« SpaceHey Forum

Should I buy SpaceHey merch because it might be rare in the future?

Posted by Sent To Destroy

posted

Forum: SpaceHey

Here's something I thought of randomly; what if I were to buy SpaceHey merch because it might be hard to find in the future?

My thought process behind this is that I've seen other pieces of internet-related memorabilia become hard to find on sites like ebay and hard to even find pictures of. Let me give a example. Years ago, there was a video-sharing platform called VidMe (not to be confused with the similarly named VidLii, which is something completly different,) and towards the end of that site's life, they started selling VidMe merch. I wanted to buy some back in the day, but never did. Since then, I've never seen this stuff go for sale on ebay, I can barely find any pictures of them, and I was just barely able to find the URL where they were sold on the WayBack Machine.

Now, keep in mind, I don't want to sell these items at extreme prices when they become hard to find. Rather, what I have in mind is to take pictures of these items, so, at very least, those would be viewable, upload the pictures somewhere, and sell the items themselves for, like, 20 bucks or under each, so people who really like SpaceHey can get them at a good price.

I'm making this thread because I want to hear other people's opinions on this. Is this a good or bad idea? Let me know.

Report Topic

0 Replies