« Back to the BookHey Forum

INTRO: Roll Call! šŸŽ¤ [pinned]

Posted by blairVVitch

posted

Forum: BookHey Group

Here's where you are free to introduce yourself to everyone in the group!

NOTE: You're under no obligation to answer all of these questions. I totally stole these from Goodreads, so you are welcome to answer everything listed here if you have time, but I narrowed them down to several main ones.Ā 

1. Your preferred name and pronouns.

2. Do you remember the first book that you read?

3. The best reading experience you've ever had (I'm thinking this can extend to not just being absorbed within a specific story, but the location you were literally reading in and the ViBeS.)

4. When do you usually read? At home, work, while cooking, in the morning, noon, afternoon, before you go to bed...?Ā 

5. Has knowing the ending of a book (example, through spoilers or a movie) ever made you decide whether you will read the book or not?Ā 

6. Do you ever leave "a mark" (deliberate and/or not deliberate) in your books? For example, write in them, underline quotes, coffee marks or food crumbs and etc.

7. What do you use as a bookmark?Ā 

8. Is there a book that you have read more than five times? If so, what is it?

Report Topic

67 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by blairVVitch

posted
updated

1. I prefer to be called Blair (it's my middle name anyway). She/her.Ā 

2. I do, and that would be The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister.Ā 

3. I take it by moods! One of my favorite experiences was reading Harry PotterĀ books late at night with either a flashlight OR my lil' LED light I'd use to play my Gameboy Color. Some of my best reading experiences have been in independent book stores where I'm browsing to decide which books I'd want to buy, but ANY AND ALL LIBRARIES are a total šŸ’Æ.Ā 

4. At home, typically late at night.Ā 

5. Nope, I'm not a big "OMG! DON'T TELL ME ANY SPOILERS!!!" person. For me, it's not all about the destination, but the experience (and I might still find something interesting in the middle, even if I have an idea as to how it's gonna end).Ā 

6. Deliberate (via annotations if this is something for school/interest). In college, some of my marks were not so deliberate, like the time I spilled champagne on an English textbook AND my laptop on accident.

7. Literally anything I can find. Envelopes, post-its are common, and even receipts.

8. Yes!Ā During my K-12 era, it was totally the The Harry Potter Series. Now that I'm a teacher, my favorite one that I've read more than five times over the course of my entire life is The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I read it for the first time when I was twelve, again in the 11th Grade, again in college, and I've re-read it every time I use it again in my classroom.Ā 

Report Reply

Reply by xHufflepunKxZebrax

posted

1. Hana, she/they. Honestly, I won't care which pronouns are used, I will answer to most and often interchange them for myself time to time.Ā 

2. One of those hooked on phonics books if we are being technical. I was like three or four with my first book so I can't remember the first thing I read on my own, but I do remember my first book I did for a book report. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White. I think this was first grade? I don't know, sue me (not really), my memory sucks sometimes xD

3. Hmmmm this is a tough one lol. Probably the most recent was when I was re-reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. I am a huge advocate that AAOK is the best John Green book, simply because it is so quotable, absolutely hilarious, and FOOTNOTES. Footnotes in a fiction novel has got to be good. But there was also this time I was so engrossed in this bad fanfic I had to keep reading and then search for the sequel. It was this Nickelback fanfiction and I can't believe someone likes Nickelback THAT MUCH to write a cocaine fueled fanfic. I had to read this out loud to my friends afterward because it was just so surreal that it existed.Ā 

4. Whenever I have the time. On my break at work? Reading. At home in bed? Reading. (Usually I read fanfics in bed at like 2 AM when insomnia hits.) On couch mid day with my dog? Reading. In the bathroom? Reading. If I am not actively busy I can be found reading.Ā 

5. Sometimes? I knew the ending to the last Harry Potter book and still read the series. If I know too many details, then yeah I prob would stop/not read, but mostly I will be fine because curiosity to how/why the ending happened. I hate seeing movies before reading books and I have stopped a series before because a movie for the first in the series sucked so much.Ā 

6. Both. I have spilled coffee on books before. I also sometimes annotate and highlight my books. I love pointing out good quotes in stories and also sometimes I like to jot down my random thoughts.Ā 

7. Whatever is closest to me. I have actual bookmarks but I am too lazy to go find wherever I leave them. ADHD problems. In my current read I am using a Code Orange sticker.Ā 

8. All Of a Kind Family by Sydney Taylor. This was one of my FAVORITE childhood books. My mom used to read it to me and then I would read it over and over on my own as I grew. The Fault in Our Stars I have read 3x and that is probably the runner up. I think the only John Green book I haven't re-read is Turtles All The Way Down. Oh and also The Anthropocene Reviewed, but I lost that book somewhere and need to find it so I can finish it. Sometimes I re-read my own writing. Either to make fun of it (fiction stories) or because I am in awe (journalism)

wowza i rambled.Ā 

Report Reply

Reply by Ash šŸ³ļø‍šŸŒˆ

posted
updated

- She/Her

- I don't.

3. The best reading experience you've ever had (I'm thinking this can extend to not just being absorbed within a specific story, but the location you were literally reading in and the ViBeS.)

- Recently it was while I reading The Rise of Kyoshi. It had some funny and cute parts in it on top of a great back story to better understand Avatar Kyoshi that isn't in the cartoon series. Can't wait to read the second book and see more of Kyoshi and Rangi and their relationship.

4. When do you usually read? At home, work, while cooking, in the morning, noon, afternoon, before you go to bed...?

- At home and whenever I have plenty of undisturbed time.

5. Has knowing the ending of a book (example, through spoilers or a movie) ever made you decide whether you will read the book or not?

- It hasn't. To me I like to know what leads up to that as well. That can be just as entertaining. Although, it can depend. I still try to avoid spoilers if I am able to.

6. Do you ever leave "a mark" (deliberate and/or not deliberate) in your books? For example, write in them, underline quotes, coffee marks or food crumbs and etc.

- I prefer to keep them as they are.

7. What do you use as a bookmark?

- An actual book mark. This one was old and I hadn't used it get. I found it while cleaning randomly. Lol It has two panda bears on it. šŸ’•

- No, there isn't yet. I've only recently gotten back into reading again. College kind of took reading out of me for a little while. Lol Also, its kind of hard to find wlw (women love women) fantasy books which are my favorite to read.

Report Reply

Reply by Goblin Teatime

posted

1. You can call me Goblin :) She/her

2. I do not, but the earliest book I remember reading and enjoying was 'The Worst Witch' by Jill Murphy

3. Oh, this is a difficult one. I like to read, but I am also quite dyslexic. I make a point to read from a book at least once a week, but I do most of my reading by listening to audiobooks. Unfortunately, audiobooks can be expensive, and when my spouse and I were just starting out we were still living with my mom and did not have a lot of money to spend. M, my spouse, bought one of their favorite books (the first of The Dresden Files) and we spent a couple evenings on my mom's porch, me crafting and M reading out loud.

4. Mostly on days off, so I have time to wade through the alphabet soup of dyslexia and focus enough to enjoy it.

5. No, thankfully.Ā 

6. Tea stains sometimes, but I try my best not to.

7. Is it flat and small enough to fit in the book? Yes. Is it clean? Yes. Is it needed in this exact moment? No. It's perfect.

