« Music Forum

emo/post hardcore suggestions please!!

Posted by xORionx

posted

Forum: Music

been feeling sort of invalid as an emo because i listen to a lot of post hardcore and some metalcore and only really listen to the big people like my chemical romance and pierce the veil. i just discovered this metalcore (i think) band Windwaker and love their stuff though i dont think theyre emo. listening to Hawthorne Heights right now (really like them so far). i love stuff that has a little bit of screaming but not too much like screamo or something. i love bullets and three cheers (my favourite album ever its so good) by mcr and Pierce The Veil. i used to listen to more classic emo songs but i switched platform so i can download my music and lost a lot of the variation. i also like Sleeping With Sirens and Get Scared. 

i would love to know some artists that are more underground like this and actually emo

Report Topic

10 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by TektoRock

posted

Reply by xORionx

posted

thanks so much G i’ll try make my way through these haha. so many suggestions

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by xORionx

posted

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by xORionx

posted

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Juan Clarke

posted

this is an informative post and it is very beneficial and knowledgeable gorilla tag

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by ForTheLikesOfAustin

posted

definitely check out both Static Dress albums if you like stuff like MCR, From First To Last or Chiodos are some of my favorite Post Hardcore bands!!

if you want to listen to some real obscure stuff to feel cool check out this mathcore EP, it’s like 5 minutes. The Points Of Failure And Relativity…

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by xX_Jay_Xx

posted

if you haven't already, I highly recommend Paramore! She might not scream but she has a great voice! She is still a really active member of the music scene as well, even if it's not the same style.

I also think if you enjoy music with screaming and unclean vocals, you should check out Dance Gavin Dance! They might not be your by-the-book emo band but there's a great balance between high vocals and screaming. (And if you like dance gavin dance, I'd check out Kuroi Ledge, Hail The Sun, and Royal Coda- which has members of DGD in it!)

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by 💊❌ PARTY POISON

posted

Circa Survive / Before Today / Aerolyn / Thursday / Flyleaf / Bayside / Picture Me Broken 
Check em out :]

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by jayadee

posted

I totally relate to your experience! It's awesome that you're exploring different bands and finding new favorites. Windwaker has some great tracks, and Hawthorne Heights is a classic for sure. If you're looking for some underground emo bands, you might want to check out:

1. Real Friends - They have that classic emo vibe with heartfelt lyrics and a good mix of clean vocals and some screaming.
  2. Hot Mulligan - Their music is emotional and energetic, with a raw and genuine feel.
  3. Free Throw - They have a powerful sound that blends emo and punk, perfect for those who enjoy both melodic and intense moments.
  4. Movements - Known for their deep and relatable lyrics, they offer a modern take on emo that's both refreshing and nostalgic.
  5. Spanish Love Songs - Their songs are filled with emotion and storytelling, making them a great addition to any emo playlist.

Hope you find some new favorites among these! Keep rocking out and enjoying the music you love.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by XxRosey_MorticiaryxX

posted

You should really checkout Greeley Estates (albums 1 through 6 + the EP, don't listen to the most recent one), Alesana (especially The Emptiness), Alexisonfire's debut, Armor For Sleep's entire discography, We The Kings, A Heartwell Ending, Sunny Day Real Estate, Ice Nine Kill's first and second albums, and...that's everything off the top of my head! I do have a pretty big playlist though not all of it is strictly emo.

Playlist

Permalink Report Reply