« SpaceHey Forum

Will spacehey replace facebook for anyone?

Posted by Ibby Kelly

posted

Forum: SpaceHey

Seriously thinking about making this my main social again? Whos up for getting rid of facebook? Honestly fb js just full of creeps this is so much better xxx 

Report Topic

59 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Forrest Friends

posted

there're definitely folks here that are deleting their fb..

Report Reply

Reply by Cynanne

posted

I am and I'm about to get my friends and family in here as well. I'm so sick of being put in jail for nothing. I don't think they actually look at what is being flagged. Or they lack common sense on what's bullying and what is playing or joking with a friend. 

Yes, I'm still feeling some type of way. 

Report Reply

Reply by Princess Babs

posted

Facebook disabled my account so no trouble with that. I am so much happier being here 

Report Reply

Reply by The Lurrax

posted

For me, i intend for it to. Im 150% tired of the predatory design of facebook's algorithms. I hated being fed stuff designed to make me mad just because i ended up interacting with it more.

It truly is designed, intentionally or otherwise, to bring out the worst in people. At best, it still sucked time out of my day with thoughtless scrolling and reacting.

Right now my fb exists bc i still am stuck w/ messenger. I hope enough of my close friends move that i can just hit them up here or on discord and fully cut ties from FB.

Report Reply

I want to leave fb as its saturated with ads and as much as i love wasting hours looking at memes, its become a soul absorbing app with little personality.

That being said its nice to play around with HTML again lol

Report Reply

Reply by Xx_𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝔂𝓪_xX

posted
updated

Well I haven't had a Facebook for years, and I have a SpaceHey now... so I guess it already did! :P

Report Reply

Reply by Ramm

posted

I feel like the problem with this is that social norms have shifted so much over the last decade that being on Facebook became, at least for some millennials and the "elder statesmen" of Generation Z (1997 represent) using Facebook has become almost mandatory. Want to know what's going on in your local area? Looking for local jobs? Politically active? Then, sadly, you have almost no choice.

I would love for Spacehey to displace Facebook just as Facebook displaced Myspace, but I doubt it's ever going to happen. Spacehey isn't intended to be a massive, broadly appealing social network - it's aimed at a very specific demographic of very cool people and probably only has a small team behind it. And it would arguably lose some of its appeal to that niche if it became mainstream. But Facebook has become the lowest common denominator, and most of its users either aren't aware of Spacehey, aren't aware of how problematic it is from a privacy perspective, or just don't care enough to look for anything else.

I do, however, hope that Spacehey will at least partially displace Instagram and Snapchat, my two least favourite social media platforms that I barely touch and hate using.

Report Reply

Reply by Alexandra//♡Alex♡

posted

i use fb for meme shitposting, less a small community of shitposters make a forum group to look constantly at id imagine fb would be hard to replace. *i dont use fb politically or for family/ friends so that shit don effect me.*

Report Reply

I have started to wean myself away from Facebook. I just hang out 'in the lobby' right now - check notifications and a couple of groups. Otherwise I am not engaging much there. I'm spending more time here. I've gotten a couple of friends to join here but otherwise not much interest unfortunately. That's fine. I am making new friends here! :) :) 

Report Reply

Reply by Ms. LC Webs

posted

Sure hope so. I hate that place.

Report Reply

Reply by Stephanie

posted

Me!! For sure

Report Reply

Reply by FedGod

posted

Absolutely. The revolution is now 

Report Reply

Reply by Jaunty Illusion

posted

Although I do remember MySpace, I don't think I ever had an account there, so I don't know how much I would've loved it. What I can say is that I already have some ideas of how I could use this site. I still have my Facebook right now, but it's honestly pretty boring to me. I used to endlessly scroll through so much, and now I don't even use it longer than half an hour at a time.

Report Reply

Reply by Nostalgia Goddess

posted

Erm, I'm not using SpaceHey as a replacement for FaceBook or any of my Social Media accounts. I only use FaceBook to keep in touch with family and clients, as well as linking it to some iPhone games; I rarely use it for anything else

Report Reply

Reply by Elohimless 🤘🇵🇷

posted

For me personally YES (especially since I deleted my Facebook/ Instagram accounts a month ago) but for the majority of people that's NOT going to be the case. . .Zuckerbergville (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp) is like a f***ing CULT people refuse to leave it even though there are alternative chat/messaging apps like SIGNAL & privacy÷ reasons to do so. 