8. My heart is still broken by JKR, but I re-listened to 'The Harry Potter' series so many times.

Report Reply

Reply by Jinnicide

posted
updated

My name is Jinnifer; and I'm a woman, but I don't care about pronouns.

No, because I assume it was some kind of 'learning how to read' type of book. But I do remember the first book I ever finished by myself without assistance, which was Dear Milli by Maurice Sendak (which was darrrrkkkkk!)

3. The best reading experience you've ever had (I'm thinking this can extend
    to not just being absorbed within a specific story, but the location you
    were literally reading in and the ViBeS.)
    I don't know, honestly. I do get a little kick out of it when a book makes me crack (or tear) up in public though.

4. When do you usually read? At home, work, while cooking, in the morning, noon, afternoon, before you go to bed...?
    On the subway; and SOMETIMES at home, but it's hard there.

5. Has knowing the ending of a book (example, through spoilers or a movie)
    ever made you decide whether you will read the book or not?
    No. You were gonna find out anyways.

6. Do you ever leave "a mark" (deliberate and/or not deliberate) in your
    books? For example, write in them, underline quotes, coffee marks or
    food crumbs and etc.
    Sometimes.

7. What do you use as a bookmark?
    Whatever is around lol.

I really don't think there is, but I know I've read The Razor's Edge by M. Somerset Maugham several times.

Report Reply

Reply by zan

posted

1. y'all can call me Zan and I don't care what pronouns you use

2. First book was probably those Charlie and Lola picture books.Ā 

3. I read Edward Abbey's The Monkey Wrench Gang after finding a paperback of it in the dollar shelf at the used bookstore down the street from me. It was a gem to find and I can't believe I got it for a dollar.Ā 

4. I sadly do not get to read as often now but normally I read while I'm eating or before going to sleep.Ā 

5. Knowing the ending just makes it easier to put down. For example, I've been in the middle of Good Omens for like four months because I saw the show and don't feel the same urgency to know what happens.Ā 

6. I had this Peanuts comic collection in this one massive books and I always read it every morning for about two years while I ate cereal as a kid. There is milk or rice crispies on like every other page.Ā 

7. unpopular opinion: I don't really like bookmarks. They fall out or get ripped or sometimes rip the page, so I tend to just dog-ear everything. It depends on the book though. some books I own are really, really nice editions so I don't dog-ear those.Ā 

8. There's a bunch of Sherlock Holmes stories I've read over and over, and crime-fiction is the genre I re-read the most. Once to see what happens, once to see the clues, another time to see the clues, and a few times as the years go by to re-live the excitement.Ā 

Report Reply

Reply by Justin

posted

Justin or J. He/Him

Probably 'But no Elephants.' I'm not sure if I read it, or just memorized the book as it was being read to me as a child.

I'm not really sure about this one. Probably sitting in the armchair in my living room. If I get a quiet day and start reading there, that's usually where I'll stay for the next few hours.

4. When do you usually read? At home, work, while cooking, in the morning, noon, afternoon, before you go to bed...?Ā 
    Usually before I go to bed.

5. Has knowing the ending of a book (example, through spoilers or a movie) ever made you decide whether you will read the book or not?Ā 
    It's not the destination, but the journey.

I've written corrections that were missed during editing. Once I even renumbered pages that were printed out of sequence.

Whatever is handy nearby. Receipts and business cards are my favorites.

Probably 'Patriots'. Maybe 'Treasure Island'.

Report Reply

Reply by DE Navarro

posted
updated

Hello all, I'm David E. Navarro and I'm an author, poet, essayist, and editor. Professionally (career job) I am currently a Medical Writer/Editor with a clinical research firm. But my true avocation in life is as a wandering poet-philosopher and explorer who writes poetry, essays, articles, and other stuff. 7 of my own books have been published and I have work that appears in at least 9 other books by various publishers. As a writer, researcher, and editor I love to read books, both fiction and non-fiction, and I also read hundreds of scholarly papers and articles in my studies.
  1. My preferred name: David; and pronouns: he/him/his.

2. I do not remember the first book I read, but the first book I do remember reading was The Little Engine That Could; and the first serious book I read was To Kill a Mocking Bird.

3. There are too many bests to really list. Each time I have another best experience it is as awesome as the last best experience. But there are some landmark works that stand out. Reading Rendezvous with Rama ignited my passion for reading novels, reading the Dune trilogy changed my life. These were read as I grew up in Northern Indiana near Chicago.

4. I used to read at work, in the library, at Starbucks, in a park, and at home anytime of the day I had time to be reading. However, with the sociological changes brought on by the pandemic, I now mostly read at home or out in my yard anytime of the day I can.
    Ā 

5. Knowing the ending of a book has never been the deciding factor as to whether I will read a book or not.
    Ā 

6. Do I markup books? Yes, all the time, especially the ones that I am studying and doing research on for future papers and books of my own.Ā 

7. I use whatever I have as a bookmark (receipt, scrap of paper, a real bookmark, thread, piece of napkin, piece of toilet paper [unused], post-it note, etc.). I hate doing a dog-earĀ on a page, so if I do not have a bookmark I commit the page number to memory and 95% of the time I remember the page I'm on.Ā  Ā 

8. I have never read a book more than 2 times for pleasure. However, I have read many books 5+ times when studying them and have read books 10+ times when I've edited them. I am a professional editor and have edited a dozen novels for other authors and a few non-fiction works. When I edit a novel I read through it at least 10 times.Ā Ā 

Report Reply

Reply by kelly

posted

1.) Your preferred name and pronouns.

My name is Kelly :) (she/her)

2.) Do you remember the first book that you read?

I don't think I remember the first book I read overall, but I do know that Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was the first long chapter book I ever read when I was six.Ā 

3.) The best reading experience you've ever had.

This past summer I used to take a book and a blanket to the park I work near downtown and I would read on my lunch break while an orchestra practiced, sometimes people would sing along with them. Laying in the grass with the sun peaking through the trees with a good book is just my favorite thing, the hour never felt long enough.Ā 

4.) When do you usually read?Ā 

I usually read later at night, sometimes on weekends or during my lunch breaks. I used to read a lot more when I was in school, but I've found myself reading less and less as I get older. I've been trying to get myself back into it this past year and working on my attention issues, so I'm happy to find this group!

5.) Has knowing the ending of a book ever made you decide whether you will read the book or not?Ā 

I try really hard not to spoil the endings of things whether it be books, movies, or television. If I know how it ends, I find myself feeling less invested in the story - and I guess less excited as I read. I'll usually read the book before I watch the movie as well, I just find that I prefer to get a sense of the story how it was written first before I watch an interpretation of it.Ā 

6.) Do you ever leave "a mark" (deliberate and/or not deliberate) in your books?Ā 

Sometimes I'll underline quotes I like, or leave notes in the margins, sometimes definitions of words I may have had to look up. I go back and forth on this, really - signed books I typically won't touch, but regular paperbacks I'm more inclined to write in.Ā 

7.) What do you use as a bookmark?Ā 

I have a bookmark I bought from an artist on Etsy, it's black watercolor mountains layered on top of each other. The artist mainly does digital work now, so I'm glad I ordered it when I had the chance because it's really simple and beautiful.Ā 

8.) Is there a book that you have read more than five times? If so, what is it?

