« Music Forum

Remembering Warped Tour 1994-2018

Posted by Joelovespizza

posted

Forum: Music

Let’s us this space to write memories, photos, videos, and links of the music festival that made us. 

My favorite Warped year was 2005 which was arguably the American millennial Woodstock event. 

Report Topic

40 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by OneBeat.

posted

Agreed! 

The Bled, killing it. 
Seeing Paramore, and getting a signed copy of All We Know Is Falling.
Somehow almost dying in the pit for The Academy Is... of all bands.

Years later, still kicking myself for not catching sets of bands that I didn't learn about til later. 

Report Reply

Reply by KLCY

posted

I got into Warped Tour compilation albums in 2004 but the only time I actually went was in 2007 lol FL summer on the water where it always rained during the day and I was not into it. 

But here's a pic from the Alesana set I went to

Report Reply

Reply by shorty

posted

I don't remember what year I went but it was with my best friend. We had made signs out of paper that we wore that had the word LIFE written on them. Then we walked around handing out lemons to people. 

Life gives you lemons. 
There was this dude who lost his shit over it and I think he came back for more. 

But before we could even get into the event, we got stopped by security. I was told to leave my necklace in the car. It was a spikey choker with a ring. I asked why and was told it was a safety hazard (even though I ended up seeing plenty of others wearing one with larger spikes). I tried to explain they are too small to do anything. The dude told me "I don't care what your lifestyle is, but it's not appropriate for here." I was supper confused as to what he meant. But now that I'm older and a little wiser...sir, get fucked. 

Report Reply

Reply by Alyssa Nicole

posted

Sad story ft me:

Warped tour stopped before I could go lol

Report Reply

Reply by Alyssa Nicole

posted

Sad story ft me:

Warped tour stopped before I could go lol

Report Reply

Reply by SusieQ84

posted

I don't recall exactly which year I went to it first, I think it was 2009 I went to Jones Beach/Wantagh NY.  Almost got trampled during the Less Than Jake set, got to see We Are the In Crowd- a band from Poughkeepsie, NY (I guess they are indefinite Hiatus/broke up).

Then I went to the show/festival weekend 2019 at Atlantic City which was amazing!  I wish they could do that just every year. Keep it a weekend during the summer on the coast, like a punk/scene Coachella.

Report Reply

Reply by XK3LO1DKRUNCHXD

posted

My favorite memory was eating shit in the Chelsea Grin pit. I never got a chance to go until 2018, so sadly missed out on a lot :/ but also got to run into Necrogoblicon twice and my gf at the time brought edibles so it wasn't all bad

Report Reply

Reply by Rafael Escobar

posted

My favorite warped tour memories include seeing We Came As Romans as soon as my group entered the gates, running into members of Forever The Sickest Kids and getting a few photos, and seeing Bring Me The Horizon live.  

Report Reply

Reply by Cheyenne

posted

I didn’t discover Warped until 2014 and I’m still upset over it. I would do anything to experience another warped tour

Report Reply

Reply by kmags

posted

I'm so glad this thread exists. I only went to two Warped Tours but I honestly wish I could go back it was so much fun. I have a video of an acoustic Transit set I'd share but I'm not really sure how. 

Report Reply

Reply by ꒷꒦ ♡ ƒαℓιηє ♡ ꒷꒦

posted

My fave warped tour year was actually the 25th anniversary in atlantic city - it was SO FUN

Report Reply

Reply by Labyrinth

posted

My favorite years have to be either 2001 or 2002!!

Report Reply

Reply by xlynnx ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ

posted

I went into my first pit by accident at Warped Tour, don't remember the year :( 

Report Reply

Reply by Death Cab for Lukie

posted

I'm super jealous of any of you that got to see Something Corporate at the Warped Tour back in the day.

I would kill to have gone to one during the Drive Thru era of pop punk! 

Report Reply

Reply by LordShamrock

posted

Warped Tour was fun but not the venue I went to. Montage Mountain in Scranton. It seemed like they just never had it together. 

Automatic LoveLetter was my jam! Sad to see Juliet's solo career didn't really do much :-( 

Report Reply

Reply by KiyomiKrayola

posted

I think I went to my first Warped when I was like in the eighth grade.. I went with my brother who was in high school and my mom went with us. XD

So that would have been like 2008. We proceeded to go like every year for the next 4-5 years, and my mom CHOSE to come with us ever year, because she actually liked some of the artists.
After we graduated from high school and moved out, my brother stopped going (got into raves and EDM). But I continued to go through like 2016.

I don't remember the exact years but some of the bands that I died for when I was younger, and I got to see them:
The Academy Is
All Time Low
Boys Like Girls
Bring Me The Horizon
Cobra Starship
Coheed and Cambria
Danger Radio
Devil Wears Prada
The Expendables
(I ended up meeting a good friend of theirs at the sound stage behind the crowd and ended up dating him for several years, and ended up going to a bunch of Expendables show for free, and meeting a few other artists from being backstage/VIP with the Expendables.)
Fall Out Boy
Forever The Sickest Kids
Hawthorne Heights
HelloGoodbye
Katy Perry
The Maine
Matchbook Romance
Mayday Parade
Meg and Dia
Motion City Sountrack
My Chemical Romance
Never Shout Never
Paramore
Pierce The Veil
Plain White T's
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Rise Against
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Shwayze
Sum 41
T. Mills
(Literally sat at the foot of his booth for like 3 hours and watched his set from some guys shoulders, like in line at his booth, his merch guy promised I'd be first to meet T. Mills. The crown rushed his tent after his set, and I pushed my way to the front. Security tried to pull me and tell me there was no pushing or cutting, and the merch guy hollered that he made a promise, and I had been sitting there for hours, and the security guy helped clear a path for me, and T. Mills heard all of it and was rather impressed that I was that dedicated of a fan.
He signed my bikini top, the back of my phone, and the merch. Then he told me I was super cute. I just about died. And for all I know, he was probably just being nice.)
We The Kings
(after the their set, a few people got taken behind the white fence line for signatures and to meet the band, and I was one of the lucky few who got picked and pulled aside. As we were introducing ourselves, Lead vocalist Travis Clark, said I had the "sickest name he's ever heard" and if he could remember it, he was going to name his daughter with my name. XD I doubt that he remembered my name an hour later.)

