« Music Forum

Looking for goth music suggestions!

Posted by Cynder

posted

Forum: Music

I'm looking for goth music suggestions! Bands like The Naked and The Dead, The Plague, Bauhaus and 45 Grave are all welcome! Deathrock, gothic rock, post-punk, horror punk, idc. As long as it's good I'm good 👍 

Band suggestions, song suggestions and album suggestions are all good!

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by adam

posted

more on the punk side of gothic music, but the misfits and the cramps are super good! and for more generally goth music, specimen and red lorry, yellow lorry are also great.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by sister2sleep

posted

specimen (deathrock, kinda glam too?(, xmal deautschland (post punk german group) and skinny puppy (industrial) all come to mind!!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by wednesdaytoo

posted

let's see.. the killed by deathrock compilations are a great place to start! both volumes can be found on spotify and bandcamp :)

a few random bands that come to mind:

• mephisto walz - covers a range of goth sub(sub?)genres, from ethereal to deathrock
  • paralisis permanente - amazing spanish punk/goth band
  • †13th Moon† - energetic japanese deathrock. only 1 song on spotify - check them out on bandcamp!
  • christ vs warhol - modern deathrock w/ female vocals
  • bat nouveau - short lived but great modern goth rock/deathrock band
  • virgin prunes - a fav. i recommend the album "if i die, i die" manic, gothic post punk. baby turns blue is one of the songs of all time
  • corpus delicti - french 90s goth rock/post punk
  • sisters of mercy - classic goth rock! see also: the mission
  • ritual howls - one of my favorite current-day bands. ghostly, dirge-like post punk

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Jinnicide

posted

Rasputina, Nick Cave, The Swans, Diamanda Galas

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Mattia ☭

posted

the cramps are great. so are lebanon hanover, london after midnight and like u mentioned, bauhaus 

Permalink Report Reply