« Jobs, Work, Careers Forum

What was your experience getting employed!?

Posted by IzzyP0P

posted
updated

Forum: Jobs, Work, Careers

I feel like i should be employed by now, I do art as a side hustle but it won't sustain me as i go into colleg :'(

I hear a lot of peepole say they have to wait a while to hear back, or don't hear back at all for their applications. Was this process easy for u????? 

Is applying making u anxious too?

I applied to Spirit Halloween, which I am excited for, but I want to apply to so many other places. The only reason I haven't applied elsewhere is to wait till after Christmas to get a part time job instead of a seasonal one. . . . i luv spirit halloween LMAO i can't wait to hear the animatronics like 24/7

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by CodeMonkey

posted

Hi,

Employment is a long and painful process at the beginning of your career - but nothing to be discouraged by!

You will find that you will apply to many places, get rejected many time and sometimes get to the final interview only for someone else to take the place that you were confident you would get.

However, at the end of it all you will eventually get a job that, though may not what you’d expect you’d be doing, you may find to be something that you’ll really enjoy! :)

It’s frightening going into the wider world of work for the first time and you will make mistakes - mistakes that we all make, but you have something that most people your age don’t and that’s a skill in art - this will work in you favour! ^^

I’m not sure if this answers your question but I hope it helps. :D

Cheers,

CodeMonkey

Report Reply

Reply by IzzyP0P

posted

Actually thank you so much, it does help answer my question to hear feedback on how it's kinda like a trust the process thing!!
It's reassuring to hear that it should work out in the end. Now I just need patience for thoze interviews, 

thanks again ;P 

Report Reply