« Back to the INDIE GAME ART/DEV GROUP! Forum

Scary Indie Games for Oct!

Posted by Atticus Atlas

posted
updated

Forum: INDIE GAME ART/DEV GROUP! Group

Heyo indie gamers of the web! I like to live stream, and I'm lookin for some indie games to play in October! Preferably free, or ones included in the Reproductive Rights or Racial Justice & Equality itch.io packs, as I own both of those, but I'm open for all suggestions!
I'm already aware of the popular titles like OFF, Ib, Witches House, Mad Father, and the Lisa games, and I'm only open to really Mad Father, as I know the least about it. Lemme know if its worth looking into :0
Anyways, here some games I plan to play!
  • MyHouse.wad: Not a traditional indie game as its a mod of a AAA game, but I'm nontheless fascinated by it. If you've read or know anything about House of Leaves, its like that, and also has elements of liminal spaces which I love. It's a maze of a game!
  • An Outcry: This game was developed by a translator for OFF, fun fact :3 I don't know much about the game's story, even though I played it in the Haunted PS1 demo, but I am intrigued :0 the main character is nonbinary which is sick, but they do also face transphobia in game, so warning for those discomforted by that.
  • Re:Kinder: An underrated RPGmaker gem. I've already played it but I might just stream it so I can expose more people to it! In a world where there isn't even a word for mental illness, Shunsuke comes back to his home town only to learn all the adults are dead, and he teams up with the remaining kids to put an end to whatever caused this localized apocalypse. The game uses both default assets as well as custom made ones in a blend of surrealism and beauty. This game is also filled with heavy content, so discretion is advised. Content warnings are listed on the linked page.

Report Topic

0 Replies