reply with experience

Report Reply

Reply by radiohead4lyfe

posted

in detail

Report Reply

Reply by Deaths_Smile

posted

A few years ago I found out that there's some wild blackberries that grow pretty close to my house. There's not very many plants, and there seems to be less and less each year, but I have managed to pick some ripe berries from them.

The plants grow in a line of weeds and small trees and big shrubs. Some are right on the edge and are easy to get berries from, and others are too deep into the plants that I can't reach them. The one that was most hidden I've picked berries from is hidden under the low branches of a tree. It had the most blackberries compared to all the other plants. There is also an old groundhog hole in front of the tree so I have to be careful not to step in it so I don't hurt my ankle.

I originally thought they were wild raspberries, and picked them while they were under-ripe a few times, but ended up finding out they were blackberries when I saw the fully ripe fruit.

I collected the small amounts of berries in a little bowl. I then would bring them inside, wash them up, and eat them. I plan on trying to sprout some seeds next year so I can grow my own "bushes."

Report Reply

Reply by Link

posted

so this one time i walked out into my backyard

over to the bush

and i grabbed one

Report Reply