updated

Forum: discover new music ♥ Group

Tryin to get into punk musix. Would like sum recommendations. Thx 

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Mack

posted
updated

Fortunately, punk can be found all over the place!

A couple of my favorite American hardcore punk groups would be Turnstile and Drain, the former's "Can't Get Away" is a favorite as is the latter's "Feel the Pressure"

If we take a look East, there we can find Suck, a punk band from Germany! Don't worry, their lyrics are in English. A favorite song by them would be "Gimme Your Number"

A little further east and we find a Soviet Post-Punk classic! Кино, or Kino, were an outspoken band in the Soviet union, singng about the horrors of war and the need for peace, as well as openly criticizing the government. Some speculate the incredibly popular lead singer and songwriter Viktor Tsoi was killed by the government for his counter-cultural ways, as his music became that of revolution during the fall of the Soviet Bloc during the end of the Cold War. Keep in mind, the lyrics to this band's songs are in Russian, so you may want to look up the lyrics of one of my favorite anti-war songs from the group, "Группа крови", pronounced (and typed) Gruppa Krovi in English, which means "Blood Type."

Finally, heading south, we hear the riveting lyrics and style of an Australian Punk band called CIVIC. I'm not super well educated on their beginnings or their music, I just know they ROCK! My favorite song from them is "Taken by Force," the title track to their most recent album.

Hope this helped!

Report Reply