÷ Data breaches+ & Cambridge Analytica

+In the most recent Facebook data breach (Mark Zuckerberg's own account/phone was also leaked) and it was reveled that Zuckerberg himself uses the Signal App instead of his own invasive companies

Report Reply

Reply by Hankuken

posted

I have a  facebook account since 2009, Now i use rarely use it, on facebook i use only marketplace, i hate facebook, on facebook i'm in a jail... idk why, Anyway i don't delete it, if i have to make a comparison , 2 days ago i created my spacehey account, since that day i not log in on facebook ahahaha

Report Reply

Reply by Tw1stedPixie

posted

Mostly likely cuz I get tired of Facebook and too many people who know me see my posts and I get tired of them "needing" to comment about my life lol

Report Reply

Reply by eddie

posted

absolutely!! i quit fb a long time ago so that wont b an issue 4 me lawz 

Report Reply

Reply by Kitsune Mifune

posted
updated

It depends.

I'm really enjoying Spacehey, but ATM it's a nostalgic novelty which may soon wear off.

Facebook is toxic as hell nowadays, but it used to have some good features which I think would be beneficial here, but it'd have to be as they were and not as they are. I'd also love to see this site remain "Like" free and actually encourage discussion and reply instead of just clicking a thumbs up button.

Over customisation was problem on the old Myspace, so that should be kept an eye on too.

At the moment I think Spacehey is just a little "too" mid-2000s, which is fine as it's attracting old Myspace users like myself, but eventually there will have to be a few tweaks to bring it a little more up to date.

Right now, I'd be happy with a news feed, as it feels weirdly empty without one.

Report Reply

Reply by kai

posted
updated

I'm keeping my fb account for the foreseeable future, until I can find a way to save the memories I like and dump the rest. I don't use it like I used to and I never will again. I need to get more of my friends and family on this site so we can stay in touch that way.

But as far as the big picture goes with SpaceHey, I think it needs to grow and be sustainable. But it needs to remain niche. What made everything on the early internet so special was the fact it was niche. fb can act like a sink to attract the masses while those who want something with more substance can come here. The large, predatory social media places are here for the foreseeable future. But the "out of sight, out of mind" principle applies here.

The user above mentioned a user feed. This site has an option for blog subscriptions. So there is a feed, we just have to add our contributions to it. :)

Report Reply

Reply by J4YC33

posted

I have to keep Facebook, at least for the time being... unless I want 1200 USD in bricks (I have Oculus headsets).

But having something is different from using it (is different from intentionally confusing it). I'd think this could replace social media if people remember, or experience for the first time even!, what life is like beyond the Feedtm

Report Reply

Reply by Weissdorn

posted

I am afraid that as long as Zuckerberg is willing to make enough concessions to people who has the ability to cut his pursestrings, he will survive.

Still, it's reaching a tipping point. More and more the flood of indiscriminate advertising is taking its toll. Users have discovered that their complaints about scam advertisements are falling on deaf ears at Facebook. Even worse is the new flood of scam spam comments in group comments, which are forcing group administrators and moderators to mico-manage content. It's almost a slap in the face that administrators get notices of new members posting sex service links, and Facebook warning the group administrators that they may face group deletion if it happens again.   who wants to police 200-2,000 comments a day?

Report Reply

Reply by John

posted
updated

tbh, I'm ridiculously interested in seeing what info can be gleaned from user behaviors on here.

We saw what happened with Facebook, and now that we have a living replica of OG Myspace.

It's like we've gotten a temporal do-over back to late 2006 and now we can go 'okay, how do we make sure that that *gestures broadly to the present* doesn't happen?'

(Also, I'm lowkey imagining that Zuckerberg is like, dramatically leaning against an office window somewhere right now. Breathing heavy, clutching his chest, he's glitching out because Myspace has somehow returned from the past: the one thing that can thwart his plans for dominating the Metaverse!)

