« Games Forum

Visual Novels!!!

Realized theres not a TON of visual novel threads here, so I decided to start one !!! What are some VNs youโ€˜ve read/your favorites? Any recommendations?

For me, my recent top picks are FataMor(currently reading requiem!), UMINEKO and Saya no Uta! I have about 70 on my vndb wishlist (which i use as a to-read list oTL) and Iโ€˜m wrapping up Umineko, reading Subarashiki Hibi (I recommend it !!! I just got to Jabberwocky I so since I havenโ€˜t finished itโ€˜s not in my top picks yet), Sayonara wo Oshiete(very slow reading since im translating it by hand ;n;).

Iโ€˜m looking forward to Geminism a lot! I skew very hard into horror/denpa type novels, or stuff thats just sorta really sad (see FataMor), so thatโ€˜s what I mainly chew through. Kinda wanna get more into more upbeat stories so if anyone can recommend any im all for it,,, heard some good things about Doukyuuseiโ€˜s Remake,, I think thatโ€˜s it!

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Deaths_Smile

posted

I haven't played very many visual novels (and by that I mean I've only played like, 5), but so far my favorite is the Danganronpa series (I hate it so much sometimes but I love some of the characters and the minigames can be pretty fun [most of the time]).

The other two I've played are Doki Doki Literature Club (fun the first time, kinda boring the 2nd time, I plan on playing DDLC+ someday) and Milk Inside a Bag of Milk Inside a Bag of Milk, which was a really cool one! I've yet to play the sequel, but I'm excited to get to it someday.

I've been on the look-out for other ones that may interest me (murder mystery and horror are the ones I'm most interesting, though I wouldn't mind trying a dating sim someday lol).

Report Reply

Reply by Ril3y_

posted

Purrgatory !! Omg im so obsessed with it - it has great queer rep and such good characters and humor and like uhsgfusfigfuiufriuhfur - (Also its only a few hours long and free to play on browser on itch.io or to download on steam ) ITS SO WORTH CHECKING OUTย 

Report Reply

Reply by โ˜ผ SiE ๐Ÿ“” โ˜ผ

posted

class of 09 and vincent the secret of myers ^_^

Report Reply