« Back to the ☆South Park Fanclub♡ Forum

how did you find out about south park?

well, you can judge me but I met him when sp was in the hype on tiktok, i think it was in march, but since then, i've become a huge fan of this cartoon! south park became my biggest hyperfocation and i love sp sooo much!!!

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by xXkf100Xx

posted

my father was into it when his friends would mail him homemade videotapes of tv recordings of the first few episodes of south park from the united states between august and november of 1997. keep in mind, this was months before south park aired in canada, but dvds did exist, but they were expensive as fuck cuz they werent mainstream until around 2001. also, youtube (or any kind of social media site and smartphones) didnt exist back then either.

sadly, me and him dont have the tapes since it has been almost 15 years since he has last seen them and im sure that if i had them, they wouldve been in terrible condition and the vcr probably would eat the tape as well.

Report Reply

Reply by mr. petuski

posted

i discovered it in 2006 when season 10 was airing, and spent my whole spring break that year binging through the whole series on a disreputable website where the videos were all 240p at best, and not always synced up right with the audio.

Report Reply

Reply by Sykokitty ☆˚✧

posted

my dad loll, ah i remember when he watched it i though kenny was a girl with brown hair

Report Reply

Reply by mary

posted

I watched a gameplay of south park the stick of truth... as a very young kid. I couldn't sleep after that bc i thought aliens would come for my ass 

Report Reply

Reply by Goblin

posted

i grew up around it tbh, but the first time i was aware i was watching south park was with my grandpa when he was watching 'you have 0 friends' 

Report Reply