I've read tons and tons of books more than five times, I was reading a lot of Harry Potter of course, as well as Sarah Dessen like every other middle school girl in the mid 2000s. I read books over again pretty often, I do the same with movies and television as well - there's just something so comforting about discovering stories and characters that you love and getting the chance to come back to them whenever you'd like. Ā 

Report Reply

Reply by R ā™”

posted
updated

1. Online I go by R and my pronouns are they/themĀ 

2. I'm not sure about the first book but it was definitely something by Jacqueline Wilson or it was Dork Diaries

3. Honestly whenever I find a nice candle and playlist that fits my book perfectly I can never get enough.

4. I read if I can throughout the day but I mostly read at nightĀ 

5. the ending totally counts, if a book doesn't have a good ending I simply won't read iyĀ 

6. I annotate my books heavily, I write,Ā  I highlight, I stick post-its in there but even if it's not deliberate I always leave something bc I'm just really not all that co-ordinatedĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā 
  7. I use anything and everything as a bookmark although I recently ordered two new ones so hopefully they'll come into use
  8. I dont think so honestly, I reread books a maximum of two times.

Report Reply

Reply by chlöe

posted

1. Chloe and she/herĀ 
  2. sadly not, but the first that stuck with me were the Roald Dahl books and the Paddington books
  3. I'd have to say any reading experience in the summer is amazing for me, because the scenery can really help immerse you into the book and relax you, even if you get slightly sun burnt.
  4. I prefer reading throughout the entire day so i can focus on the book, but i usually read on my journeys on the train or in the car as that's pretty comfortable too!

5. I normally will let the curiosity get the better of me with most books and peak at the very last sentence of a book, however I've never done this with a book i wasn't already mid-reading
  6. nope, i hate writing in books unless i have to for course work. I like try and preserve them

7. Anything and everything, normally a table or anything I'm already holding at that time i dont mind bending pages, but it does depend on the book!

8. I personally don't enjoy rereading books, but if i were to reread a book, it would probably be Flowers in the Attic due to how disturbing and shocking it was

Report Reply

Reply by nova :3

posted

1. nova she/they!!Ā 

2. YES I ACTUALLY DO. it was when i was super super young but i remember in vivid detail bc it was also the first time i was ever in a barnes and noble. it's such an important memory to me and YET i still cant remember the book name. ill give myself a pass bc it was one of those books for super small kids that aren't really books because each "page" is basically half an inch thick cardboard.

3. i was at my mom's job and it has this beautiful glass hallway that faces thick forest on either side. it connected two buildings and it had the most comfortable chairs of all time. it was just the right time of summer where it was the PERFECT temperature and it was cloudy outside. there was just the right amount of fog where you could see far out clearly but it still collected around the top of the trees. it was literally like something right out of twilight and i was listening to music while reading what is now one of my favorites books. genuinely im terrified that nothing will ever match that TOP TIER reading experience. my runner up is reading (what is now my favorite fantasy book lmao) at a starbucks with my friends. literally nothing special i just loved being around my friends while also being immersed in the story and having us just exchange what parts of our respective books we liked :)))

4. i usually read whenever i have downtime in school!! if not then, i usually read either sitting on my bed right underneath my window or i find some grass, sit down, and read

5. no!! i used to be one of those ppl who read the last page first which. i do not recommend. 12 year old me is not someone who you should be following the lead of. BUT even then i still dont let spoilers deter me most of the time. for me, consuming a story is more abt the journey then the destination!

6. i love marking up my books!! unless it's a special copy but even then i just buy another copy in order to mark it up also im a very messy person and that, sadly, doesn't stop at how i treat my books

7. i bought these cute rikkakuma magnetic bookmarks from daiso so ive been using that!! before then i used literally anything. recipts, coins, OTHER BOOKS, you name it

8. i have read a lot of books more than 5 times when i was younger i read almost excessively to the point where i would really quickly outpace the books i was given and just reread the ones i had already gone through. i will say that some of the books ive recently reread after reading them like. 5 times already: we are the ants by shaun david hutchinson, hero by perry moore, the great gatsby by f. scott fitzgerald

Report Reply

Reply by Raina

posted

Your preferred name and pronouns.- Raina and She/Her

Ā  Do you remember the first book that you read? - kind of- It was about a rabbit and a rock thing and it was halloween and a picture book and the style was REALLY cool. I forget what It's called thoughĀ 
Ā The best reading experience you've ever had (I'm thinking this can extend to not just being absorbed within a specific story, but the location you were literally reading in and the ViBeS.)
I remember reading a book we had to read in 7th grade, it was part of my favorite series Life as we knew it and it was the second book, I was at my grandma's house and read it all that night and I was up till 4:00Am and it was raining.Ā 

Ā When do you usually read? At home, work, while cooking, in the morning, noon, afternoon, before you go to bed...? Whenever I feel like it. But usually at home or schoolĀ 

Ā Has knowing the ending of a book (example, through spoilers or a movie) ever made you decide whether you will read the book or not? - Sometimes? It depends

Ā Do you ever leave "a mark" (deliberate and/or not deliberate) in your books? For example, write in them, underline quotes, coffee marks or food crumbs and etc.Ā 
- Possibly on accident but not usually on purpose? But sometimes I put post it notes for future readers of the books (Like at my library at home for my future kids or something) that leave notes because I inherited most of my books from my moms family and I LOVE it when I find something cool that they leave like a coupon for a bookmark; speaking of,Ā 

What do you use as a bookmark?Ā 
- I usually use a 1$ bookmark I got from the book fair at like 5 or if I can't find one i use anything I can find, like a random piece of paper.Ā 

Ā Is there a book that you have read more than five times? If so, what is it?
-nah, If I finish a book I move on immediately as sad as it is- I don't want to waste reading time on a book I have already read.Ā 

Report Reply

Reply by Hunter

posted

1. Hunter Any Pronouns

2. Unfortunately I do not.

3. I love reading outside and it is so cute to sit in a tree and read.

4. I actually usually read in school since I usually have time after I finished my work.Ā 

5. No, I have seen the Hunger Games movies a lot and I still read the book.Ā 

6. I always say I will but then I don't because I don't want to mess the book up.Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
  7. I use a book mark that I made.Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
  8. There is not but I hope I will reread some books.

Report Reply

Reply by jaya

posted

(i did not answer all questions because some i did not have an answer for)
    jaya, she/her
    i don't really remember the first book i read but i remember reading little red riding hood when i was little and the book came with finger puppets so when i read the book, i used to act them out with the puppets.
  3. When do you usually read? At home, work, while cooking, in the morning, noon, afternoon, before you go to bed...?Ā 
    i usually read at home, in bed, before i go to sleep but when im really immersed in a book and i can't put it down, i'll spend the whole day reading it. sometimes i also bike down to a river near my house to read but sometimes i get distracted when i do that.
  4. Has knowing the ending of a book (example, through spoilers or a movie) ever made you decide whether you will read the book or not?Ā 
    no. in fact, for a long time i would read the last page of every book i got before i read it.
  5. Do you ever leave "a mark" (deliberate and/or not deliberate) in your books? For example, write in them, underline quotes, coffee marks or food crumbs and etc.
    i've annotated one book (not including ones i'veĀ had to annotate for school) and it kind of made the read less enjoyable because of all the pauses to write my thoughts down. however, i am a bit messy, so my books are lucky if they don't end up with at least one food stain.
  6. What do you use as a bookmark?Ā 
    i have two actual bookmarks but they are both currently in books that i have paused reading so i just use whatever i find. a pen, a receipt, a candy wrapper, etc.