Report Reply

Reply by Parris

posted

Keeping FB for posting pics of my kids.

Spacehey is for resurrecting early 2000s me and Positive vibes. Hoping we can all keep this place full of positivity.

Report Reply

Reply by Melrose

posted

It might for me. I found FB to be very negative in the point of protecting our youth's mental health and very negatively influenced people in a lot of different ways. I'm going to give it a few months and see how this pans out, if this actually does take off on a serious level, count me in for deleting my facebook.

Report Reply

Reply by Kristie

posted

I deleted my Facebook and I don’t miss it. Facebook is nothing but garbage anymore. You can’t even joke around on Facebook,without being put into Facebook jail. All my friends are still on it. They always have excuses on why they can’t delete it,but love to bitch about Facebook 🤦‍♀️ I don’t have friends on here,but I’m sticking it out. I know eventually,I will meet good people here and build friendships. 

Report Reply

Reply by Crematia18

posted

Heavily considering it, if I can convince my friends and family to shift. I think the technical aspects (html, customization) will be a hurdle for my older friends and family though. Thus far, no one has tried it, and my profile has one new friend lol. I like it here though, I missed MySpace!

Cheers 🍻 

Report Reply

Reply by R4PT0R

posted

I really like spacehey but it is still missing some stuff, atm i i dont think it could displace FB but i would be so happy if it could!!!! Facebook was fun in its early days when you were able to play games and stuff, the only thing that keep me on FB are the meme and hobby groups (you know, facebook ba inventing fb groups killed the forums of niche hobbies too)

If spacehey can give us games here like what were present on early facebook and the active community grows, i will def delete or disable my fb account. What i like aobout this place is the fact you can totally customize your profile, but more functions should be added. 
What i would def like to see:

-GAMES so people would have to return for something (see farmville, fishville happy aquarium which were present on early fb)

-video or voice chat

-more refined groups (possibly)

-group chats (?)

this page could be superior to fb in my opinion with some cool features added

Report Reply

Reply by Erok Beifong 🤘🏾

posted

Yes, yes indeed

Report Reply

Reply by SilvaBabyyy

posted

Already doing that, facebook is too sensitive and the bans are becoming ridiculous. Myspace was always better, we just took it for granted so we gotta treat spacehey like it's gold lol

Report Reply

Reply by Mr. Vain

posted

Facebook used to a great replacement for Myspace but that is gone. They want to control a Matrix (Meta) for us and no on wants the bans or jail or censorship. I also did not like the stalker friendly algorithms they had.

I hope SpaceHey can bring back Tom's great idea of a friendly social media atmosphere that is lacking on FB and Twitter.

Report Reply

Reply by .keaton.

posted

Currently, it’s my only social media. I either deleted the apps or the accounts altogether (for the ones I couldn’t find a delete account function for). 

My stress level has plummeted to near zero once I didn’t have so many notifications to cause the dopamine-to-disappointment pipeline of it just being someone’s tweet.

Report Reply

Reply by Nik 11

posted

I´m tired of Facebook seriously, in this vacations I think that I´m going to left Fb  

Report Reply

Reply by 阳初

posted

Im not on FaceBook and never want to . 

Its just too much how they selling your data . 
Not to mention that bad attitude and behaviour
so many people on Fb use . 
Thats not for me . 
 Mylinks tunepak

Report Reply

Reply by Nostalgic_.Teresaaaa._

posted

it already has for me. lmao.

Report Reply

Reply by Crowe

posted

Definitely using this over facebook and instagram, and tiktok, though I do use whatsapp and discord for anyone I know irl or just discord for ppl on here who want to talk somewhere else, I think this'll definitely be very cozy for me though, can't wait to hear more music from people here!!

Report Reply

Reply by juliet's nurse

posted

I deleted pretty much all my past from Facebook in the summer, mostly because I don't trust them with all my crazy ramblings. FB is a cesspool of advertising and not much else and now I no longer post anything, because why bother!

SpaceHey is already my go too site. I can customise my little corner, it's unbelievably untarnished with algorithm crazy and it just rocks!
Someone said in a comment up thread, that we now essentially have a do-over. We kinda know what went wrong with OG Myspace and FB, let's not make those mistakes again.

