« Music Forum

Stuff that you "should" like, but just cannot stand

Posted by Jinnicide

posted

Forum: Music

What's a band (or some bands) that everyone assumes that you like (or that you algorithmic-ally "should" like) based on all your other tastes in music but that you don't actually like AT ALL?

Some of mine:
Neutral Milk Hotel
M. Ward
Sonic Youth
James Taylor
The Black Keys
Billie Eilish
Tori Amos
Lady Gaga
Radiohead
Father John Misty
Hozier
Florence and the Machine
My Chemical Romance

(and not because of "bad memories" or any other emotional reason, but just because the music holds zero appeal for you on any level)

Report Topic

40 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Abby Vomit

posted

Slipknot. Pretty much every friend I've made thru liking similar music loves them and I just don't feel it lmao. They're not bad, but apart from couple songs they just don't make me feel anything either.

Report Reply

Reply by scourgu!

posted

arctic monkeys, arcade fire, imagine dragons

Report Reply

Reply by Giuseppe

posted

Pretty much anything from this century

Report Reply

Reply by mariana <3

posted

korn and slipknot. my friend was obsessed with them and i just could not for the life of me get into them. 

Report Reply

Reply by ⛧Max iz Dead⛧

posted

slipknot

korn
the used
matchine gun kelly 

idk y but i just cant stand it 

Report Reply

Reply by argo

posted

slipknot and korn!!

id reallyyy like to like them but i cant!!!

Report Reply

Reply by ren

posted

Slipknot.. 

Report Reply

Reply by jillian♡

posted

System of a Down and pop. ik it sounds rlly bad to be like omg im so different i don't listen to pop but like srsly every time i look at the "big on tiktok" spotify thingy it's like i've never heard any of this stuff ever nd this is obnoxiously plastic straight ppl music

Report Reply

Reply by XoXoLo

posted

Afi. Everyone else i know likes or loves afi and ive tried so many times to get into them but I literally cannot stand their music. The only song i can kind of tolerate is greater than 84 but even then I usually skip it xD 

Report Reply

Reply by xCoreyx

posted

I just can’t get into black veil brides or slipknot. Idk why but I really wanna like them

Report Reply

Reply by ♡ Sienna ♡

posted

Mistki and Harry Styles are mine!

I just feel like harry is just to overrated!!
Also Mitski is just not my thing my everyone else loves her?

Report Reply

Reply by julianna

posted
updated

i am a pop punk enjoyer but all time low sounds generic as shit to me

Report Reply

Reply by ari :3

posted

emo rap and most pop-punk. like no, if you play xxxtentacion or juice wrld for me i'd spontaneously combust. and as for pop-punk, well, machine gun kelly blink-182 avril lavigne and the all-american rejects are shit. the point of punk is to be controversial, harsh, and overtly political. most pop-punk is just angsty pop with maybe one guitar riff. like no punk is angry and noisy and fast and about real issues. green day is awesome but that's basically it. 

also mcr is more of a screamo-type band. sounds a lot more like real punk/noise than pop, except for a couple songs.

Report Reply

Reply by adam

posted

nu-metal, or anything of that sort. it's not that it's too aggressive or loud, im just not a massive fan of it as a genre.

Report Reply

Reply by Alan Drome

posted

MCR is fine, but people assume I love them when I REALLY REALLY DONT.

Most newer metal

I love Falling In Reverse's debut album but I hate everything else they made

New Found Glory

All Time Low (EXCEPT for Dear Maria)

Report Reply

Reply by TORI!!!

posted

Any overused song from TikTok. Like I HATEHATEHATEHATE that STUPID "Dance dance dance w/ my hands" song. And because of that song, I don't want to watch Wednesday :)

Report Reply

Reply by kiddingwashed

posted

deftones, korn, slipknot, sex pistols

Report Reply

Reply by jeffy

posted

system of a down and rebzyyx. i cannot type how much i Despise rebzyyx 

Report Reply

Reply by 「 CLOVER / KAT 」

posted

rebzyyx and mcr 

Report Reply

Reply by xoxoizuku !!

posted

most tiktok metal, and most "scene" artists that are big on titkok. and half of the new pop songs

