« Romance and Relationships Forum

is there such a thing as best friends with benefits

i havent been in very many relationships and i dont care very much about dating but im just wondering if there is a difference between best fwb and dating. especially when ur best friend constantly touches u in ways that only people in relationships do with each other… idk i just been going thru shit the past few months XD

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Hisui

posted

Usually a FWB is someone you call over to have sex.  I had one from tinder for a little while, literally would only call each other to bang.  Didn't hang out as friends or anything, didn't want to make it more than a no-strings-attached sexual relationship.

Report Reply

Reply by galaxyy Cat

posted

i had a solid h0e phase for about 2 years where i absolutely wouldn't agree to any formal relationship besides FWB until i found someone that i could see a future with. The important thing in FWB is that ALL parties are okay with the label and whatever agreements/rules are involved, think of it as practicing proper communication for an actual relationship, i had various levels of FWBs ranging from those who have met my family to those who were only considered in desperate times and every single one of them i communicated that i didn't see the relationship going anywhere and that they were only needed in certain ways ( yes i was an absolute villain but a concise one) . As for friends turning into FWB they required alot more clear boundaries/ respect, like when it came time for me to move on i asked my fwbs if they could respect my relationship and cease all spicy contact, thus far only a handful aren't blocked including my two best boys who still check up on me but have ceased all flirting as per my request. in short FWB is awesome but you need to communicate and be very clear with all boundaries. 

Report Reply