Posted by Starz

posted
updated

Forum: General

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ニーチェはクソだ

posted

Wont happen. 0 real moderation. SpaceHey loves bots and zombie posts.

Report Reply

Reply by Gray

posted

Well it would be helpful for us if people would report these spam advertisements so we can get to them faster. But no one ever reports them

Report Reply

Reply by ニーチェはクソだ

posted
updated

^^ Doing the job of the mods and reporting what they should be deleting in first place demonstrates their inefficiency and some other bigger problems. While I understand that it is humanly impossible to moderate an entire site, it basically seems to be abandoned until many users start complaining, THEN mods or whoever is running the site decides to take action into the issue, and I say this having moderated different forums in the past, game servers, etc.
When I used the site often yrs ago (old acc) I used to report posts like that and they were still there after DAYS... Which is not very "fast" if you ask me. The same seems to be happening nowdays.

If it is that much of a problem, the site should start adding security, decent verifications and so on, which is not going to happen I guess.

EDIT: I would like to state for the record that this is not meant to be disparaging. But I stand by my point, users should be protected by the moderators from spam, drama-seeking/dangerous accounts, etc. If they have to ask out loud to help by reporting, there's obviously a problem, be it lack of mods/admins or their skill.

Report Reply

Reply by EngiQu33ring

posted

It isn't the job of moderators to "protect" users. They aren't cops or social workers or guardians, they're volunteer custodians. They clean out garbage posts and make the site more usable. The concept of moderators as an enforcement body tasked with the welfare of the public is corporate propaganda put out by Meta, Twitter, etc. as a way of giving users and investors the sense that there is some coordinated enforcement body behind every social website.

Moderating very rarely involves scrolling through the pages and deleting
things, the majority of it involves reviewing things in the report
queue. The only way to bring something to their attention is to report
it, and with the way many people here encourage mass-reporting, this
means having to go through dozens, possibly hundreds of reports for a
single incident. People don't like hearing that their favorite site is cleaned up by Just Some Guy scrolling through a report feed and interpreting a vague set of rules however they think is reasonable, but that's the reality of it.

Report Reply