« Back to the BookHey Forum

DIOE: The Drop-In OpEds

Posted by blairVVitch

posted
updated

Forum: BookHey Group

Read something that was #hotfire or #hottrash? Drop a post about it here! 

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Jinnicide

posted

I cannot get over how good "What If We're Wrong?" is by Chuck Klosterman (I am re-reading it again right now); I feel like it should be required reading for every human being who fancies themself as any type of intellectual.

Report Reply

Reply by DE Navarro

posted
updated

@Jinnicide (Jinnifer) thanks for sharing about that book. I'm going to check it out.

Report Reply

Reply by kelly

posted

The last book I read that really struck me is Conversations with Friends, I'm admittedly a bit late to the game on that one but I enjoyed it a lot. It was a really interesting take on relationships, infidelity and ego - and so incredibly well written. 

The limited series adaptation is airing next year on BBC and Hulu, I hear the other book of Sally Rooney's they adapted (Normal People) was really well-received.

Report Reply

Reply by blairVVitch

posted

Ok, so I'm totally going to check out What If We're Wrong? and Conversations with Friends! Thanks for those suggestions, y'all! I've went ahead and added them to my Goodreads list. 

I've finished several books over my Winter Break, including Godshot by Chelsea BiekerStation Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel, and Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

I liked Godshot, but just be forewarned that it's draining. I ran through that book at a marathon pace. I was so absorbed in it that once I finished it, I felt absolutely W I N D E D. It's not for the faint of heart either, for there are various instances of sexual assault along with a sprinkle of incest. 

My favorite was Mexican Gothic, but I thoroughly enjoyed Station Eleven too. There's an HBO Max adaptation of Station Eleven, so I might watch that within the next few days. 

Report Reply

Reply by nova :3

posted

i read "the final girl support group" and im very in between loving it or just finding it meh. i think it's super interesting some of the time and falls flat the other times. i dont think ive ever felt this inbetween about a book before

Report Reply

Reply by Hunter

posted

I recently read Anne Of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery. I read the book because I am a huge fan of the show. The book is very cute and wholesome and I love it very much. I prefer the show for a handful of reasons but I still hold the book close to my heart.

Report Reply

Reply by 🖤NixNix666

posted

#hotfire

Had recently read The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren and it was the cutest story ever. I honestly believe that more stories should involve interracial couples, or couples from different locations in RomComs. 

Report Reply

Reply by leah

posted

THE SECRET HISTORY!! I’ve never come across something so thrilling and I couldn’t put the book down unless I was going to bed. It’s such a good storyline and I personally couldn’t hate any of the characters. I loved the book and I wish I could read it for the first time a again. Definitely #hotfire

Report Reply