Report Reply

Reply by šŸ–¤NixNix666

posted

1. Everyone calls me T or Nix, but I'm fine with both.Ā 

2. The first book that I read was There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Bat

3. The best reading experience I've had was in middle school. I just switched middle schools and ended up in our library during my lunch break. I loved to read and needed a breather from the time I've already been there. I searched all the shelves in the library and finally found a book that caught my eye. The cover of it was dark gray and red, the cover of it had Russian type palaces on it. It was the book Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. I picked up that book and started to read it immediately. I was one of the many few in the library and it was wonderful. This day was very peaceful to me.Ā 

4. I read just about anywhere I can get the chance. I read at home, in the bathroom, at work, in the car, etc.Ā 

5. It doesn't make me feel some type of way. If someone told me the ending of a really good book, It sometimes makes me want to read it more. It all depends on my mood for that time.Ā 

6. I tab my non-smut books like crazy. I want to remember why I felt a certain way about a scene. I don't tab my smut filled books, just so most of my friends don't know what to expect when/if they borrow a book from me.Ā 

7. I used these tiny swords as bookmarks. Sometimes I use just random things around me as well (pens, pencils, earrings, a choker, etc.)Ā 

8. I've read Shadow and Bone more than five times, and a few wattpad books from the past that I can no longer remember the names of. My younger self read a lot of fanfiction about certain groups or celebrities.Ā 

Report Reply

Reply by leah

posted

1. Leah she/her

2. Probably dork diariesĀ 
3. Not sure but I did feel really hot and mysterious reading the secret history on the school benchĀ 
4. At home and schoolĀ 
5. No
6. Yes I love annotatingĀ 
7. Sticky notes, a grocery slip or I do a doggy earĀ 
8. Not yet but I do plan on rereading the secret historyĀ 

Report Reply

Reply by wheezybatman

posted
updated

1. MattĀ Ā  He/Him

2. No. I've been racking my brain recently trying to remember. It was about monsters. I remember reading the whole series that summer and even writing the author. Man, I wish I could remember that book...

3. Reading all of The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman on a spring afternoon, beach side.

4. In the evenings after work, and before bed. But I'll read anytime if the mood strikes.

5. Not that I can recall. Spoilers don't generally spoil anything for me. For example, I saw The Road before I read the book and the book was absolutely amazing despite knowing the whole story before hand. (It's an amazing read, but really dark. I recommend it if you like post apocalyptic stories.)

6. Never. I don't mind the books picking up wear and tear from use but I'd never mark in them intentionally. Something feels wrong about that to me.

7. Anything... Post-its, receipts, scraps of paper, other books if they're small enough... My favorites are the ones my kids make me though.

8. Two.Ā  1) Jurassic Park because I was OBSESSED with the movie when I was younger. I read it when I was 11 and I've come back to it at least 8 times since then.Ā Ā  2) The Ocean at the End of the Lane which is one of my favorite stories of all time. I read it once a year at least.

Report Reply

Reply by Remus/Spencer

posted

1. My name is Remus and I use all pronouns except for she/her

2. No i was probs less then 3 years old

3. Once i was reading in my schools library and the vibes were AMAZING and i was sitting next to my boyfriend and he was reading too and it was awesome. He was reading a comic(Witch Boy i think) and I was reading the Love Hypothesis.

4. I read when I feel like reading

5. No i dont think knowing the ending would affect whether i read it or not.Ā 

6. No never.Ā 

7. Whatever i can find that wont damage the book

8. No i dont re read a book unless i forget what happens in it.Ā 

Report Reply

Reply by Kit-Kat

posted

1) she/her

2) honestly no because I've been reading all my life. I was already reading chapter books by the time i was 7
3) in general, i love the feeling when I'm reading a book and get so lost in the pages that i feel like I'm there. That's how i know if it's a good story; when i can picture what's happening and where so vividly that i feel like I'm part of the story
4) i read every night before bed but I'll also read in any free time i have
5) no, thankfully i haven't had many stories spoiled for me but when i do, i don't let it influence whether i read the book
6) never write in a book
7) i have so many bookmarks, but if for some reason i find myself without one, i will find a scrap of paper to use
8) i read Phantom of the Opera so many times the cover fell off and i had to tape it back on

Report Reply

Reply by Ren

posted

1. Ren, she/her
  2. The Daydreamer by Ian McEwan. It made a big impact on 3rd-grader me
  3. I read a lot throughout the day. I read on my lunch break (sometimes at my desk), while I'm cooking, and before bed.
  4. If I'm already reading the book and end up getting spoiled then I will still continue, but if I get spoiled before even starting then I won't bother.
  5. I sometimes get coffee on my books, or at least I did when I mostly read physical books. I almost exclusively read from my Kindle now, but I do highlight with it.
  6. The Kindle just bookmarks it for me.Ā 
  7. There is not. I have only read on book more than once and that was because I had read it for pleasure and then was assigned to read it for class later on and I couldn't remember all the details otherwise.Ā 

Report Reply

Reply by deonX3

posted

Your preferred name and pronouns.
Deon and I go by they/them :3

Do you remember the first book that you read?
Kinda!!! I remember that one book about the dude with a bunch of hats. (upon googling it, it was called Caps for Sale)

The best reading experience you've ever had (I'm thinking this can extend to not just being absorbed within a specific story, but the location you were literally reading in and the ViBeS.)

I think any time I was reading Turtles All The Way Down by John Green was an amazing reading experience.Ā 

When do you usually read? At home, work, while cooking, in the morning, noon, afternoon, before you go to bed...?Ā 
I had made a goal to read before going to bed, but that kinda fell through so I just read in the car before I go in for work. I work at a bookstore so I guess it's the most appropriate time to do that akdlfsj. I'm not supposed to read at work (kinda crazy I know) but if I could I would.Ā 

Do you ever leave "a mark" (deliberate and/or not deliberate) in your books? For example, write in them, underline quotes, coffee marks or food crumbs and etc.
Totally! I used to really love writing in books, but now I get too nervous incase ill ruin them so now I just leave crumbs in them.

I use a Pete the Cat bookmark I got from my college library that says "School is Cool". If that one is busy then I just use a receipt :P

Is there a book that you have read more than five times? If so, what is it?
It was either Turtles All The Way Down by John Green or When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead

Report Reply

Reply by Lestat

posted

Josephine (Jo), she/her

The Timid Kitten?

Reading Outlander while I was working on a fishing boat. Sitting with my feet in the water, dolphins and whales around. Magical.

Whenever I have time. On work breaks, at home, on drives

Not really, I kinda like hints to spoilers.

I annotate all my book. I love writing in them.

