« Quiz/Survey Forum

opinions on selfcest

Posted by remy69

posted

Forum: Quiz/Survey

what r yalls opinions on self shipping? (selfcest oc x cannon ect)

ive seen a LOT of diffrent opinons on it lolz and i wanna know what others think ^^ 

(personaly im ok with it as long as it isnt like,,, minor x adult them obvi)

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by lavender

posted

I've seen two different definitions of selfcest, one is self shipping (self insert x canon), and the other is shipping a character with themselves or another version of themselves.

Obviously these are a bit strange but harmless, its just fandom stuff.

What I really don't like is the word selfcest itself, it just sounds too much like the word incest to be comfortable.

Report Reply

Reply by Neco-Arc Chaos

posted

In the labyrinth of desires, selfcest may be a paradoxical exploration. Chaos neither condemns nor endorses, acknowledging the complexity of personal preferences. Explore with consent and self-awareness.

Report Reply

Reply by Sent To Destroy

posted

To quote Chad Warden, "that shit is mad gay." Like, to dedicate any amount of time to fan art or fan-fiction or whatever to shipping yourself with a fictional character, is a odd and questionable thing to do. And I've also heard of a number of people who shipped themselves with a fictional character to the point that they did some bat-shit insane things because they wanted to be with that character so freaking bad. Just look at Randy Stair... or don't, if you don't know who he is, because the less you know, the better.

Report Reply

Reply by Gluma

posted

Like what the first reply said, my first thought was character x same character lol

For OC x canon, it’s totally harmless. I mean, I’ve never actually done it nor have I talked to a shipper who does it but I take it as a way to announce to the world that you just really, REALLY like that character lololol and honestly? I totally get it. Another reply mentioned that people can get obsessive with it, which is obviously bad, but I don’t necessarily see that as the concept’s fault; people are gonna get obsessed with things, shipping or not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ as for shipping the same character, I just genuinely find that so hilarious LMAO once again, not harmless! But...why? I’ve only ever seen this sort of ship in a sexual context so I’m just gonna assume that it’s an excuse just to draw the same character twice but please alert me if anyone genuinely ships the same character together because I need to understand the reasoning to that hahaha

I was into Undertale back when it was at its peak popularity and I feel really bad for the amount of hate that Sans fangirls got just because they drew art of themselves with a fictional skeleton. “Cringe” was such a popular word in the 2016 digital art community :/ They were having fun, why rain on their parade?

Report Reply

Reply by Coldandghostly

posted

Not inherently bad but squicks me out.

My general opinion on any controversial fictional ship is I don't care what you do just do it away from me thanks, and that's what the block buttons for so ╮( ̄▽ ̄"")╭ 

Report Reply