« Back to the divination & magick Forum

When did you first find out you were a Witch?

I'll go first. Not only has my abilities been revealed to me late, but a close friend was the one to pointed out the strange occupancies happening around me. I have the ability to control the misfortune of those closest to me that have done me wrong. Think of it as a walking jinx or bad karma. Please, don't be mistaken. You can still experience misfortune, however, depending on the connection I have with someone, I can make the experience much worse. I have never jinxed some one to the point of causing bodily harm, but the jinx is emotional misfortune. I attract cats when focused and have talent in healing herbs/teas. I have noticed that when the moon is full and at its highest I feel overwhelmed with energy. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Jacqueline Michelle

posted

I knew I was different from when I was a child it started with premonition dreams and escalated from there. Didn’t understand the craft till I was older and didn’t come into it until I hit my dark night of the soul and went through my worst trauma ever. Then from there I had to start healing and with nobody to help pull me out of it I started my spiritual journey.

Report Reply

Reply by Sundance

posted

In native communities the elders usually know way ahead of us as we're usually four or five when they tell us and our parents who we're supposed to be. I'm heyoka, my sister is the warrior and my other sister is the leader. But of the three of us, I'm the one with the weird psychic stuff. But I do have a different father and his brother and sister who I met at my father's funeral told me he always had powers and their parents didn't know what to do except ask their elders. My mom tho, my sister's dad's family have called her a witch since I remember meeting them at like four. But...she's not a witch to Lakota, just Dine. But that's kind of a Navajo thing, dine do everything they can to ignore the spirit world, even going as far as to not have pets because they die. My mother didn't really have powers tho, all her stuff was absorbed thru the California style cults that plagued the sixties and seventies. She was just receptive and open to it. Kind of wrong direction but that's what happens with sixties mental health, oh your child is disassociate and hallucinating, just give that kindergartener lithium. She'll be fine. But she wasn't fine. It's better now, mental health improved dramatically in the past twenty years. In the nineties she lost her senses, ended up on the street, on meth from hanging out with undesirables. But around 2001 we finally got her actual treatment. She's stable, forgetful but excited. It's easier now too, like in 1993 when she wanted 13 year old me to teach her internet tech, she has learned the emoji game. She also has learned how to research better, a skill she hasn't used since her days as a production assistant on five hundred nations. Oh! And she loves the library! She's read up on so much theory and policy that I think her brother, rest his soul, would be proud of her. 

But...the property dreams are sporadic, it's the spirit talking that's increased. And it's difficult when someone like me has to deal with inherently hallucinatory symptoms. But the hallucinations I have are obvious. It's like walla in a background track. Nothing in common with how spirits interact. 

Oh. I might as well plug my sister's new documentary...  https://www.pioneer.org/blogs/pressroom/bring-her-home-film-screening-and-discussion-of-leya-hales-new-film/

Report Reply

Reply by Ormen Long

posted

To me, witchdom is more of an occupation than an identity. I didn't realize that I was a witch, I became one through study.

I have preminitions, but they are more about future activities than anything interesting. So I could have a dream about painting a wall, and then weeks later I am working on a mural.

Report Reply

Reply by Celea Akuri

posted

Mine came in two parts. I knew I was a witch in every way except for name since forever. Both of my parents have abilities, and had practitioners in their families. Seeing spirits, visions of the future, laying of the hands, casting on other people accidentally and on purpose, all of this was normal. It wasn't until I was starting to see that other kids couldn't interact with the world the way I could that I started to understand none of this was "normal". I was given the word "witch" by my mother one night in fifth grade. She announced we were witches rather flippantly. "Of course we can do these things. We're witches."

Report Reply

Reply by xX_N1ghtm4r3_P01s0n_Xx

posted

I've also been attracted to all things dark and mystical since I was a kid. I loved watching Scooby Doo cause it has monsters and The Hex Girls (witch icons, let's be real) and was raised with certain divinations already (mainly the Magpie/Crow/Raven/Corvid "One for sorrow, two for joy" divination), I love Monster High and Ever After High cause they deal with monsters and magic and folklore and so on. However, I decided to dive into witchcraft one morning in 2019 when heading to college. Just had a random clicking in my head and a pull in my guts to it, so I started watching videos and looking for books on the subject. Four years later, I'm Norse Pagan and still researching witchcraft. I even downloaded a cozy witchy game called Wylde Flowers and spent 3-4 days last week playing it non-stop.

Report Reply

Reply by Bones 0-\\

posted

I'm still relatively new to witchcraft and would be what people call a 'baby witch'. But anyways, I was always intrigued by witchcraft and magick. When I was younger I loved consuming literally any witchy media I could (ex: Winx club, Sabrina the teenage witch, and a lot of other animated witchy movies/shows.) As I got older, I started exploring witchcraft more and deepening my knowledge on it. I've been practicing for about a year now, and am still actively learning. I'm a green witch by the way !!

Report Reply