« Food and Restaurants Forum

Pizza and Pasta

I saw a post about Coffee and Tea and I couldn't just make a forum about Energy Drinks.

So I wanted to start one about Pizza and Pasta like the Pop Punk guy I am. Its everyday for me.

Post Your Favorite Pie's and Pasta 

Report Topic

92 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Set the Lights

posted

Am simple man. I see pizza, I stuff my face 

Report Reply

Reply by Cory🥀

posted

I couldn’t agree more

Report Reply

Reply by Ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢ Ⓟⓐⓡⓛⓐⓜⓐⓢ

posted

I like pineapple on pizza. :o

Report Reply

Reply by Cory🥀

posted

Its not bad at all! but not my go to!

Report Reply

Reply by Paul

posted

I'll eat pizza with pretty much any topping except anchovies ('cause I'm allergic to fish) but if I had to choose, I'd go for pepperoni and mushrooms.

Also, three questions for anybody out there. Have you ever had anchovies on pizza? What was it like? And do you enjoy dipping pizza in ranch?

Pizza and ranch go well in my opinion. I don't do it every time I have a slice but it's a good way to mix things up.

Report Reply

Reply by Smxth

posted

Red onions 

Green peppers 
Garlic 
Mushrooms 
White onions 
Tomatoes 

Yummy for my tummy. 

Report Reply

Reply by Lolly

posted

I'm sorry - I'm the hawaiian pizza person. I love it.

I also love the bbq chicken pizza at CPK.

As for pasta, I like vodka sauce :)

Report Reply

Reply by Bunny

posted

pizza very yummy! thin and cripsy or italian style for me

Report Reply

Reply by Britt paget

posted

I'm basic when it comes to pizza as last year I took the plunge and decided to become a vegetarian so I get a cheese pizza with mushrooms and sweetcorn and quorn chicken if they have it. As for pasta I'll eat any kind as long as its vegetarian 

Report Reply

Reply by Coley Gilmore

posted

Yes! Pasta! But.. I also like tacos 

Report Reply

Reply by 𝕽𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖊

posted

Pizza make me STRONG

Report Reply

Reply by xdoomsayerx

posted

Pepperoni and jalapenos.. Bomb!

Report Reply

Reply by Tracy

posted

For the Hawaiian peeps out there, change the red pizza sauce to sweet chili thai sauce. Its amazing. and if you are really adventurous make it a stuffed pizza that way.

Report Reply

Reply by Tracy

posted

For pasta, I am going to have to go with pasta nachos: fried lasagne noodles, meat sauce, melted mozzarella and drizzle of alfredo sauce and then something pickled, like banana peppers or green olives. They are so good

Report Reply

Reply by Hazy

posted

had pizzza for dinner! 

heck yes.

Report Reply

I love this easy pasta recipe I make for myself all the time lol I get the chickpea spaghetti (Banza brand you can get at target), it’s got lots of protein so that’s super easy, and then I just cook that and add some pesto and nutritional yeast on top. Boom. Dinner done and that’s literally 3 ingredients lol. 

Report Reply

Reply by Dr Zoidberg

posted

Give me the anchovy

I must have them!

Report Reply

Reply by Jenny

posted

My favorite pizza is BLT's and my fiancé he loves his pineapple and Canadian bacon pizza! I make some good chicken alfredo in my instant pot. 

Report Reply

Reply by ClearlyKail

posted

Pineapple, green peppers, and bacon is my go-to. Unless I’m at Portland Pie, then I’m getting whatever their special is 90% of the time

Report Reply

Reply by Cat

posted

Peppers & Onions

Report Reply

Reply by electroslag

posted

I looooove a veggie pizza with broccoli but not a lot of places have broccoli as a topping T____T give me 🥦🥦🥦!!!

Report Reply

Reply by Momoko La Meowww

posted

Vegetarian and Neapolitan Pizza are my faves!

As for pasta, I love all kinds of pasta and all kinds of sauces except Puttanesca.

Report Reply

Reply by Cory🥀

posted

I've been afk for a while and this really popped off

Report Reply

Reply by ALICJA

posted

I’ll be eating extra cheesey pizza tonight

Report Reply

Reply by Chris

posted

Hungry Howie's has an asian style pizza that I recently tried (I added pineapple to it) Pretty tasty!

Report Reply

Reply by reberichie

posted

if you come to Italy, I’ll offer you an excellent pizza🦋

Report Reply

Reply by Mary

posted
updated

I'm Italian so of course it's a staple! :D I love it all; vegetarian style. 

Pizza- Lots of mushrooms, bell pepper, pineapple, zucchini, olives.

Pasta: I love fettuccine, spaghetti, lasagna, anything really! 

Report Reply

Reply by saporiacasa.it

posted

Pomodoro mozzarella
Basilico e amore!!!
Pizza perfetta

Report Reply

Reply by Amoni Warren

posted

I like mushrooms and Spinach on my pizza 

Report Reply

Reply by Tayla Gaffney Blake

posted

Mushroom Duxelle on base

Sautéed Mushrooms
Talegio cheese
and white truffle oil

Report Reply

Reply by NotAlexa

posted

chicago style pizza = delicioso

Report Reply

Reply by Brandon

posted

Love both pizza and pasta. They are essential to me for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Report Reply

Reply by JD_Jakie

posted

Posted this in two other threads but since I took the time to write it down I'll also post this recipe here:

Pasta e ceci (Pasta with chickpeas)

I'll save you the dreaded food blogger life story, but just to know the preparation of this dish is similar to making risotto, but with small pasta instead of rice. For me, the most important and unique elements are the chickpeas, pecorino cheese, and the rosemary.

