« Books and Stories Forum

Bookworms?

How many books did you read in 2020? What were your favorites?
Do you have any reading goals for 2021?

I read 27 (may sound like a lot, but it's roughly half my average).

Notable gems included:

Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon: Laurel Canyon, Covert Ops, and the Dark Heart of the Hippie Dream
David McGowan

Wow, No Thank You
Samantha Irby

Permanent Record
Edward Snowden

Into the Raging Sea: 33 Mariners, 1 Megastorm, and the Sinking of El Faro
Rachel Slade

My First Five Husbands...And The Ones Who Got Away
Rue McClanahan

Self Care
Leigh Stein (not what it sounds like, lol)

Report Topic

12 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Bailey

posted

I stopped reading for fun once I got to college but with the pandemic I've been trying to get back into it. I have a stack of books from high school that I never got to so I've been trying to work through those before I read some of the newer books that I got recently. 

The Sequel to If I Stay

My goal for 2021 is to read more, and hopefully get through the stack of old books. I look forward to reading an Audrey Hepburn biography and A Man Called Ove

Report Reply

Reply by Laura Wolf

posted

I lost count of what I read in 2020 haha

My noteable reads were:

Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows (reserve judgement and give it a go, I swear...)

A Man Worth Shaving For; Oh, Keep Your Shirt On; and First Kiss Train Wreck by Michelle Pennington (best Romcoms and overall best series I read in 2020 - she's got a #4 coming soon too)

Sapphire Ridge Prospects by Darlene Byers (a new author, but with a unique Australian voice)

Tamie Dearen "Limitless" Billionaire series - a sweet romance series set around a group of billionaires each with a disability. Really sweet ad refreshing.

The Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Christie (I'm trying to go back and read some classics atm. Agatha Christie is amazing and there's a great free audio version of this on YouTube)

Report Reply

Reply by Pprincess89

posted

10 Or 11

Lady Cop Makes Trouble-Amy Stewart

Miss Kopp’s Midnight Confession-Amy Stewart

When Life Gives You Lululemons-Lauren Weisberger

The Lady In The Rivers- Philippa Gregory

The Kingsmakers Daughter-Philippa Gregory

The Red Queen-PhilippaGregory

The White Queen-Philippa Gregory

Lamp Black Wolf Grey-Paula Brackston

Snow Falling- Jane Gloriana Villanueva

Love & War- Melissa De La Cruz

Alex & Eliza-Melissa De La Cruz

Report Reply

Reply by Brian Palmer

posted

We had our second child right at the end of 2019, and then when I stopped taking the bus to work during the pandemic I basically lost all my reading time for the year. I think I read maybe 4 or 5 books on my own time? Out of those I think the most notable ones I read where Liane Moriarty's What Alice Forgot and Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time. Apart from that I enjoyed starting to go through the Chronicles of Narnia with our daughter for the first time!

Report Reply

Reply by Don

posted

I didn't keep track of what I read in 2020. I was incredibly busy as work after the pandemic.
This year, unemployed, due to the pandemic. Sheesh.
But my goal for 2021 is 15 books. Not much. But I have 9 down at the moment and halfway through another.
This year I'm reading a bit of everything. Young adult, bio, mystery/crime, and sci-fi fantasy.
I'm wanting to get some old gothic romance in and maybe some westerns, and historical fiction and non-fiction. But we'll see where my tastes take me.

Report Reply

Reply by Flossie

posted

why has this thread gotten so attacked by bots???? anyway, im actually an english student so for all accounts i should have read a lot more than i have this year!! only about 12 books through.....orz... but i did finish the secret history this summer and enjoyed it despite the hype! hoping i double or triple my number so far by the end of the year though

Report Reply

Reply by Sage Tulip

posted

I'm beginning to read a lot again! I use to love it as a child before I grew up and life got complicated lol! In a super stressful situation I've only got the chance to read about 5 books this year and three volumes of The Boys comic. 

Report Reply

Reply by moldych33s3

posted

HI HI!!! so this year in 2022 has been so chaotic there has been literally no time for me to read sadly , but I did manage to get some books in so that's good!!!

in 2020- 2022 I have read about 100 books??? ( lost track lol)

but I would highly recommend the horror/thriller novel A clown in the cornfield b Adam Cesare;
if you like clowns and horror then you will like this!!! The books is ver fast paced and ADDICTING, like I could not put this book down lol. Anyways, check it out from your local library if you have a chance :D

Report Reply

Reply by argentAegis

posted

I'm currently reading Kant and the Platypus. 

Report Reply

Reply by adam

posted

i've probably read thirty or so, but i restarted with all my reading in june or so. i drastically switched what i was reading and only really count the fifteen or so that i've read since then.

Report Reply

Reply by Dabaran

posted
updated

Chicago's Online Reputation Management: Clear, Suppress, Remove Negative Google Search Results: Discover success with Dabaran's reputation management services. Elevate your business, protect your brand name, and ensure effective removal of negative reviews. Contact us for tailored strategies.

Report Reply

Reply by Kamov

posted
updated

gave myself a challenge and started reading Capital by Marx

all three volumes, I hope I'll finish it this year ;-;

Report Reply