Report Reply

Reply by Jason Anderson

posted
updated

I Deleted my Facebook accounts 2 years ago. I wish I had done it years ago!

I use SpaceHey , Flote.App and Sometimes I use myspace 

Report Reply

Reply by Brandy

posted

I had same share of creeps on here too besides just Facebook. You get anthem everywhere.

Report Reply

Reply by Ryn

posted

Personally, I believe FB is a big fucking joke. Same with almost every other social platform. So much extra dramatic shit there for no reason.

Report Reply

Reply by not_lain

posted

god i really wanna remove my fb account so bad if it wasnt for friends and family

i dont really want to be in facebook ever since it was introduced back in highschool
i really hate how corpo it looked and the functionalities are just so damn creepy/stalkerish
i despise it to the point i feel like im having a panic attack every time i see the website like legit

i really really wanna leave the site permanently
i feel stalked just by existing there

Report Reply

Reply by Xx_max_barf_bucket_xX

posted

yes absolutely 

Report Reply

Reply by GTK

posted

Dunno about Facebook, but I'm here as I'm considering ditching Twitter. Screw that hellsite

Report Reply

Reply by Julian Starkill

posted

i never really used facebook ive tried 2 but its so AWKWARD 2 use idk i prefer this website 

Report Reply

Reply by DeryckEleven

posted

Not for me, but that's because I mostly use Facebook for keeping in touch with people I know IRL. I found Spacehey when Twitter became extra awful. It doesn't provide the same type of experience, but I do enjoy it and am glad I found it.

Report Reply

Reply by Vicky

posted

I'd love to but I'd need to keep Facebook for no other reason than because my relatives are there.

I could see this being the place where I'd be active, but without advanced search it's really hard to connect with people here that I don't already know. If I hit browse I see a lot of blank profiles and a bunch of 14 year olds (which there's nothing wrong with 14 year olds but I'm in my 30's). Hopefully they add that because it's a big drawback to not have it.

Report Reply

Reply by m0nst3rduck

posted

I know I certainly won't be very active on my fb anymore

Report Reply

Reply by Cervidae

posted

if spachey ever gets image, video and audio hosting, i will leave fb in a heartbeat

Report Reply

Reply by nabil elrhali

posted

As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, SpaceHey was gaining attention as a nostalgic social media platform reminiscent of early versions of MySpace. However, predicting whether SpaceHey will replace Facebook for anyone is challenging. Facebook is a massive, well-established platform with a diverse user base, extensive features, and global reach.

Whether SpaceHey or any other platform replaces Facebook for someone depends on individual preferences, needs, and the broader trends in social media. Users may be drawn to platforms offering unique features, enhanced privacy, or a specific community atmosphere. However, Facebook's dominance and widespread usage make it challenging for new platforms to entirely replace it on a large scale.

For the most current information, it's recommended to check recent news and trends in social media as my information is based on the state of things up until January 2022.

I honestly love spacehey I learned about it the day before yesterday and I was still on MySpace then, but I'm finally dumping MySpace. recently I have used Facebook SMM panel service but they have not been valuable to me.

Report Reply

Reply by nabil elrhali

posted

As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, SpaceHey was gaining attention as a nostalgic social media platform reminiscent of early versions of MySpace. However, predicting whether SpaceHey will replace Facebook for anyone is challenging. Facebook is a massive, well-established platform with a diverse user base, extensive features, and global reach.

Whether SpaceHey or any other platform replaces Facebook for someone depends on individual preferences, needs, and the broader trends in social media. Users may be drawn to platforms offering unique features, enhanced privacy, or a specific community atmosphere. However, Facebook's dominance and widespread usage make it challenging for new platforms to entirely replace it on a large scale.

For the most current information, it's recommended to check recent news and trends in social media as my information is based on the state of things up until January 2022.

I honestly love spacehey I learned about it the day before yesterday and I was still on MySpace then, but I'm finally dumping MySpace. recently I have used Facebook SMM panel service but they have not been valuable to me.

Report Reply