« Fashion, Style, Shopping Forum

Favorite Makeup, brushes, magnetice eyeliner brands

Just started playing around with makeup what's your favorite brands? Any tips?

Report Topic

30 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Megansky777

posted

Holy crap, I had no idea! thank you, for taking the time out to inform me. I'd love to chat more about it. Who knew makeup could bring out the confidence in a woman even further brighten their day. Yeah I've had issues with mascara I would have an allergic reaction and BOOM .. no lashes

Report Reply

Reply by Xoxo_bimbowhore1678

posted

Oml as controversial as this sounds Jeffree star but is this really “MySpace” if we don’t talk about him? His brushes ugh I am a sucker for that pink aesthetic brush it fills my pink Barbie soul the Jeffree star x morphe pallet is to dieeee for wish there were more colors tho maybe I should order some new pallets soon when I am not saving it all up gotta get that bag sis periodt <3

Report Reply

Reply by Megansky777

posted

Yes I agree! Love Jeff couldn't live without him. Yall I found some neat makeup tricks yall might know this sooner than I did but, I could never figure out how to find the right shade of foundation for my face but the trick is you try it on your chest first if you're going to expose it the most. And contour your neck to balance out the foundation. Have yall tried the eyeliner stamp by sheglam?

Report Reply

Reply by Megansky777

posted

Hi,sorry haven't replied but is my savings hub contain promo codes for everything?

Report Reply

Reply by Kylie

posted

My favorite makeup product is definetly the Super Pomade Vegan Eyeliner, Shadow, and Brow Pigment by Kat Von D. I mainly  use it as eyeliner, but it goes on very smoothly and it will last all day, and it's not advertised as waterproof, but it definetly is. Also, just based on the title it is a very versatile product, so it's not like that one piece of makeup you use on occasions. There are also 17 different colors available!

Report Reply

Reply by Diabla Venenosa

posted

Best black eyeliner I've ever used was the black liquid liners from NYX. Perfect deep and dark black that truly lasts a WHILE and easily affordable <3 In terms of hydraliners for graphic liner work- I have 2 different liner pallets from MATTE LASHES- an online store. I wish the packaging was sturdier but other than that the product is truly amazing.

Report Reply

Reply by cici

posted

i haven't purchased it yet but ive heard the victoria beckham bitten lip tint is great! most people reccomend cherie, but im thinking about getting the shade bisou. once i purchase it ill let you know how i feel!

Report Reply

Reply by eva_bae

posted

glossier, its quite basic and i see way more people using it now a days but ive been following the brand since like 2016? i really like the naturel easy yet dewy and glowy makeup look :*

Report Reply

Reply by Makeup Charey

posted

I don’t like using magnetic liners/lashes because I don’t always want to use liner in my makeup looks but I have to admit it’s pretty easy and convenient. As far as favorite makeup I’d have to say Pat McGrath Labs wins 🙌🏾  Check out my IG to see makeup looks! 

Report Reply

Reply by jo

posted

honestly drug store make up is god, other than eyeshadow tho bc they dont always get good pigment, but foundations and concealers they are pretty good, morphe have good brushes and palletes, also  small business called glitz n berry have such good lipglosses!

Report Reply

Reply by libxertyy

posted

my fave brand for the cost would be elf, oh and wet and wild has a liquid liner called breakup proof and its so good, and only like $3 or $4! cream blush is also a fave of mine. vaseline lip care instead of reg chapstick is GOLD!! using 2 diff mascaras is what i do and ive been getting comments on how nice it looks. ulta brand mascara looks the best on long lashes, but dont cry otherwise ur def gonna look like batman:p

Report Reply

Reply by Jess

posted

Whatever u do, dont get morphe brushes!! They r so overpriced n barely work tbh...-_-

Report Reply

Reply by bad beyotch <3

posted

kat von d has the best highlighter and it has diff colors. i have a pink one and its adorbs. i also love her eyeliner, i forgot which one but i think its the tattoo one. this is very problematic but i got the james charles palette as a gift and its very pigmented and the shades r gorg 

Report Reply

Reply by Hiney

posted

it is very impressive and informative content good work keep it up

Report Reply

Reply by jaedawg

posted

oooo tbh i really like the rimmel powders, like blush, bronzer and highlight powders yk? i think theyre powders idrk tho lol. i also realy like the morphe pallet i have, just has a bunch of nude colors and colors close to it just really nice ones that look really pretty i find. i actually some colors from that as my contour lmao.

