« Fashion, Style, Shopping Forum

Tips for black scene/emo guys?

Title pretty much explains it all. This is mostly referring to hairstyles and such, I don't think I can ever get my hair straight enough. If it helps, I have medium-length curly hair. 

If you know how to look more masculine while dressing scene, please give tips as well. I don't want to be perceived as feminine any longer than I have... x/

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Jinnicide

posted

Scene dudes were never really all that masculine, that was kind of part of the whole thing. Unless you're into hardcore/screamo...but still even then.

Report Reply

Reply by ✮PitterAarav✮

posted
updated

Ah, that makes sense considering the origins. I should've clarified whether there were ways to look less "girly." When I dress scene or emo, I look like a woman (bleh...). I'm more than okay with being flamboyant, however. Androgynous? Yes. Feminine? Nah.

Report Reply

Reply by Uneuclid

posted

listen to the music, dress the part if you want, get those sick bangs, and youre set

Report Reply

Reply by ☆−_^MO^_−☆

posted
updated

Ive seen ppl get locs/microlocs to replace a few alt hairstyles and it works quite well!

However thats a commitment so maybe you could try minitwists and see how you like it hair wise! 

Also with twists you can use ur shrinkage to ur advantage and make certain parts longer by eiyher weighting it down or drying it w a hairdryer while stretching it ive done it before when my hair was shorter!:)

Clothes wise i think the mens&womens fashions pretty much completely overlap srry lol

Report Reply