« Back to the Oh, The Horror! Forum

Chucky Series

What are everyone's thoughts about the new Chucky series? 

I'm personally drawn in, glad they got the OG back, but it seems a decent amount of horror fans are torn or wanted the franchise to end(though after that last one... I don't blame 'em ?)

Report Topic

18 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by CalmStorm

posted

I am so excited to see this one and the only few reasons is because it's the original voice actor and the original Chucky doll; the one that actually gave me nightmares. 

Not to mention, the LGBTQ community is also a part of the series ?? The main boy is trying to figure out his sexuality while dealing with Chucky. Should be quite interesting!! ???

Report Reply

Reply by MeghanICT

posted

I don't have cable but I'm dieing to see it! I grew up as a young kid watching these movies. Original voice actor and will makes me want to see it even more.

Report Reply

Reply by Jibbs

posted

I love it! I never expect any remakes or sequels of things to be as good as the original, but i do genuinely enjoy the show. And I love that they have the original cast in the show.

Report Reply

Reply by RavenPuff

posted

I am absolutely hooked with this show. I love how they have brought a lot of the people from the movies into the series. I am also loving that they are really bringing the feel of the first few movies back into this show. It really is showing that it's done by someone who a fan of the movies and wants to do good by it. I'm so looking for more.

Report Reply

Reply by JaZzmine_

posted

I watched the new one a couple of months ago and it was so good! I loved the rep and the storyline Chucky was one of my favs! I just wish we got to see more the ending left me kinda like meh. But overall I loved it even got a friend into it!??

Report Reply

Reply by ?CorpseKittey?

posted

I'm litterly obsessed with chucky honestly if I could go back to the first time I watched it I so would, the new ones are good, but they will never compare to the old school.

Report Reply

Reply by d?e?w??

posted

?? ??? ?????? ???? ?? ?? ??? ?????? ??? ????? ??? ????? ??? magnificent!.

Report Reply

Reply by Bug

posted

ok i watched it in a day and thought it was pretty good. i wouldn't give it praise like i do with halloween but it was a pretty good show that had me hooked. i would give it a 8!

Report Reply

Reply by ?Scream Queen?

posted

I absolutely love the Chucky TV series. I genuinely wheezed and snorted out water when I heard him say “kill the twink”

Also the fact Don can work in so many things he’s dealt with before like abusive homophobia and offering an outlet for queer horror fans up front with Glen/Glenda being gender fluid and possessing 2 bodies, Tiffany being bisexual, Chucky being somewhat bi curious, Jake and Devon’s relationship, and so much more. 

I am so excited for season 2 to come out in a couple days. This series has been amazing so far :)

Report Reply

Reply by fer

posted

idk i reall like the movies and the series was good, i liked the plot and the characters (also the lgbt+ representation ) but i was so bad written, it made no sense, like the killed everyone and for no reason there were a lot of things happening at the same time like someone died but then they were alive an it was so confusing , i just wish that the 2 season is going to be better cause it really has a lot of potencial

Report Reply

Reply by ?Isabella?

posted

i love that series some good characters were killed *cough* *cough* Nadine but yk chucky is chucky and we love him 

Report Reply

Reply by Scotty Byrd

posted

im enjoying ive actually been working on some art from the show 

https://www.youtube.com/live/UnJh5tZD6uQ?feature=share

Report Reply

Reply by Vorgavik

posted

I like how they have some original actors. The movies are better but the series is good. 

Report Reply

Reply by Vorgavik

posted

I like how they have some original actors. The movies are better but the series is good. 

Report Reply

Reply by - ??????? Edith ??? ?????

posted

Honestly the show is pretty decent and good! I overall enjoyed the show and find it in a way as a regular plot with not to much or over the top amazing story plot like stranger things or supernatural. I heard past criticism of people saying that there doing to much of the show with it being corny and cheesy when it came to Chucky breaking character at times. I could kinda agree with it, but overall the show is pretty decent and haves a very slick on point plot. I would've rated it a 7.6/10. Its good but the story is pretty decent. The way how the story is done is not bad to be honest, would recommend to any horror fans who are obsess with Chucky and the childs play franchise :). 

Report Reply

Reply by GlubbyGuppiez

posted

*I luuuuuuv t)(e C)(ucky Series!!! It is sooooo fun and I was )(yperfixated on it for a few weeks last year :333

Report Reply

Reply by Kenny !

posted

Amazing 10/10

Report Reply

Reply by Marcus

posted

I love it it's cool to see them do something like this with the franchise 

Report Reply