« Back to the Profictioners Forum

Found a "blacklist"/"call out" on us today.

I found out today that such a thing as a "proshipper database" exists on SpaceHey; a post citing different proshippers on the site, claiming to be there purely for "curating your space" and yet encouraging users to report the groups we make. Last I check, curating spaces includes blocking, not getting people banned regardless of if they follow terms of service.

What I found peculiar was that— SpaceHey is meant to emulate the state of early social medias, where algorithms don't exist. If the post was truly to curate spaces— and not to just drive me and you off of places— then couldn't they just...not search us up? This isn't Twitter, you can't just stumble across this group or forum unless you actively look for it, so the post seemed redundant and frankly just a cover up for having people attack us (because when have antis ever had a history of following the words "do not harass" lol)

I didn't mind that my profile was directly linked, but if it bothers you— searching the word proshipper database up should give you the post. You can report or request it be taken down for your safety and the above reasons there. You can also discuss why you find it sort of unusual here.

Report Topic

10 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by YI SANG

posted
updated

It should be noted though that I did find the post on the first page in the blog section— which gets ordered by the most liked post within a specific timeframe afaik. So theoretically, if someone made a proship profile post, and had it reach 140 likes, it would be possible to find it without searching it up. This, however, does not really explain how they found the three proship groups I know of (all of which are relatively small in size) nor does it explain how they found some of the users, whom's posts have never "blown up".

Report Reply

Reply by silver!! 🌈🚢

posted

this is absolutely wild ESPECIALLY the direct links to report some users. people need to mind their own buisness seriously

Report Reply

Reply by YI SANG

posted

I agree, the direct links is what really miffed me. It was so...unnecessary. Skull emoji.

Report Reply

Reply by Nowuh :3

posted

i am pretty surprised i haven't ended up on one of these yet considering somebody found my website through my spacehey and tried calling me out on there...

i got a lot of really hateful messages yesterday and my blog about joining this group apparently made it to the "top blogs" page. i think one of my alters deleted it cus it just disappeared, plus i did find chat logs of a friend convincing an alter of mine to delete it because of the hate.

being called a pedophile over things like this genuinely fucking hurt when all i am is anti-harassment. don't engage, block (and report if necessary), live and let live. that one comment on the blog that said "you're probably a 30 year old fortnite player who simps over big booty women" was really funny tho.

or would have been if they didn't say i should have been aborted. ^_^"

Report Reply

Reply by YI SANG

posted

Hm, maybe it's because I basically never talk about being into darkfic and just say "yeah I'm anti harassment", but I never got that kind of reaction before. It's vile what people will water down real life issues into, and I'm sorry you had to put up with the harassment. 

To be honest, I think the modern moral panic and virtue signalling getting on SpaceHey of all places is incredibly bizarre, but as another user said, antis love to target spaces where algorithms don't even exist...for whatever reason...? Like, you can curate better than ever in these kinds of site.

Report Reply

Reply by lilith

posted

haha i actually found this group through that blog post. i love using proship blocklists as follow lists lol

Report Reply

Reply by luluby

posted

i wish  people could just block people they dont like ! :(  when i first saw it i felt so horrible for the fact that everyone there was put upfront negatively about what they like  !!  its so mean !  im glad more members are coming in , though ! 

Report Reply

Reply by cutesweetnerd8

posted

yeh i got put in there once 2, i told da creator in their dmz if they wanted to block uz it was fine but it waznt ok to tell ppl to try and get uz banned.... i found a bunch of stuff like "proshipperz who dont state they proship in their account" blogs 2, and i was in liek 2 of thoze. I remember seeing somwehere on spacehey that if u change ur uzer id teh link doeznt work anymore, so da solution i found wuz changing my uzer id everytime i found one of thoze with my user id.

i miss my wolfstampedsockz id :c

Report Reply

Reply by rantatter

posted

yeah spacehey was meant to emulate that feeling but a lot of people who found out spacehey came from other social medias where sadly they spam report people they don't like, the culture was different over there and they have brought it here. it's saddening.

Report Reply

Reply by kane !!

posted

people r really just spam reporting everyone they don't like on here huh

Report Reply