« Back to the Mental Health & Relationships Forum

Toxic Happiness?!

Everyone wants more of it and everyone seems to be lacking it simultaneously.

Have we allowed ourselves to become conditioned to a “good vibes only” kind of lifestyle that is not reflective of the normal highs and lows of life?

Let’s talk about it.

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Cali

posted

I do not agree with this, 100%. I do believe in something called Trauma Bonding, or the act of emotionally attaching yourselves to your partner because of similar pain, experiences, etc. 

And because both of you are looking to forget, numb, or dismiss the thought, memory, feeling... or whatever, you create place of peace within each other, and try to adapt to "happiness created" rather than happiness found. ANd then when everything crashes, it's because of a non existent reality you've created that now has to be bonded....it's just a cycle until you step out of the third demension and fix self first

Report Reply

Reply by LEROY

posted

I love optimism, but I’ve found people who are over the top with love & positivity are some of the most manipulative people out there lol. By all means, be positive and spread good energy. A 'good vibes only' mentality is fine as long as you still address issues and handle them as needed without living in complete denial. 

Even that "everything happens for a reason line" as a response for everything doesn't sit right with me. Many horrible things happen as a result of poor decisions. I think more people need to realize when they're using optimism to dress up pain/disappointment/exhaustion/stress and tuck it away without dealing with it. As someone who goes through burnout from time to time, it's the worst band-aid ever. Yeah, I know everything will be okay, but right now it's not and that needs to be felt and processed. 

Report Reply

Reply by Salinas

posted

The idea of "toxic happiness" suggests that the relentless pursuit of positivity can be harmful, leading to unrealistic expectations and suppressed emotions. In a world where social media promotes perfect lives, this pressure to be happy can alienate those facing real struggles. BorderFreeHealth advocates for a more balanced approach, encouraging authentic emotional expression and mental health support. True wellness comes from embracing a full range of emotions and recognizing that life's imperfections are normal.

Report Reply