Ingredients:
-desired amount of small pasta (ex. orzo, ditalini, large pastina if available, otherwise macaroni if nothing else is available)
-can of chickpeas (or dry chickpeas which have been sufficiently soaked)
-1 onion or shallot
-1 small red chili pepper
-package of passata di pomodoro (plain tomato puree/sauce)
-sprig of fresh rosemary
-white wine 
-small block of pecorino romano or parmesan cheese (optional if you want a vegan version)
-large pot of vegetable stock
-olive oil

Directions:
1. Prepare ingredients- chop onion into fine pieces, chop small pieces of the chili pepper, rinse off canned chickpeas, cut about 10 thin slices of pecorino/parmesan

2. Set water for vegetable stock to boil (you may want to add more salt to it)

3. Make a soffrito- saute onion and pepper on medium/medium low heat in a deep pan in olive oil. When it starts to simmer, add the desired amount of wine and let it evaporate

4. Add in the chickpeas before wine is completely evaporated, let them soften and crush them with wooden spoon or ladle

5. Add a generous amount of tomato puree, desired amount of rosemary leaves ripped from the stem, slices of cheese and stir

6. When the vegetable stock water is boiling, add dry pasta into the sauce, mix it into the soffrito and start ladling in vegetable stock until pasta is covered,  keep adding stock so that it does not evaporate, until pasta is al dente or your desired consistency. Note: Some prefer this dish to be like soup, others want it to be less watery. I go for something in between. 

7. Turn off the heat and let it sit for about 5 mins 

8. Serve with extra pecorino

Report Reply

Reply by 𝐿𝒾𝓋𝒾𝑒❁

posted

Possibly controversial but I loveeeeee mushrooms and will get a whole pizza just covered in mushrooms and no other toppings.

Report Reply

Reply by rebecca ☀☼

posted

i worked in a pizza joint and eventually managed it for a couple of years. all i can tell you is that feta, fresh mozz, and shaved parm are fantastic and enthusiastic "yes"s on my pizza, but blue cheese is a sin damning us all to hell.
my supreme toppings include:
jalepenos,
taco/southwest seasoning
spinach underneath the cheese
jerk chicken
meatballs

red sauce, buffalo, or garlic olive oil sauce bases are my shit.

for pasta, anything. i love pasta. so much pasta.

Report Reply

Reply by inactive

posted

Pretty simple with pizza, never go wrong with pepperoni, but I do occasionally enjoy spinach and cheese. :D Fettuccine pasta is my fav but I’ll eat any really. :D 

Report Reply

Reply by inactive

posted

Pretty simple with pizza, never go wrong with pepperoni, but I do occasionally enjoy spinach and cheese. :D Fettuccine pasta is my fav but I’ll eat any really. :D 

Report Reply

Reply by Jenga ★ミ

posted

favorite pizza always always has black olives. i adore black olives
other than that alfredo fettuccine is one of my favorite meals ever. something about penne hits different though, like way more than any other pasta. I think the tube part adds flavor
I tried this creamy tomato pasta a few months ago with cream cheese in it and I scarfed down that entire container I made... about to order groceries and get the ingredients to make it again

Report Reply

Reply by KilValenLord

posted

Favorite Pasta would be Shrimp Alfredo :) I always add extra garlic and paprika to mine though

Report Reply

Reply by KilValenLord

posted

I remember one of my mom's partners inventing a Pizza Spaghetti once on accident. And it became one of my favorite dinners/lunches to have ever! 

It'd start off kinda like regular Spaghetti, but it's made with pizza sauce instead, then add a bunch of extra Cheese, and pepperoni and boom! Done. Some awesome Pizza Spaghetti. 

Report Reply

Reply by Ben

posted

Not getting into pasta because that's just too complicated a category.

But for pizza? Here's two of my favorites.

Hand-tossed crust, the usual sauce, mozzarella, Canadian bacon, chunks of pineapple, sliced jalapeno peppers, and a liberal swirl of Frank's hot sauce (or similar).

also...

Thin crust, white sauce, lion's mane mushrooms, roasted garlic, arugula, and sun-dried tomatoes.

Report Reply

Reply by Honey Peach

posted

I love

Pepperoni 
Banana jalapeño peppers

On my pizza. It’s the best

Report Reply

Reply by Ari

posted

jalepenos on pizza are a must for me. 

Report Reply

Reply by Samsen

posted

Pop punk and pizza is always a good combo. 
I was born and raised by Chicago so I love my weird deep dish pizzas. Also a fan of pan pizzas with green peppers, mushrooms, and onions, but a normal pepperoni pizza is cool too. 

Report Reply

Reply by Kat

posted

I always go for chicken bacon ranch when available, it's my all time favorite topping combo.

A good friend of mine once said that i like eating "sandwich pizzas", the notion of which gave me a hearty chuckle.

Report Reply

Reply by ✭ star laveaux ✭

posted

plain cheese pizza

penne pasta with alfredo and shrimp!

Report Reply

Reply by Badgalwhit

posted

Pepperoni pizzaaaa

Report Reply

Reply by eva_bae

posted

have anyone ever heard of like kebab pizza, or like salad pizza? where its like salad, this dressing thingy, tomato, cheese and kebab meat.. 

or is that just a thing where im from..

Report Reply

Reply by Shortie

posted

This is an easy one for me for both pizza and pasta.

Pasta - I love my home made bacon pasta which is a pasta sauce with garlic, onion and herbs with smoked bacon lardons added in. The flavour is just amazing! 

Pizza - I would have to say seafood pizza. I have a pizzeria near me which does the seafood pizza and it's tuna, prawns, onions and peppers and all that together along with the cheese and tomato is just to die for. 

Report Reply

Reply by Strumm

posted

I rarely if ever eat pizza, but I get a plain cheese if I do. Being in NY gives a lotta options for this and all taste great if you go to the right ones!

Report Reply