« Back to the Bungou Stray Dogs Forum

most annoying mischaracterization?

Posted by seabirds

posted
updated

Forum: Bungou Stray Dogs Group

ramble about your analysis of the characters!!! what does fanon get wrong? what traits get erased?

personally i'm most annoyed by fanon soukoku ... they would NOT act like that. they are the most toxic dynamic ever. they suck. they're way overhyped in comparison to the other characters. also KUNIKIDA..... what did they do to you.... the incorrect-quotes-ification of bsd is KILLING HIM. he is NOT the most put together one... that guy is consistently on the verge of a full scale breakdown. also the constant flattening of kouyou and yosano into #girlbosses or moms. THEY ARE NOT

Report Topic

7 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Xxsnaillovrr666xX

posted

something that annoys me to no end is people feminizing/pushing stereotypes onto characters. especially in skk people feel the need to feminize one of them in almost every fanart and fanfic and like??? why cant there be two mascs in a relationship?? not to mention how a lot of people feminize characters and make them seem weak and needy at the same time which is... interesting? the worst part is that it feels like they are trying to make the ship seem straight by making one of them super feminine and the other super masculine. mischaracterization itself bothers me but this genre of mischaracterizing is one that makes me particularly uncomfortable...

Report Reply

Reply by miu <3

posted

dazai is so mischaracterized. dazai is not a wet cat. dazai is literally a suicidal freak!! i also hate how everyone treats dazai as an innocent victim especially 15yo dazai. let dazai be fucked up!! if dazai was just some uwu victim character that would make it so much less interesting.

Report Reply

Reply by TamTam

posted

higuchi... just higuchi

Report Reply

Reply by Jasper

posted

erm . . I don't like that one headcannon where Mori r@ped Dazai. . . I don't know it's kind of weird.
I don't like headcannons where the charaters been SA'd. . makes me uncomfy. . .

Report Reply

Reply by Amethyst

posted

MORI!!! lowk ppl can hate him and stuff all they want but people need to understand he is such a complex and well written character!?! idk i lowk love how hes written because it is so clever and its funny bc the real author was like asexual almost and in bsd hes like high key into little girls which is such a weird interpretationΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by vontaboo

posted

To me, all characters suffer from mischaracterization. Not because of Asagiri being bad at written and showing their traits (though with some it might be the case. Yes Im talking about you Nikolai, Mori, Fukuzawa and Francis) but there is also a lot of poor comprehension skills on the side of the fandom. And of course that the most popular characters suffer from it. People that dont read either Stormbringer or 15 and speak about Chuuya, for exmaple. Those that dont read Dazai Entrance Exam talking about his and Kunikida dynamic. Those that dont pay attention to little details in the backstory and present time of the characthers complaining about their problems (Atsushi and Akutagawa are the best examples, though Yosano, Q and Kyoka also suffer from this) and then we have the ones that only come to make ships and ignore the actual relaintionship (is that how you write that word?) portrayed on the manga or the light novels.

Report Reply

Nearly everyone in the show is mischaracterized. Mori, hes a well written character. Hes a villain. Hes meant to be unlikeable and hes smart. Hes one of the smartest characters in bsd. Its annoying that all he gets watered down to is a pedo. Hes an interesting character and although i dont support his actions, i find him likeable in the show.

Dazai. He is NOT a hot alpha suicidal baddy wolf demon hybrid bad boy. Nor is he a wet skrunkly innocent feminine cat or whatever. Hes a 22 year old suicidal man that has intense trauma from the abuse he had to go through as a teenager. He was an abuser, and he was abused. He has killed people before. A lot of people water him down. Dazai haters hate him because hes bad. Hes morally grey. Nearly every character in bsd is morally grey. They only hate him because hes annoying (which is basically a coping mechanism) or because he abused akutagawa. But then they love akutagawa even though he abused Kyouka??? Double standards much. Its annoying seeing how mischaracterized he is.

Chuuya. Chuuya isnt a feminine tsundere uwu cat boy or a violent and aggressive person. Hes normal. Hes loud yea and sure he can be aggressive but thats because he grew up on the streets and is literally in the port MAFIA. He has manners and is shown to be kind at times. Also hes not a tsundere. As much as i like soukoku its really annoying seeing people water chuuya down to a tsundere or smth like that. People need to stop feminizing him. He doesnt hate dazai. Its canon. Their relationship is complicated and hard to explain. But he definitely is NOT a tsundere.

I would go on to ramble more and more about everyone but this is already really long and i had to cut out a lot but basically people need to stop reading/watching with their eyes closed and actually look at the show/manga. Because these characters are well written and complex. The show is about black and whites. How not everyone is good but that doesnt mean theyre evil either. Its stupid trying to make those MORALLY GREY characters fit into either a black or white box.Β 

Report Reply