Anything and everything. A leaf, a receipt, a bookmark, a hair elastic, a dog ear.

The Vampire Lestat. I love it more every time.

Report Reply

Reply by j4zminxoxo

posted

1. Your preferred name and pronouns. Hi, I'm Jazmin! I go by she/her!
  2. Do you remember the first book that you read? Nope, but books like 'The Rainbow Fish', 'Where the Wild Things Are', 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar', the 'Rainbow Magic' series and the 'Storey Treehouse' series as well as various authors such as Pamela Allen, Jackie French, Morris Gleitzman and Paul Jennings were staples of my childhood.Ā 
  3. The best reading experience you've ever had (I'm thinking this can extend to not just being absorbed within a specific story, but the location you were literally reading in and the ViBeS.)Ā Probably when I was reading the 'Harry Potter' series growing up. I remember accidentally borrowing the third book instead of the first one from the school library, but I still read about one third of the way through it until I realised I've been reading the wrong one. I loved borrowing the series from my primary school library because I used to talk about it with the librarian! I also had friends who were reading Harry Potter and we used to talk about it together and race each other to see who could finish the books first. Another great reading experience of mine would be when I read this fascinating Amelia Earheart book for accelerated guided reading in year 1, I just remember sitting at my desk absolutely absorbed in the book!
  4. When do you usually read? At home, work, while cooking, in the morning, noon, afternoon, before you go to bed...?Ā During my commute on the train-- I love to put my earphones in, either listening to my favourite music or to an audiobook of the book I'm reading, and just become absolutely absorbed in the book. It's a great way to spend my time!
  5. Has knowing the ending of a book (example, through spoilers or a movie) ever made you decide whether you will read the book or not?Ā Not that I can remember, I tend to avoid spoilers! I'm not an absolute spoiler-phobe but I'd prefer it if I didn't know the entirety of the book before getting into it. That's why I'm a 'books before movies' person.
  6. Do you ever leave "a mark" (deliberate and/or not deliberate) in your books? For example, write in them, underline quotes, coffee marks or food crumbs and etc.Ā I'm guilty of dog-earing my books, usually as a bookmark or to mark pages with important quotes for close reading. I annotate my books sometimes, and when I'm close reading for eng lit I highlight all over my pages and scribble notes in the margins. I also break the spines of my books quite a lot so I can read them flat. I leave my books on my windowsill for decorative purposes which leads them to yellow very quickly. Sometimes I'll put my mug on my books which leaves coffee, tea and hot chocolate stains. If I'm lending someone a book, I'll annotate it and/or leave a note on the first page. I take my books with me everywhere, so the corners of the covers are always mucked up. To me, books aren't meant to be pretty, they're meant to be used.Ā 
  7. What do you use as a bookmark?Ā I dog-ear it, lolz. Much more convenient and quick, especially when I have to quickly get off the train.Ā 
  8. Is there a book that you have read more than five times? If so, what is it? Oh, definitely the 'JoJo's Bizarre Adventure' manga. I first watched the anime in 2020, but I loved it so much that I read the rest of the series (parts that hadn't been animated yet, 'Stone Ocean' up to 'JoJolion'). Being able to read the manga as it's being released is pretty awesome. I was able to read the last third of JoJolion as it was being released every month, and I'm currently reading 'JoJolands' with each new monthly release (I'm making blog posts for each chapter). Having read Stone Ocean before it was animated was also an awesome experience-- watching one of my favourite parts in the series being animated and released in stages and being able to compare the anime to the manga. I've reread Stone Ocean and Steel Ball Run soooo many times. I think I love JoJo so much because it's such a unique manga-- Araki's artstyle is absolutely amazing (no wonder he got featured in the Louvre), and the whole idea of new main characters in each part is brilliant: it's a really great way of gathering a large, varied audience with different tastes and getting readers hooked waiting for the next main character.Ā 

Report Reply

Reply by charles ^w^

posted

1. charlie and i use he/him

2. no

3. my fav readjng experience is when i was reading the nevermoor series ((which is rlly great btw i love it a lot)) and it was just so absorbing and stuff like i felt like i was in the story

4. i read at night and then keep reading until i get tired :3 other times i just read at school!!
  5. i get spoilers for a lot of the series im into but i dont mind. it gets more exciting to guess when the big reveal is coming up or get foreshadowing without having to re read.!!!
  6. i dont like marking in books it makes me a little upsetā€¦ for some reason
  7. i have a few rlly cool bookmarks but whenever i lose them or when theyre occupied i just grab paper or anything near me like a card and shove it in the pageā€¦ sometimes i dogear pagesā€¦. those are not my proudest moments.
  8. i have never read a book more than 5 times

Report Reply

Reply by Aaron D Brinker

posted

1. I prefer Aaron. My preferred pronouns are he/him.

2. No, but a few of the earlier books I read were The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe and Where the Red Fern Grows.

3. One of the best ones was having the power go out in below zero tempts and we had to take turns around the fireplace to keep warm while everyone else slept. I was so engrossed with the book that I was reading, I read by flashlight.

4. Mostly at home and in the mornings (at the current pattern).

5. No it hasn't.

6. Only when I was in college.

7. Anything that will keep my place. Mostly bookmarks and note cards.

8. There is not, but have read a few books multiple times, but not five.

Report Reply

Reply by Christine Angel

posted

• My preferred name is Christine. I do prefer they/them, she/they are also fine. I would also like to take the time to say that I'm am dyslexic, so please be kind about my spelling/grammar. <3

• I want to say it was The Rainbow Fish?
  • I read at home, when I'm at work and doing house work, I listen to , audio books

• Has knowing thing of a book (for example, through spoilers or a movie) ever made you decide whether you will read the book or not?Ā 

• Do you ever leave "a mark" (deliberate and/or not deliberate) in your books? For example, write in them, underline quotes, coffee marks or food crumbs, etc.
  • What do you use as a bookmark?Ā 
  • Is there a book that you have read more than five times? If so, what is it?

Report Reply

Reply by Lynx!

posted

1. Ever/Minu! (they/them pronouns)
2. I genuinely can't remember I was like 3
3. Honestly, I have no clue, I can't remember what it feels like to read a book when I'm not reading it anymore, no matter how much I enjoy it
4. I read the most in class after I finished my work but sometimes I read on the bus ride home and after showering
5. I don't really come across spoilers, but it does effect the reading experience if I know/predict something that's going to happen
6. Not purposefully, though a few might have a couple crumbs or minor smudges
7. An Eevee Pokemon card! I've been considering getting these cool Madoka magica bookmarks I found on etsy though
8. Don't think I've read it 5 times, but I used to be REALLY into Wings of Fire and read the whole series a few times

Report Reply

Reply by Benumbed Theory

posted

He/Him

2. Do you remember the first book that you read
    Not the very first, but first full on novel I completed was the Elfstones of Shannara, Terry Brooks.Ā 

3. The best reading experience you've ever hadĀ 
    I was reading a book I picked up randomly via an ad called Exoskeleton, Shane Stadler, and I stayed up all night reading that book. It was dark, wind was blowing, and complete with nightmares. It was definitely a memorable evening.

