« Back to the Oh, The Horror! Forum

Has anybody read some really good horror books?

I prefer reading books to watching movies because I can read at my own pace and I can read anywhere at any time. I've recently run out of books to read so...

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by r3d_str1ng

posted

There are a couple I would def reccomend like Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill, Ring and Dark Waters by Koji Suzuki, if you want some horror manga I would reccomend Hell Girl, Franken Fran, and TMieruko-chan. Anything ny Junji Ito is really good too! If you want some books that are more extreme like splatterpunk try Exquisite Corpse, which is my personal favorite, and Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite, Flesh Gothic by Edward Lee, and maybe Dead Inside by Chandler Morrison but i didnt like that one it was so gross at the end. Hope you read and enjoy these books ≧◡≦

Report Reply

Reply by ☆bubbles☆

posted

Thank you so much! I'll definitely check those out

Report Reply

Reply by r3d_str1ng

posted

No problem almost forgot one last book. Audition by Ryu Murakami, Its really good and not that long less than 200 pages.

Report Reply

Reply by AsphyxiA

posted

If you like gory books, The Summer I Died by Ryan C. Thomas is good! I also enjoyed My Best Friends Exorcism by Grady Hendrix, I found it had the vibe of a summer slasher even though it takes place over the school year lol

Report Reply