Report Reply

Reply by john

posted

A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.

click here

Report Reply

Reply by ⛧Local Void⛥

posted

I like Nyx products, especially the finishing powders. I like the yellow and green ones they have because they (especially the green one) lends to a dead-looking aesthetic I do with my makeup.

Report Reply

Reply by LisaClark

posted
updated

When it comes to brushes, investing in high-quality ones can make a
significant difference in how your makeup looks. Some popular brush
brands include Sigma Beauty and Real Techniques.

Report Reply

Reply by Kat

posted

Pressed powder before setting powder helps so much with creasing, use powder puff!!

Report Reply

Reply by custersuxx

posted

I really love nyx makeup! The epic ink eyeliner is bomb and the lingerie lipsticks too! It's quite expensive tho. Are you into regular makeup or into something different? :p

Report Reply

Reply by custersuxx

posted

I really love nyx makeup! The epic ink eyeliner is bomb and the lingerie lipsticks too! It's quite expensive tho. Are you into regular makeup or into something different? :p

Report Reply

Reply by pheirah

posted

I usually use Wet N Wild for my primers and Maybelline for my foundation/concealers. 

Report Reply

Reply by Anthony

posted

If you're a beauty enthusiast, then chances are that you have heard about the highly raved about Victoria Beckham Bitten Lip Tint. This product has gained immense popularity in the beauty industry and for all the right reasons. It's no surprise that many makeup lovers are flocking to get their hands on this product. Buy Digital Ocean account

Report Reply

Reply by cloadetta

posted

Honestly idk much abt makeup but my favourite lipbalm is def the strawberry born lippy one by the bodyshop & my fav lipgloss is a monster high one i forgot the brand of but its mostly transparent & its sparkly (i love sparkly makeup sm)

Report Reply

Reply by bbqcl0

posted

if you want cheap but good makeup i recommend elf, they have a lot of dupes based of high end makeup that work just as well. i really love them and nxy has great lip liners!!!

Report Reply

Reply by salsavalentinazzz

posted

If you are looking for cheap and good makeup I would recommend Essence. But if you have more of a NYX or Kiko budget for lipsticks>>>>

Report Reply

Reply by Sarah (^-^)

posted

Omg I <3 Nyx's lipliner in the shade 08 Nude! Its the best combo with their fat oil in the shade super model!

Report Reply

Reply by lyn!!!

posted

romand and peripera are my go-to lip products ^_^ i also really like the juvias place concealer and for bb i use covergirl!!

Report Reply

Reply by Luxxxbruh

posted

So, there's a LOT of brands you can dab into, About brushes i personally find the BeBele brushes the best ones on the market, They are very soft and affordable without filling your space with brushes you'll never use like other cheap brush packs. As for brands of makeup you are free to see wich ones you like, It happens often than certain brands are not liked by everybody but they can be decent (PzzO for me, exept their compact powder) but i i'll namedrop a Brand, it would be Flower Secret, You should NEVER buy that brand, i beg you i get that sometimes cheap makeup looks good enough, but you really shouldn't risk you skin and eye health for a few dollars less. :D i hope my recomendations are useful to u!! have a great day

Report Reply

Reply by Adina ‧˚❀༉‧₊˚.

posted

my recs (budget and boycott friendly version - as far as i'm aware):

primer ~ milani primer (any of their primers, i recommend buying their 30spf sunscreen primer for protection. it's not greasy AT ALL!! feels exactly like moisturiser rather than sunscreen. if you can afford it, korean sunscreens have longer lasting spf50 protection but like it's SO expensive)

concealer ~ elf 24h hydrating concealer (not sure about shade range but my skin changes from light to medium throughout the year and this concealer always has the right shades for me. ofc do ur own research, i think LA girl might have good options too. both elf 24h hydrating and LA girl concealers have a beginner friendly formula. elf's camo version of their 24h concealer is also great as it lasts on your face like paint but not beginner friendly at all! the camo version dries too quickly making it hard to blend, so make sure you get the right elf concealer)

foundation ~ milani 2-1 concealer and foundation (i recommend this with a grain of salt though bc shade range is not the best, but otherwise the formula is absolutely a dream and is everything i could ask for in a foundation or concealer. the foundation i normally use is actually from hourglass, but i'd feel mean recommending that to a first timer since it's quite high-end)

