« Back to the Die hard romantics?! Forum

Desperate for Love, but Not Wanting to Seek It, Sick of Hookup Culture.

I really want to fall in love, but it is so hard. A lot of the time, people will come up to me and ask me out, but it feels so inauthentic, I want real, true, love, I want that bliss of accidental love where you fall in love with your best friend when you had no intentions to. I want that so desperately, I don't ever want to seek out a partner, on like a dating app, or in real life, I just want to be in love, real love. I hate fake love so much, like, just asking me out because I'm pretty or whatever. It takes me so long to develop feelings for someone, I never understood falling in love in a matter of weeks or even months, because of how long it usually takes me. 

I want more than anything to have a partner, I want to someone to hold, to spontaneously call, to kiss, and send sweet messages to. I know that I don't need to have a partner to feel fulfilled in life, or to carry on with life, but it would be really nice, and I really feel that it would help me get out of this slump. I don't want to just be with someone because I am desperate for love, I wanna be with someone because I found myself falling for them. 

I just feel like I'm always the one who is playing matchmaker, and helping my friends get with other people, but it's never like that for me. I have been in a handful of relationships, and have tried a lot of things, but nothing ever seems to last. I know that logically, it just takes time, but I have just been a bit tired of it lately. 

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by CandyPrincess!1Love

posted
updated

OMG i did fall in love with an old friend. nut what i figured out was it was just the love and closeness and how we just connected. what you want is exactly what i want as well. but i call it friends with benefits. its in my about me bio. but i agree i just want to have those relationship things. but the closeness like friends i just wanna give all my love and romance to someone. so i know exactly how you feel. ive always been the one to give my friends some cute heartfelt gift and date ideas always helping them with there relationship. but never them for me when i did have one. but its been half a year and a full year. that i have been single and it would be nice to have a situation with two people who put equally there all into a lovely amazing relationship the romance the heartfelt gifts. and dates and just to spend queit time with them. or to sit quiet on face time. and enjoy there company the heartfelt amazing bliss. but what i have learned is if one is putting everything and the other isnt trying it wont work at all. bc that shows they do NOT GIVE A DAMN about the relationship. and yes the sweet messages omg. i am one who if i was up late or up early or just bc. id send at least 5 paragraphs max expressing my love and affection and how much i love that person. and i want to give it to someone who will give it back so so bad. I just want to be romantic to someone so so bad. giving them the world that i can give them. hence why i say friends with benefits because you get both of what you want. and unlike some people in relationships. the friend would be honest 100% and if not. thats not a leight friend. i know exactly how you feel with your whole comment. i would love love love. to be here for you 100% i have alot of love to give away. and honestly i love like a puppy bc whenever i saw someone i loved down right bad when they would reach out my heart would feel like a happy puppy. tail wagging and all. and i just want someone to feel that way for me.i understand everything your saying

Report Reply