Report Reply

Reply by xoxoizuku !!

posted

forgot to say blink-182... i need some real fucking punk

Report Reply

Reply by SweetAvocado

posted

I could never get into Gorillaz, everyone loves them but I just can’t get into it

Report Reply

Reply by Rileyrose

posted

not a band but harry styles, one of my friends wants me to like his music so badly i just can’t get into it

Report Reply

Reply by lunny!!?

posted

mcr, cannibal corpse, taylor swift

Report Reply

Reply by evangeline ౨ৎ

posted
updated

The beatles, gorillaz, mcr (n emo music in general) n new trendy music on tiktok or whatever.

I'm a huge rock fan n I would rlly like to get into these bands, I feel like a poser saying that. I've tried listening to them but they just don't attract me. My preferences r quite unusual

Report Reply

Reply by ray toro transsexual

posted
updated

i listen to punk music so every algorithm recommends me the sex pistols. but i aboslutely hate their sound

which i guess is funny if you know where my pfp is from actually

Report Reply

Reply by khaotic kayia kock

posted

lil peep. 

Report Reply

Reply by tootie :3

posted

deftones, joy division, Melanie martinez 

Report Reply

Reply by manofSteele

posted

I CANNOT STAND Throbbing Gristle.  I love industrial music, so I expected to love the creators of industrial too.  But this band is severely lacking in musicianship, songwriting, lyricism, and singing imo.  I've gotta give them some credit though since they're the reason for all of my favorite bands.

Report Reply

Reply by (๑ > ᴗ < ๑) lydia ⋆˚🍥˖°

posted

slipknot, like they aren't bad i just don't really care for them

Report Reply

Reply by Theodore

posted

taylor swift, harry styles, blink 182, mcr, cavetown ,girl in red, and almost all country (one song is okay i just forgot the name of it)

Report Reply

Reply by ace

posted

duster. spotify keeps recommending them to me but i just feel like it's kinda repetitive

Report Reply

Reply by kai :3

posted

Honestly no matter how hard i try, i cannot get into k-pop T-T

I mean i listen to G (I)-DLE some bc of a friend but like thats all i can really get into. I just cant get into like blackpink or BTS or seventeen or wtv the groups

just never been my type of music

Report Reply

Reply by Vasija!

posted

Olivia Rodrigo, nothing against her but i think her music sounds a little generic? idk

Report Reply

Reply by Lucy_Louuuu

posted

I cant listen to Melanie Martinez or Penelope Scott for the shit of me   

Report Reply

Reply by spacebf

posted
updated

Mitksi and Taylor Swift
Just doesn't appeal to me and while Taylor Swift has like 3 songs I can listen to Mitski has none that I enjoy. 

Everyone always talks about how good of an artist Mitski is so it often seems like I'm wrong lmao. 

Also Lana Del Rey. Just don't get the hype

Report Reply

Reply by bumbiedoodle1

posted
updated

Slipknot, Senses Fail, Kittie, most of Hawthorne Heights stuff, Deftones, blink 182, some SOAD, Paramore, Black Veil Brides

Report Reply

Reply by normal girl

posted

phoebe bridgers, alice in chains, NIRVANA!!!!!

i love mitski and some lana so i thought i'd love phoebe bridgers but...she's so boring, and boygenius is only marginally better; "without you without them" brings me to tears but everything else is awful

alice in chains and nirvana...i can't think of a single alice in chains song i like, which i think is kinda weird because i love nine inch nails. same for nirvana, but i feel like this one is worse because everyone LOVES them. i can only really stand something in the way if i'm really in the mood, and i'm just.. not. ever.

Report Reply

Reply by ₳†⅃ ⍲⟆ ∀₵ꙇ₫

posted

system of a down.. theyre just not my thing idk what it is also i like vocals more than growls n such so anything other than nu metal isnt really for me XD sm people assume i like it cuz i emo

Report Reply

Reply by Pinkie Winkie

posted

Taylor swift. I know, this could be controversial but she's just far too overrated, same thing goes to Melanie Martinez, too. No hate towards the artists themselves, they do have okay songs but they're just too overrated 

Report Reply