pressed powder ~ catrice pressed powder (there are translucent powders and powders with pigment, idk how many kinds catrice has but i know they definitely have a translucent and banana shade. pressed powders are for setting in liquid foundation, so get the pressed powder that suits your skin shade the most. you may want to consider using a powder foundation in place of a pressed powder, lots of people do that. i prefer using a dense makeup tool like a damp sponge when applying pressed powder, i find the makeup sets more thoroughly into my skin this way)

loose powder ~ wet n wild loose powder (loose powder is for baking and setting those areas that may get greasy or sweat more than usual. while i find it crucial to use both types of powders for my specific looks, you DO NOT have to use both a pressed and setting powder. using just one of them is perfectly normal and most ppl interchange them. apply just enough to form a semi-translucent layer on top of ur skin; you don't need to pile it on your face the way ppl do it on the internet unless ur feeling special on a certain day, it's kind of a waste...

brows ~ any brow powder, or elf brow pencil (i started off doing brows with powder and an angled brush, i still consider it the easiest way to do brows. the elf brow pencil that comes in a white twisty pen is also fine but make sure to sharpen it often, the formula is really soft. depending on what kinda brow ur going for i recommend experimenting with layering different brow products together. but for a less harsh look, powder or pencil are great to start off with. if you ever do layer brow products, always set your brow pomade or brow pencil with setting/loose powder then brush it off before going in with the actual brow powder. otherwise it'll look patchy)

contour/bronzer ~ too cool for school powdered contour kit (you can buy this on yesstyle, it comes in a warm-toned, cool-toned and neutral-toned version. typically cool-toned contours are used to actually contour by defining your facial structure, the warm tones are for bronzing as the added color makes you look more alive or whatever. as a beginner i'd start with the neutral-toned contour as it's more versatile and you can't really go wrong with it. i haven't heard of any other neutral contour, they're almost always warm or cool. as you gain more experience you can figure out if you want cooler or warmer toned contour later on)

blush ~ milani blush (milani has some really nice formulas for blush, whether you want the baked blush that has some shimmer in it or the matte blushes that have no shimmer. the putty blushes from elf are also quite good, but in saying that you could also just use ur lipstick as blush to bring your whole look together)

eyeshadow ~ colorpop eyeshadow palettes (these are a good place to start getting creative, but at the same time you can also just use contour or blush on ur eyelids and it'd still look pretty. make sure to prime/set ur eyelids first using either concealer or eyeshadow primer and then lightly powder to eliminate creases before using eyeshadow)

eyeliner ~ any black eyeshadow + angled brush + setting spray (this is probs the easiest place to start, but the essence and catrice liquid eyeliners are an absolute bang for your buck if you wanna practise liquid eyeliner. i don't think they're waterproof though?? when purchasing liquid eyeliner, avoid eyeliner pens and find the ones where you manually dip the end with ink. most eyeliner pens, especially the affordable ones, dry out at the tip and you'll struggle with precison overtime)

highlighter ~ milani or colorpop highlighters (i would recommend makeup revolution highlighters but ik a lot of ppl find that brand sketchy with their business practises. the milani and colorpop highlighters are amazing too, as far as i've experienced. my tip is to set the rest of ur face, then spray a bit of setting spray onto ur highlighting brush before tapping into the highlighter and applying to ur face as the last step of ur makeup routine. the highlighter shows up way more and lasts longer too imo)

setting spray ~ milani setting spray (the one in the clear bottle is the best one imo. this is genuinely my holy grail and if i could only keep one of these products i've recommended here, it'd be this setting spray)

makeup brushes ~ elf or colorpop makeup brushes (most of elf's brushes are great, and you pretty much can't go wrong with colorpop makeup brushes. don't just stick to brushes though, some makeup sponges from the dollar store can go a longgg way) 

there are way too many different types of lip products and combinations that i think ur better off just exploring the different options for yourself. i also don't have any mascara recs because i use falsies from yesstyle lmao :P i can send through a link for the lashes i use as well as the lash glue and lash tweezers if you'd like that but we might have different tastes

hope this wasn't too overwhelming???? you don't have to listen to all of my advice, my skin type and the environment i live in will have a lot of influence over my opinions. i have no first-hand experience with products that work well for dry skin types for example. remember, the first makeup products you buy are almost always never the ones you stick with.

if you want more makeup options but want to be boycott safe, explore the asian makeup market as the makeup there is wayyyy cheaper and typically higher quality anyways. granted if you fit within the limited skin-tone range they have.

but anyway good luck with shopping !!!

Report Reply