« General Forum

~The Lounge~

Posted by VapeGeoff

posted
updated

Forum: General

Are the rest of the forums dead? Is there not a place to hang out and just talk to people?  

Welcome to:

*The Lounge* 

A friendly place to chill out and make and meet up with good friends.

Leave your drama llama's outside and come and have some fun!

Report Topic

21987 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

That's terrible. Sorry for your loss and condolances to you and your family.

Report Reply

Reply by Charles117

posted

Hello Space-Hey, this is Charles's sister. Charles died in a car accident yesterday evening, so he will not be posting anymore. I know he loved this website and talked about it a lot. Thank you guys for making him happy before he was taken from us.

Report Reply

Reply by Andrrr

posted

hi, are there people alive??

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

Mornin Kasou & Guy

@Kasou

I only work my one real job. On my free time, I'm a gamer. I plan to record quite a bit of gameplay. But I'm also going to include video commentary, and custom intros & outros.

The statement I made about all eras being shit is highly subjective and from a philosophical standpoint. More accurately, I think the reason a lot of us feel older times were better isn't because they were better at all. But because in early to late childhood, most of us develop "comfort zones". As we age and life changes, we miss the sense of security those comfort zones afforded and subsequently associate them with the era instead of our specific life situations.

What are you interning for/as?

@Guy

According to what I last read, you are in fact NOT blind. I read the app is primarily for direct messaging.

Report Reply

Reply by guy

posted

am I blind? genuinely why does the app not have this feature? I like talking to groups rather than individually 

Report Reply

Reply by Kasou Shakai

posted

Thanks Steve, that's pretty cool you're setting up a recording studio. You do music on the side?  Also in regards to all eras sucking, I partly agree.  I think these decades have been a roller coaster going down, and I just want to retreat back a few steps for a breath of fresh air.  

It be what it be.  I got off my intership job a few hours ago, so I'm just hanging out here waiting for tomorrow.

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

But yeah. It's a lot of very old houses. Mostly maintained true-to-era. You can tour a couple. There WAS one interesting place where they had a blacksmith. 

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

I can't even take myself there right now lol

Report Reply

Reply by Demiannwxiss

posted

Boring999??? Awhh. I wish I could go. Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the continent, you see. Steve, take me there. Help a student out. 

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

Mornin Demi

I'm actually very close to the home of the witch hunts. It's a day trip for me. We went over there once but not right on Halloween. They get a lot of tourists on Halloween. My parents thought it was interesting. I thought it was boring as hell.

Report Reply

Reply by Demiannwxiss

posted

Hello, good morning loungeners! How are you feeling this fine morning? 

I'm at school right now. History. We're talking about the witch hunt there was in America back in the day, wow honestly. We learn way more about other countries’ history than our own haha. 

Ooh, I hear 80's and 90's stuff? I'm interested. I wish I was alive back then, screw being a 2008 baby! 

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

Morning all

Welcome Kasou. 90s and early 2000s was my era. Late 80s too. The 80s were better. But the 90s were better than today. Could also just be childhood nostolgia skewing my views, and all eras are equally shit. lol

In any case, mornin humanoids.

I made huge strides in setting up my recording area. I replaced my PC with my laptop and it works! I just have to fine tune the recording parameters.

Report Reply

Reply by Kasou Shakai

posted

First post of the forums here we go.  

Hello there, I'm LoftKnight.  I want to say hi and make friends with Spacehey users that aren't like 15 lol.   I created this account to publish a zine celebrating early 2000's and 90's living.  A little graphic design and illustration practice for me, but yeah I hope to have fun with that.  How is everyone doing?

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

Problem solved with a $30 part. That beats the hell outta becoming a computer tech.

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

Oh good. The janitors cleaned up the shitposts.

Update on my recording project, yesterday, I got the last of the hardware I need to get started. I set up the EG Facecam. Never turned it on. Went to the EG site to download the software. The SECOND I clicked the Download button, my PC stopped sending the display signal to my monitor. No amount of resets have worked. I used the same exact HDMI cable to directly link my PS5, and it works perfect. So after the shitshow today, and probably all day tomorrow, I gotta become a goddamn computer tech now. v_v

I'm tempted to say this hobby is more shit than it's worth and just sell off all my peripherals. Just go back to gaming without broadcasting or sharing...

Report Reply

Reply by vx5590

posted

skibidi toilet is amazing

Report Reply

Reply by vx5590

posted

who else likes skibidi toilet?

Report Reply

Reply by Xhepy

posted

oh hey sick, a relatively active forum i can talk on lol. most ones on here are practically dead. :/

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

So peaceful here. It's nice.

/Sets up chair

//Pulls out guitar and starts struming

🎶'Cause I got dreeeams,

I've got my dreams!

To rememmmber...

Yeah I've got dreams! 

I've got my dreams!

To rememmmber...

The dreeeams, I'm never gonna see🎶

And now to head into to the shitshow... Where dreams die.

Off tommorow at least

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

Mornin humanoids

I'm not sure if opening or closing is worse at work. But I open today and close tomorrow. I reeeally wanna just go back to bed right now. (5:37am) But I gotta be at the store in 20 minutes...

Hopefully today goes alright and all the whiney, adult-toddlers come in after I leave. But what are the odds of that? 🤷

Report Reply

Reply by scara

posted

good morning to yall!! yeah about to sleep over here, see yall soon if i don’t reply and hope yall have a good day !

Report Reply

Reply by Charles117

posted

Morning Steve, Scara. 

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted
updated

Hey Scara. Hope you're having a good night over there.

Mornin to everyone else.

Getting a visit from the overlords at the shitshow today. Got all my numbers in order. They are not great. Will today be my last day??? Find out next time, on Shitshow Ball-Z!