It really depends on the mood, and what I am reading. Some books I like at specific times, others I devour any chance I get. But I prefer a home environment for sure.Ā 

Nah, spoilers never really bother me so much. Meta knowledge rarely does. I can still enjoy the book and be entertained by any twist or turn presented.Ā 

NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR!!

TCG cards, Receipts, hardcover dust jacket flaps, torn paper. I have one actual bookmark and it's never in the book I'm actually reading... >>

Homeland, R.A. Salvatore.Ā  I don't know whatĀ  it is about this book. It's just homey and nostalgic.Ā 

Report Reply

Reply by ā˜†DEZIā˜†

posted

1. My preferred name is Desiree and my pronouns are She/They!

2. The first book that I probably read on my own was probably a Goosebumps book!

3. The best reading experience I've ever had was probably recently when I read this book called The House in the Cerulean Sea and I was entranced by it!Ā 

4. I usually read at home whenever I feel like it! Most of the time though I prefer in the afternoon because that's when I'm not that busy.

5. I try my best not to be spoiled about the ending of a book, but sometimes when it does happen to me I actually feel like I have to read it, because I have to know the cause of the ending if you get my drift.

6. Only in books that I personally own. Other than that I try my best to make sure I leave no marks in books because I always feel bad for doing so.

7. I usually use a piece of paper I have lying around, I don't have many proper bookmarks!

8. I've never read a book more than five times. I believe that I've read one book at least three times but that was when I was much younger!

Report Reply

Reply by Jada

posted

Hey thereI'm Jada and she/her are my pronouns!

1. Do you remember the first book that you read?

The first book I ever read was this title called "The Enchanted Forest Chronicles" by Patricia C. Wrede. It was all about dragons, princesses, and magical adventures, and it totally enchanted my young heart!

1. What's the best reading experience you've ever had?

The best reading experience I've ever had was when I was chilling at this cozy little coffee shop with fairy lights twinkling above me, sippin' on a lavender latte, and totally getting lost in the pages of "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern. The whole ambiance was just so dreamy and gave me major mystical vibes!

1. When do you usually read?

I'm a total bookworm all day, every day! I read in the morning with my breakfast, during my lunch break at work, and definitely before bed to wind down.

1. Has knowing the ending of a book ever made you decide whether you will read it or not?

Hmm, that's an interesting question! I'm all about the journey and the twists and turns in a book, so I try my best to avoid spoilers. Knowing the ending might influence my decision a bit, but I'm usually up for giving a book a chance and experiencing it firsthand.

1. Do you ever leave "a mark" in your books?

Oh, for sure! I love adding my personal touch to my books. I might underline my favorite quotes, jot down my thoughts in the margins, or leave a cute bookmark.

1. What do you use as a bookmark?

I have a collection of cute bookmarks that I've collected over the years, ranging from fluffy pompoms to sparkly ones with gems. I also love using dried flowers, washi tapes, and even my own DIY bookmarks. It's all about adding that extra touch of style!

1. Is there a book that you have read more than five times?

Absolutely! I'm a big fan of re-reading my favorite books. One book that I've read more than five times is "The Secret History" by Donna Tartt. The dark academia vibes, the complex characters, and the intricate plot just keep drawing me back in. It's a true literary masterpiece in my book!

Report Reply

Reply by Jada

posted

Hey thereI'm Jada and she/her are my pronouns!

1. Do you remember the first book that you read?

The first book I ever read was this title called "The Enchanted Forest Chronicles" by Patricia C. Wrede. It was all about dragons, princesses, and magical adventures, and it totally enchanted my young heart!

1. What's the best reading experience you've ever had?

The best reading experience I've ever had was when I was chilling at this cozy little coffee shop with fairy lights twinkling above me, sippin' on a lavender latte, and totally getting lost in the pages of "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern. The whole ambiance was just so dreamy and gave me major mystical vibes!

1. When do you usually read?

I'm a total bookworm all day, every day! I read in the morning with my breakfast, during my lunch break at work, and definitely before bed to wind down.

1. Has knowing the ending of a book ever made you decide whether you will read it or not?

Hmm, that's an interesting question! I'm all about the journey and the twists and turns in a book, so I try my best to avoid spoilers. Knowing the ending might influence my decision a bit, but I'm usually up for giving a book a chance and experiencing it firsthand.

1. Do you ever leave "a mark" in your books?

Oh, for sure! I love adding my personal touch to my books. I might underline my favorite quotes, jot down my thoughts in the margins, or leave a cute bookmark.

1. What do you use as a bookmark?

I have a collection of cute bookmarks that I've collected over the years, ranging from fluffy pompoms to sparkly ones with gems. I also love using dried flowers, washi tapes, and even my own DIY bookmarks. It's all about adding that extra touch of style!

1. Is there a book that you have read more than five times?

Absolutely! I'm a big fan of re-reading my favorite books. One book that I've read more than five times is "The Secret History" by Donna Tartt. The dark academia vibes, the complex characters, and the intricate plot just keep drawing me back in. It's a true literary masterpiece in my book!

Report Reply

Reply by kalena

posted

1. Hi, I chose kalena because of kafka+milena

She/her

2. I do, Le petit princeĀ 

3. I think its feeling how the characters would feel, the emotions (or the lack of it in some) really amps up my feels

4. I think im a intermittent reader? I read whenever i feel like it which is most of the time, but i guess if i happen to pass anywhere with a bench and i like the vibes (i.e quiet)

5. No not really

6. I highlight quotes or sentences that make me aughhj

7. It would be Ā Letters to milena. It showed kafkas loving and affectionate writing but u could see his ā€œwrittingā€ seeping into the letters

Report Reply

Reply by axiom

posted

1. hey im axiom! i usually use he/him pronouns but any is fine

2. it was the dollhouse murders by betty ann wright

3. i think it was the time i read aristotle and dante dtsotu at the park when the sun was starting to set. the relaxing tone of the book paired with the cool breeze was really nice

4. tbh i read whenever im in the mood for it lol. i do prefer reading at busier places like my school classroom or at my neighborhood's park since background noises makes me focus

5. eh not really. but what WILL prevent me from reading a book is if the book cover is ugly

6. with physical books, i usually write the date i got the book and my signature on the first page of the book

7. either 1. i use my actual bookmark my older sister gave me or 2. my dumbass forgot i had to bookmark it so iĀ flip through the pages to find a line i last remember reading

8. well no

Report Reply

Reply by kade

posted

1. Your preferred name and pronouns. liam, he/himĀ 
  2. Do you remember the first book that you read? not really, but i used to read a bunch of books about vampires in elementary. though, the first book series i fell in love with was percy jackson by rick riordan
  3. The best reading experience you've ever had (I'm thinking this can extend to not just being absorbed within a specific story, but the location you were literally reading in and the ViBeS.) the secret history by donna tartt...it was thunder-storming, i had candles lit, and i was drinking tea. absolutely amazing.
  4. When do you usually read? At home, work, while cooking, in the morning, noon, afternoon, before you go to bed...? it really depends. school mostly. when i'm on break, i read at home during the afternoon or night.
  5. Ā Has knowing the ending of a book (example, through spoilers or a movie) ever made you decide whether you will read the book or not? yeah..i read spoilers every now and then because i have no self control. if it ends bad, i usually don't read the book LMAO
  6. Do you ever leave "a mark" (deliberate and/or not deliberate) in your books? For example, write in them, underline quotes, coffee marks or food crumbs and etc. i'm awful at taking care of books so a lot of them are just torn and taped-up with time.
  7. What do you use as a bookmark? pieces of paper i rip out/find from somewhere. sometimes i used pens. just whatever is laying around tbh
  8. Is there a book that you have read more than five times? If so, what is it?Ā yes! good omens by neil gaiman and terry pratchett!! god i love that book more than life itself..

