« Games Forum

Half-Life: SpaceHey

thought i'd make a place to discuss probably my favourite game franchise: Half-Life! post your game tier list, post your own Original Creations related to Half-Life, or talk about why you think Opposing Force is the worst Half-Life game, among other things!

i've recently been working on some maps in goldsrc / source which i hope to post here but nothing substantial yet

17 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by skinkroot

posted

What are your favourite chapters in the series? Mine are Blast Pit and Surface Tension.

I like Surface Tension because the maps really make room for fun combat with the soldiers. Blast Pit has fun alien combat and the player being directed around to defeat the tentacle is simple but very fun.

Report Reply

Reply by ♡ Linkie ♡

posted

i've never made any content for it but i just wanted to join you in loving the most perfect game ever made

Report Reply

Reply by Catalystl

posted

Surface Tension is the best chapter, and I like using the tau
cannon to propel myself into a wedge below the dam to skip the
helicopter part. I used the speedrun the game for fun, and I would
finish sometime around an hour.

Also what's wrong with Opposing Force?

Report Reply

Reply by sprite

posted

i played twhl tower 2 not too long ago. really really good series of maps and it's way better than tower 1 lmao

maybe one day i'll make levels for hl1... we'll see...

Report Reply

Reply by ivybee

posted

HL1 is my favorite game! I've tried to make mods in the past but I've yet to finish anything lol

maybe someday....

Report Reply

Reply by spikehunter

posted

i actually made a level for TWHL Tower 2! it's called Training Course

really fun mod and i'd recommend playing it! 

Report Reply

Reply by chell

posted

i've not made any content for it, but i'm glad to see a topic relating to half-life. the lore took over my aspie mind growing up and i will forever go on tangents about it if people ever ask.

Report Reply

Reply by FoolyCooly210

posted

Best game ever! There is the free mod on steam called sven coop that I enjoy playing. Talking to randos and just getting some custom maps done

Report Reply

Reply by FoolyCooly210

posted

Best game ever! There is the free mod on steam called sven coop that I enjoy playing. Talking to randos and just getting some custom maps done

Report Reply

Reply by alok

posted

Half-Life: Alyx was absolutely amazing! Other VR games just don't compare to it at all. It's been hard picking up another VR game since beating HL:A (except maybe Star Wars Squadrons).

Report Reply

Reply by Aylien

posted

Half-Life Alyx is lifechanging!! I even got the gnome in the vault achievement... Custom maps are great too ^^

Report Reply

Reply by Salrynn

posted

I personally miss Half-Life! I actually got it for my PS2, and because of that I also had the lovely chance to play Half-Life: Decay with my lovely sister.

Funnily enough when my sister and I were trying to buy it for the PS2 the first time we got ID'd for it even though we were both 15 or over lol, we kept going at each other at why we possibly got ID'd for it xD

I don't think I am going to lose that memory, it's a good one!

Report Reply

Reply by cryingbaby23

posted

Half Life Alyx is honestly a gaming revolution, anyone who bitched and moaned that it was VR only is just a nerd and is sad that can't play. The Jeff chapter would not have the same feeling at all on desktop and has to be played to be in the know. If you havent played it, go buy an index right now and get playing!!!! Its life changing.

Report Reply

Reply by Andrew Brower

posted

^ That Jeff chapter was genuinely terrifying, definitely one of my favorite chapters from that game.

Report Reply

Reply by noodlynoodle

posted

Getting into Half Life, I beat the original and Opposing Force. I can see why those games were basically the earliest to have a large fandom on the internet.

Fuck headcrabs though

Report Reply

Reply by Cody

posted
updated

I've been messing around with hl2 hammer and modding. I made a TF2 map
called Team Fortress: Wasteland (just a map im messing around with
working on) and yeah. I really want Source 2 but dont have alyx yet lol.
ive started following this hl mod with a modified HLA SDK that isn't
VR. the mod is called Half-Life: Quarantine and looks fun. I'm really
excited about s&box too! off-topic but yeah.
HL2 is my favorite Half-Life, that game REALLY made me love games more. I really want Half-Life: Alyx but don't have a VR Ready Graphics card. I have a Quest 2 that I play VR games on tho.

Report Reply

Reply by aussti🍒

posted

I certainly hope the Half Life community on here is a lot nicer than the one on Garry's Mod. 

I'd say that HL2 was a formative experience for me. I absolutely fell into deep love with the aesthetic and story, and I would say it was the first PC game that I've played from beginning to end with such insane amount of detail that I was taking my time and soaking up every section I could.

Report Reply