Report Reply

Reply by scara

posted

hello hello and welcome

hope you’re all doing well loungers! :DD

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

Good question Fluff

Welcome to the thread

Report Reply

Reply by Marshmallow_Fluff

posted

Huh.

BitView has decided to update to 2010 layout.

So, where else may those beloved stars find rest?

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted
updated

Happy humps day Pres

We did get nice weather. 70/75 and clear. I finally took down the Christmas lights and cleaned up my yard. Also put a little greenhouse together for my mom & dad.

I'm looking forward to posting the vids. Gonna be a while though. I'm in pre-production right now. Still gotta get a cam and a green screen (I am NOT broadcasting my room lol)

But then I gotta figure out if I want to record live commentary, or record gameplay and film commentary seperately.

Whatever the case, I have the outros for my Zelda and FF7R playlists done.

Report Reply

Reply by Presley

posted

Hi Steve

Happy Hump day!
Subway sounds really good, I don't know what I'm doing yet for lunch

Did you guys get that nice weather yesterday?
It was just about 80 here. Sooooo beautiful in beautiful Astoria Queens. lol

I'm looking forward to hearing your music on your videos

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

Mornin Pres

I have never in my life had a croissants.

I think I'm gonna get Subway for lunch & supper. Split a foot-long Tuna so I get 2 meals for the price of one.

Got a fun 4 days on now. Closing tonight, 9am tomorrow, 6am Friday, closing Saturday.

Can't wait for Sunday. Really wanna spend more time with my MC707.

Report Reply

Reply by Presley

posted

Good Morning Lounge!
Happy Hump Day!

WHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
*spins in chair*

We got croissants from the bakery across the street today. They sent them over to us because our manager helped them unlock their store today. The key was stuck and he got the key out without breaking it! 
Locksmithing = FREE CROISSANTS! 

lol

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

Afternoon humanoids

Been putting time in with the MC707. I pretty much have the credit track for my FF7R and Zelda gameplays done.

Gotta decide on the intro sequences now. I'm thinking of making just one for everything. But also considering making a unique one for each franchise I play through. Can't decide.

Hope your days are all going good.

Report Reply

Reply by scara

posted

hey lounge!! hope you’re all well :]

Report Reply

Reply by Demiannwxiss

posted

Evening to everyone on the Lounge!! How are we feeling 2day? I hate mondays! *insert image of Garfield* 

I'm currently bored, overwhelmed and sleepy. I should be studying for a test I have tomorrow, but I physically can't bring myself to do it, so I'm drawing instead. :[

My best wishes to everyone here. XOXO 💗

Report Reply

Reply by Paul

posted

Oh man! That sucks! Brings me back to when I waited what had to be at least an hour at the DMV. By the time I left, all the seats were taken and there was a whole line outside. Was quite a sight. 0_0

Report Reply

Reply by Charles117

posted

Morning Paul- I fucking hate when they pull that shit. Had that happen at the DOT (Iowa's name for the DMV) the other day. Wasted a solid 30 minutes that I could've used to be productive >:(

Report Reply

Reply by Paul

posted

Hell yeah Steve!

Happy Monday guys!

Was supposed to have an appointment today to get a blood test done. Checked in through their app, walked in, sat down then swiftly walked out after 45 minutes because my name was never called. A silly way to spend 45 minutes yes?

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

WOO! MONDAY! 

Day 1 of my "weekend"

Hashtag RetailLifeIsShit

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted
updated

Schedule change! After today, I now have TWO days off! Gonna have time to do some fun stuff.

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

Got my Roland MC 707.

The thing is a beast. I have A-LOT to learn.

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

We only ever had one tornado here in southwest MA. It was an F3 I think. Small in general. But our infrastructure was never designed with them in mind. So it tore the shit out of the south half of the city.

Man. The shitshow is crazy today. No one told me it was already Black Friday!

Report Reply

Reply by Charles117

posted
updated

In Des Moines i can only remember about a 2 or so earthquake but it was enough to wake me up as a kiddo. Nothin crazy happened really. Tornadoes were and are quite prevalent. One time me and me pa drove through one and a trampoline got picked up and bounced through the street and a tree hit the car in front of us- pretty spooky. We used to hide in the cellar for hours, sometimes days back when we lived in the country. Less scary than earthquakes tho, those can destroy cities and shite.

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

You must be near the epicenter.

But yeah we're fine. We were like

"Why are the tables vibrating? ... Why are the mannequins swaying?!"

Report Reply

Reply by Presley

posted

Wow!

You good? Yes we’re good.

That was the most intense earthquake we’ve ever had. I thought a truck was going up the street, then our boss started yelling, “Get out of the building” 

It lasted a good 45 seconds. 

A lot of things fell over but no big damages

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

I felt it up here in the stock room

You guys ok down there?

Report Reply

Reply by Presley

posted
updated

EARTHQUAKE!!!!!! 

NY NJ!! That was the largest we’ve ever seen 

That was scary!!

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

Mornin Roze and anyone else here

Got called into the shitshow early. v_v This should be fun.... At least I now get to leave an hour early.

Pres, if you pop in this morning, I saw Lady Liberty took a nice lightning bolt to the torch the other day. That made for a cool pic.

Report Reply

Reply by Roze

posted

good morning peeps

been inactive a while, how's everybody doing?

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

Also tonight was surprisingly good. No real customer issue. No worker issues. No major thefts. I... Honestly do not know how to feel. I'm so used to work pissing me off I don't even know the word for how I feel right now... Possibly, content.

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

I never saw Mean Girls. I've seen many mean girls. But not Mean Girls.

Report Reply

Reply by Becks

posted

It's okay Scara. At least I'm almost done with printing 

Report Reply