Report Reply

Reply by Rylie :p

posted

Your preferred name and pronouns.
-Rylie, She/Her
Do you remember the first book that you read?
-I don'tt, but i do remember that my first favorite book series was Percy Jackson!
The best reading experience you've ever had (I'm thinking this can extend to not just being absorbed within a specific story, but the location you were literally reading in and the ViBeS.)
-I was on vacation and I read on the beach as the sun was going down! The sunset and noise of the waves was so relaxing, i loved it
When do you usually read? At home, work, while cooking, in the morning, noon, afternoon, before you go to bed...?Ā 
-Anytime really!
Has knowing the ending of a book (example, through spoilers or a movie) ever made you decide whether you will read the book or not?Ā 
-Depends on the circumstance, but usually no because i still enjoy seeing how the author drives the story to the end.
Do you ever leave "a mark" (deliberate and/or not deliberate) in your books? For example, write in them, underline quotes, coffee marks or food crumbs and etc.
-I do! i love leaving stuff like that, whether its to look back on it or help me collect my thoughts LMAO
-I'm currently using a photo booth strip of me and my mom!
Is there a book that you have read more than five times? If so, what is it?
-There's not, yet!

Report Reply

Reply by han ( ā—”ā€æā—” *)

posted

hiii all <33

1. Your preferred name and pronouns. han! she/they!

2. Do you remember the first book that you read? :0 no! as a tween, i always fucked w percy jackson, harry potter, the hunger games super heavy.

3. The
    best reading experience you've ever had (I'm thinking this can extend
    to not just being absorbed within a specific story, but the location you
    were literally reading in and the ViBeS.) okok - in high school there were a couple books i read that really brought me back into the fray: slaughterhouse five by kurt vonnegut for some juicy intense post-modernism and, on the rom-com side of things, the gentelmen's guide to vice and virtue by mackenzi lee and we were liars by e. lockhart. these days i read more non-fiction or contemporary stuff! (there r a few historical fiction/postmodern books on my tbr that i can't wait to get into)

4. When do you usually read? At home, work, while cooking, in the morning, noon, afternoon, before you go to bed...?Ā  at home! any time, any where if i've got time and am motivated.

5. Has
    knowing the ending of a book (example, through spoilers or a movie)
    ever made you decide whether you will read the book or not? hmm! good question! i don't think so.

6. Do
    you ever leave "a mark" (deliberate and/or not deliberate) in your
    books? For example, write in them, underline quotes, coffee marks or
    food crumbs and etc. yes. big annotating girlie. luv some themes and solid quotes that just stand out to me.

7. What do you use as a bookmark? is this the doggy-ear support group? guilty as charged. srry srry.

8. Is there a book that you have read more than five times? If so, what is it 5x? no.

Report Reply

Reply by babsie

posted

1. Babsi, she/they

2. I don't remember my first book, but the first book(s) I really remember reading is the rainbow fairy series (anyone else remember those?)

3. I think my most pleasant reading experience ever was reading "Invisible Man" in AP Lit, I just loved delving deep into the text and finding every bit of meaning I could within it. Connecting it to other pieces that have since referenced it was also special to me.

4. I'm a midday-nighttime reader

5. I've never based my reading of a book on spoilers/knowledge of the ending

6. I annotate a LOT of my classic lit books, but for most contemporary ones I don't (aside from poetry or ones involving more complex language/writing techniques)

7. I use napkins, receipts, etc as a bookmark

8. I think I've read "The Book Thief" and "Catch-22" nearly 8-10 times each

Report Reply

Reply by jan

posted

1. yan, he/him

2. it was my aunt's book, some horror

3. every time i read in a bus or subway! its so heart-warming to do so :)
  4. every available moment i get. on my way, in school, in my bed..Ā 

5. no, but reading one without spoilers is more pleasurableĀ 
  6. i leave sticky bookmarks and writings, made with pencil

7. bookmarks that were gifted to me

8. the picture of dorian gray by oscar wilde and a hero of our time by lermontov <:)

Report Reply

Reply by oisín

posted

1. OisĆ­n, he/they!

2. i think it was one of those rainbow magic fairy books??

3. not to sound pretentious but there's nothing quite like reading ulysses in late january/early february on an old chapel-turned-library that smells like old archives.

4. most of my reading these days is for school so usually the library, but when i read for myself i love to read in my bedroom

5. honestly not thank i know of, even if i hear the ending and absolutely hate it i'll eventually go back to see why they chose to do that lol

6. sometimes! it depends on the book

7. anything close to me lol

8. convenience store woman! never gets old

Report Reply

Reply by Gail

posted

1. GailĀ  (its my middle name), she/her
  2. not really but i do. remember reading bullwhip griffin in 4th grade
  3. reading twilight at the park by my moms old house while it was raining and. listening to the soundtrack

4. at random times

5. no not really

6. yes,i write in. the margins. and more often than not I spill my drinks on the edge

7. really anythingĀ 

8. yes, the whole twilight saga

Report Reply

Reply by sparrow

posted

• Hi guys!
  • I'm Sparrow, I use they/them pronouns :)

• I do! It was "Put Me In The Zoo" by Dr. Seuss (my mom taught me how to read a bit when i was very small)

• I finished The Secret HistoryĀ by Donna Tartt on a chilly plane ride home from my mom's after Christmas, and I had a soda water and a nice fluffy blanket, and I could see the city lights outside my window. Overall a peaceful and cozy time.

• I usually read a little before bed and whenever my eyes get tired of staring at a computer.

• Knowing the end of a book only ruins it for me if it's a badly written book. Most of my favorite books actually start off by telling you how they end, and the fun is reading how they get there.Ā 

• I write in my books, usually in pen, and I'm not afraid to dog-ear them. I love reading other people's books who have done this and seeing the bits they loved, so I leave a piece of myself for the next person who does.
  • I dog-ear my pages.

• I've read Romeo and Juliet more times than I can count, as well as The Cruel Prince and The Secret History.

Can't wait to get to know you all!

Report Reply

Reply by Yeon

posted

1. Yeon & any pronouns

2. chicka chicka boom boom

3. when reading the first harry potter book i had zoned out and imagined the book as if it was a movie and it was as if i was harry potter. i couldnt even hear anyone else and didnt respond to any physical touch. i completelyĀ disassociatedĀ into the book until i finished it.

4. at work, to decompress & before bed

5. yes. it has made me want to read a book more and done the opposite too

1. i underline and highlight books that i bought to learn something. an example of books i do this to is a book i have about herbal medicines, spiritual herbs, and the culture of herbs.

