« Books and Stories Forum

Bookworms?

How many books did you read in 2020? What were your favorites?
Do you have any reading goals for 2021?

I read 27 (may sound like a lot, but it's roughly half my average).

Notable gems included:

Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon: Laurel Canyon, Covert Ops, and the Dark Heart of the Hippie Dream
David McGowan

Wow, No Thank You
Samantha Irby

Permanent Record
Edward Snowden

Into the Raging Sea: 33 Mariners, 1 Megastorm, and the Sinking of El Faro
Rachel Slade

My First Five Husbands...And The Ones Who Got Away
Rue McClanahan

Self Care
Leigh Stein (not what it sounds like, lol)

Report Topic

20 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Bailey

posted

I stopped reading for fun once I got to college but with the pandemic I've been trying to get back into it. I have a stack of books from high school that I never got to so I've been trying to work through those before I read some of the newer books that I got recently. 

The Sequel to If I Stay

My goal for 2021 is to read more, and hopefully get through the stack of old books. I look forward to reading an Audrey Hepburn biography and A Man Called Ove

Report Reply

Reply by Laura Wolf

posted

I lost count of what I read in 2020 haha

My noteable reads were:

Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows (reserve judgement and give it a go, I swear...)

A Man Worth Shaving For; Oh, Keep Your Shirt On; and First Kiss Train Wreck by Michelle Pennington (best Romcoms and overall best series I read in 2020 - she's got a #4 coming soon too)

Sapphire Ridge Prospects by Darlene Byers (a new author, but with a unique Australian voice)

Tamie Dearen "Limitless" Billionaire series - a sweet romance series set around a group of billionaires each with a disability. Really sweet ad refreshing.

The Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Christie (I'm trying to go back and read some classics atm. Agatha Christie is amazing and there's a great free audio version of this on YouTube)

Report Reply

Reply by Pprincess89

posted

10 Or 11

Lady Cop Makes Trouble-Amy Stewart

Miss Kopp’s Midnight Confession-Amy Stewart

When Life Gives You Lululemons-Lauren Weisberger

The Lady In The Rivers- Philippa Gregory

The Kingsmakers Daughter-Philippa Gregory

The Red Queen-PhilippaGregory

The White Queen-Philippa Gregory

Lamp Black Wolf Grey-Paula Brackston

Snow Falling- Jane Gloriana Villanueva

Love & War- Melissa De La Cruz

Alex & Eliza-Melissa De La Cruz

Report Reply

Reply by Brian Palmer

posted

We had our second child right at the end of 2019, and then when I stopped taking the bus to work during the pandemic I basically lost all my reading time for the year. I think I read maybe 4 or 5 books on my own time? Out of those I think the most notable ones I read where Liane Moriarty's What Alice Forgot and Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time. Apart from that I enjoyed starting to go through the Chronicles of Narnia with our daughter for the first time!

Report Reply

Reply by Don

posted

I didn't keep track of what I read in 2020. I was incredibly busy as work after the pandemic.
This year, unemployed, due to the pandemic. Sheesh.
But my goal for 2021 is 15 books. Not much. But I have 9 down at the moment and halfway through another.
This year I'm reading a bit of everything. Young adult, bio, mystery/crime, and sci-fi fantasy.
I'm wanting to get some old gothic romance in and maybe some westerns, and historical fiction and non-fiction. But we'll see where my tastes take me.

Report Reply

Reply by zoey

posted

SpaceHey is the project of An—he goes by just his first name online—who says he's an 18-year-custom coursework help old student in Germany.

Report Reply

Reply by AssignmentDoer97

posted

Do My Homework Assignment is now available online. Professional academic assignment writing, editing, and proofreading. 

Report Reply

Reply by BridgeCity92

posted

There is no universal rule of thumb to reference while trying to determine when to replace your flooring. This depends on the type of flooring you need to be replaced, the quality of the materials which were used, the quality of the installation process, how you treated the flooring, and so on. kitchen contractors Saskatoon.

Report Reply

Reply by Rammafoundation93

posted

In the eyes of cracked basement walls edmonton, Quality and customer satisfaction is on highest priority. If you think that home require foundation repair, weeping tile repair or even seasonal rooftop snow removal, gutter cleaning, congratulations, you have arrived at the right place. 

Report Reply

Reply by I Need Help With My Homework

posted

Very good points you wrote here.I think you've made some truly interesting points.I Need Help With My Homework Keep up the good work for IT clients .This is my very first time i go to here. I discovered  its very usefull for IT clients in your blog site.

Report Reply

Reply by electrical installers

posted

Astounding online journal!!! electrical installers it is exceptionally great and enlightening substance much thanks to you for your astounding post.

Report Reply

Reply by Morrello

posted

Here helped me with writing a personal narrative essay. They not only wrote a paper to me, but also advised me how to communicate with the teacher.

Report Reply

Reply by latu sinns

posted

I think everyone should know and own
mens brown suede leather coat for them self and their friends available at topcelebsjackets.com and
delivered at your home in USA.

Report Reply

Reply by Flossie

posted

why has this thread gotten so attacked by bots???? anyway, im actually an english student so for all accounts i should have read a lot more than i have this year!! only about 12 books through.....orz... but i did finish the secret history this summer and enjoyed it despite the hype! hoping i double or triple my number so far by the end of the year though

Report Reply

Reply by lukeshaw

posted

Your article is interesting and well-written; the information is useful and grabs people's attention. 
Thank you for providing this information,you can play word game online on: nytimes spelling bee

Report Reply

Reply by I Need Help With My Homework

posted

Your search to Hire Someone To Write Essay has come to an end with our academic writing company Write My Assignment Australia . Feel free to contact us at your convenience.9

Report Reply

Reply by Lucio with a Duff

posted

I used to read a lot...

The last book I read was...The Golden Isthmus....about the history of Panama.

Report Reply

Reply by Sage Tulip

posted

I'm beginning to read a lot again! I use to love it as a child before I grew up and life got complicated lol! In a super stressful situation I've only got the chance to read about 5 books this year and three volumes of The Boys comic. 

Report Reply

Reply by Sean

posted

Top 3 I'd read last year:

-Dreamland by Sam Quinones- story of the building of a heroin empire with a parallel story of Perdue (?) Pharma getting millions hooked on Oxy. (Spoiler alert: the heroin dealers were the lesser jerks.)
-The Looming Tower by Lawrence Wright- Going Clear was great too. History of al Qaeda from the wahabi siege of Mecca in the late 70s to its morphing into ISIS. Salim bin Laden has one of the best senses of humor ever bestowed upon a human being- worth reading if only to see his response to the Saudi monarchy when they revoked his pilot's license.
-Katherine Anne Porter's short stories. It is ridiculous how great these stories are.

Report Reply

Reply by David John

posted

I have read a lot of book in 2021 that I don't even remember the numbers....hahaha..

Students looking for cheap thesis help UK can take assistance from our expert writers.

Report Reply