes across this post, I hope it finds you well.

My name is Ashley, and I joined SpaceHey about 10 months ago when I first found out that this website was active. I love it very much because I am able to experience what our social sites, especially MySpace, were possibly was like before it was extremely popular like it is today. 
I have a strong urge to become more active on SpaceHey just by the easiness I feel when being on here. It doesn't feel crowded, I'm not bombarded with things that I DO NOT want to see or hear nor am I subjected to engage in anything I do not want to. AND I can customize my profile??? A dream I'll say haha.
Any whooo, the point of this post was to see how others on this website like it thus far, and to also hear your opinions (popular or unpopular) on our modern day social platforms ex. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
I personally am starting to find no joy in being on those platforms for a plethora of reasons, but am always on them, shall I say addiction? :,) -- I just want to feel less alone, and see if there are others who are gaining a true distaste towards our social media sites today. I would love to start a discussion! 
Thank you if you've read this far

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by swchr

posted

Hey, I'm one of the new babies born into the world of SpaceHey in the past week. So far, it's been really great. I've always been curious about the old ways of the internet as I was born only in 2005. I never really got to experience MySpace and stuff like that.

I really like it! Some of the topics I'm interested in are a bit on the down-low here, or I find a forum post that was posted 10 months ago. Still, other than that, everything's great about it! Just wish I knew how to code up a proper profile :P

Report Reply

Reply by Stella Albiston

posted

I want to share some tips and tricks for how to start promoting business online. One of the most important tactics is to boost your social media activity, try out Google ads, and advertise your business on different social media platforms. If you want to get some knowledge about Nonprofit Fundraising you have to visit Nonprofit Fundraising

Report Reply

Reply by H I M E

posted

I think the best thing about SpaceHey is, by far, the ability to customize every last detail of your profile. You can understand so much more about a person by looking at their profile. It's just so fun! I often have my profile open on my second monitor just because I think it's pretty and I like to look at it.

I think the problem with other social media sites is that they have algorithms for content and thrive on drama. On Twitter, I only follow video game content creators I watch on YouTube and artists, but I still get recommended tweets of drama and people fighting. On Tiktok, I am constantly fighting to fix my algorithm. No matter how many positive comments I leave on cute cat videos and interesting crafting videos, my suggested videos are always drawn back to politics and depressing stuff. 

I do worry that if Spacehey gets super popular, a lot of that drama will be brought here and bring the website down. But I think the forums are set up in a way that makes it significantly easier to avoid.

Report Reply