2. whatever i can besides folding the paper in the book

3. my herbal book i mentioned before & spell books i own

Report Reply

Reply by SapphireSouls

posted

1. Sapphire, not concerned about pronouns

2. Corydon and the Island of Monsters by Tobias Druitt

3. Picking up the first book in the Department 19 series by Will Hill in school. I got so absorbed in the story that I made getting the entire book series a Christmas request when I was younger

4. Generally at home but I like to keep whichever book I'm in the middle of reading to hand whenever I go out

5. Sometimes if I liked the story enough after hearing about it or seeing it in another form, I may end up grabbing the book(s)

6. Never, I try to look after my personal collection as best I can

7. I've got a crocheted Golden Snitch from Quidditch that my mom made for me a long time ago

8. I don't think I've reached five re-reads on any book so far but I have re-read a couple that I enjoyed a lot

Report Reply

Reply by ą¼˜ āŠ¹ ą£Ŗ Ė–š™š tlee

posted
updated

1. Tlee, she/her ~
  2. GERONIMO STILTON BOOKS >>>
  3. I was so absorbed into reading the Hunger Games series I nestled into my bed at 10pm and finished two of the books by 5am that was the coziest reading experience ever.
  4. I read mostly at school during lunchtime or between classes.Ā 
  5. YESS!! With the book If You Could See Me Now, I thought it was going to be boring, then I read the last chapter then I was immediately intrigued and swished through the book so fast.
  6. I once spilled some black coffee on one of my books but I wiped it off so fast, so there's three (from the leaking) pages in one book which is literally brown.
  7. Anything I can grab, most of the time my eraser or calculator.Ā 
  8. Holes by Louis Sachar and The Village by the Sea by Anita Desai (BIG RECCO THEY'RE SO GOOD)

Report Reply

Reply by šŸ“š Haru į¶»š˜‡š°

posted

1. im Haru! i go by he/they (they're just my pronouns, not my gender, im a female :))

2. it was a classic, and my favorite until now and im so glad i picked it up: Pride and Prejudice

3. as you can see from my profile, Folk of the Air series (i was a little annoyed when it got popular on tiktok tbh since i dont want it to get overhyped either since i love it so much. (worst feeling ever))

4. at home at any time a feel like reading~ (bring a couple books in public so i can read there too)

5. this was me with Harry Potter, yes it did, but i kept hearing that the books were so much better than the movies, so i read them (theyĀ wereĀ better)

6. i go as far as annotating on them and drawing on them (it makes the books feel more like thy're mine, which they are; and i like that feeling.) coffee marks and food crumbs are a big no!

8. Beach Read! (its like more of a comfort book to me <3)

Report Reply

Reply by Perdita the Non-humanoid

posted
updated

1. You can call me Perdita (I use she/they pronouns, but I don't really care which ones you use :))

2. I remember reading "Sophie's Masterpiece".

3. The best reading experience I've ever had was reading Warrior Cats: Into the Wild for the first time. I can't remembered every detail about it, but it was an experience that I've enjoyed.

4. I read whenever I have time, I even have some things to read bookmarked so I can read them later.

5. Yes, very much. That's why stopped reading at Warrior Cats: Omen of the Stars.
  6. Deliberate, I use sticky notes or index cards. Only if it's for school though.
  7. I usually dog-ear the page (I know how dare I ) or use an homemade bookmark made out of folded notebook or printer paper.

8. "Stellaluna", I've read that book multiple times in Kindergarten.

Report Reply

Reply by šŸ“œ— ŠšŠ¾ŠµŠ½

posted

1. Koen (they/them)

2. "Coraline" by Neil Gaiman

3. I was reading "The House in the Cerulean Sea" by TJ Klune at a small cafƩ down the road. It was spring, the weather was nice, the place was mostly empty, I had ordered an earl grey and some biscuits. It was a nice experience, and the book itself is one of my favourites. So overall a very pleasant memory.

4. Usually during the afternoon or early evening, I'd make myself comfortable in my desk chair (it reclines, and I tend to put my feet up on the desk or bed) with a warm blanket and beverage or small fan and iced water, depends on the weather.

5. I annotate my favourite books.

6. Anything. I have some store bought ones, homemade ones, a couple that were given to me by friends - there are also plenty of receipts, ripped out notebook pages, etc.

7. "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

Report Reply

Reply by āŠ¹ ą£Ŗ Ė– elizabeth

posted

1. Hello hello!!! I go by Zabeth (or Elizabeth) and my preferred pronouns are she/her.

2. One of the first books that I read as a kid was "Anne of Green Gables" that was part of the Puffins Collection by the company Penguin I think. My mother always encouraged me to dive into the classics so I think that was definitely a start.

3. Forgive me for being cliche but I once read a Harry Potter book (Chamber of Secrets for anyone curious) on a really foggy and slow day at a Starbucks in Tagaytay (Hiraya, best ph location for sb in my opinion). Everything was just right from the warm atmosphere of the Starbucks, the foggy mountain view, cold air, warm drink, and I was halfway through the book of it all. Not only was the location locationing but the vibes were vibing that day.

4. I typically read when I have the free time to do so because even as a student, I do have alot of obligations to fulfill though I do make it a point to read for atleast an hour a week (if my school schedule allows such time).

5. Yes, yes, and yes oh my godd!! The amount of books I avoid reading because I know the ending is really sad or is like so unexpected is unbearably alot because I still get so immersed into the book to the point I forget the ending momentarily and then it's just like WHAM suddenly I'm an emotional and inconsolable wreck. It's the same analogy I have for anime's (Like Banana Fish and the Sk8 the Infinity)/

6. I don't like leaving marks in my books though a way I do sort of make it my own is by leaving a checkmark on the first chapter.

7. I use a leather bookmark that I got from Fully Booked (SHOUTOUT!!!!!!) it has stars and constellations with the quote "Your task is not to foresee the future but enable it."Ā 

8. Inferno by Dante Alighieri for most of my wips, I can explain I promise!

Report Reply

Reply by arlo atomickk

posted

1. Your preferred name and pronouns - Arlo, he/they.

2. Do you remember the first book that you read? - Nope tbh

3. The best reading experience you've ever had (I'm thinking this can extend to not just being absorbed within a specific story, but the location you were literally reading in and the ViBeS.) - I always read at home butĀ  have a lot of good memories reading the illuminatus trilogy by robert anton wilson and robert shea

4. When do you usually read? At home, work, while cooking, in the morning, noon, afternoon, before you go to bed...?Ā  - whenever I can really, generally at home but I'll occasionally bring books with me when I go out

5. Has knowing the ending of a book (example, through spoilers or a movie) ever made you decide whether you will read the book or not? - Nope, I often buy books of movies I've just watched if I enjoyed it enough, I actually appreciate it more in a way

6. Do you ever leave "a mark" (deliberate and/or not deliberate) in your books? For example, write in them, underline quotes, coffee marks or food crumbs and etc. - I try not to and if im desperate to leave a note ill use a sticky note

7. What do you use as a bookmark? - used to use literally any piece of paper lying round but then I got some bookmarks for free from buyin a book and now I use them

8. Is there a book that you have read more than five times? If so, what is it? - Catcher in the Rye, probably because I had to do my english A-level coursework on it lmfao

Report Reply