There's probably a lot more, but just from pulling photos and pictures of old line ups and memories..
Thanks for this post. Definitely took me back. Listening to Warped bands now, and recreating playlists..

Report Reply

Reply by mariana

posted

fun fact: I was on the back cover of the 2007 warped tour compilation cd (crowd shot)

I was at the front of the crowd for Aiden at warped 2006 and when I went back the next year and saw the cds I almost fell over I was so excited. It's pretty cheesy now, but at 15 it was just about the coolest thing that had ever happened to me and meant the world.

Lots of great memories. I remember lining up to get pictures with Aiden and Craig Owens. Saw Aiden obviously, but also Halifax, Underoath, Chiodos, Hawthorne Heights, Escape the Fate, Alesana, blessthefall, and so many other bands. 06 was the year From First to Last (my fave band at the time) was supposed to play the whole tour but Sonny messed up his throat again and they had to drop out. I was devastated.

Warped was absolutely a chaotic shit show but it was amazing as a teen with limited money that you could save up (or ask your parents for) $40 and get to see tons of your favorite bands all on the same day. There was nothing like it. Definitely holds a warm place in my heart<3

Report Reply

Reply by johnnyex

posted

I feel old now... most memorable was the first one I went to in 1996... Pennywise was one of the headliners and a near riot ensued. But also got to see Nofx, Civ, etc...

Report Reply

Reply by Paige

posted

Idr what years but so grateful I got to see the casualties and pennywise at warped. The closest thing to punk shows I'll probably ever experience.

Report Reply

Reply by altX_cassar

posted

went to the uk one in 2013... it was amazing as it was my first propa gig that ain't a local one. 

saw sonic boom six, billy talent, crossfaith and a bunch of others

bought an off with their heads cd (home was the album name) and still love em (saw them at the underworld a few years later) 

will forever kick myself for not seeing enter shkaris set... rectified that a couple of years later by seeing them at the same venue @ Alexandra palace and at download festival previously.  

Report Reply

Reply by Jordan

posted

The most memorable Warped for me was 2012. I had just graduated high school. It was my first Warped and the first time I saw my favorite band live. 

Report Reply

Reply by Devin

posted

I only went to Warped Tour 2018, but my favorite memory was my first experience in a pit. I enjoyed the energy and the overall vibes of the place.

Report Reply

Reply by Missie182

posted

This is a hard one for me. 

2004 - first warped tour
2006- first time working the show
2007 - last time I saw my best friend
2008 - met a man that changed my life forever
2010 - did the full tour, after this it was just a reunion every year
2018 - Took my niece on the ultimate VIP experience, had to say goodbye

For years this tour meant the world to me, I always dreamed of being apart of it and I made that dream a reality. It will always hold a special place in my heart. So many good memories. 

Report Reply

Reply by Foreveronempty

posted

In 2006 I almost died in the circle pit during the less than Jake set. Also Orlando people might remember rip rockin richey. That guy was a creeep.

Report Reply

Reply by via xP

posted

i got the opportunity to go in 2017 and it was crazy being front row for both Waterparks (before they were as big as they are now) and Issues. i'd give anything to relive it!

Report Reply

Reply by Jenga ★ミ

posted
updated

forgot what year exactly I went to warped...maybe 2012? 2011? It was a VERY interesting experience to say the least
Was invited by a friend, we were both going mainly to see the band Icon for Hire perform. We went with his dad and older brother and I was running severely behind and ended up leaving in a black tshirt and jeans on a REALLY hot day. ended up being the worst choice because I ended up getting heat stroke and puked right outside the entrance gate after we had rushed out of there. didn't even get to see icon for hire perform. we met one of the guys who eventually left the group and he was kind of an ass too...
at the very least we did see another smaller band, courage my love, perform and now they're one of the bands I like a lot :) glad I got to see them live
fun day though overall, we went to a chinese buffet afterward and I felt fine

Report Reply

Reply by Beast

posted

The only Warped Tour I ever went to was the last one in 2018. It was at the venue that used the Summerfest lot. I saw the last few songs of Paylae Royale while we were getting cheese curds. The dude was hanging on the top bars of the makeshift set and surfing on an inflatable coffin. The cheese curds were cold. Down in Illinois we're used to hot cheese curds.
We saw the We The Kings spot and they ended up filming one of the songs for a farewell to Warped Tour. I'm on the shot somewhere, I never checked. I bought a CD of We The Kings, The Maine, State Champs, I tried to get a CD of Paylae Royale but they were sold out by the time I got there, I got a DVD that I never watched that filmed Warped Tour in I think 2001. We saw a band called Trash Boat, and we left shortly after because we have to take care of a dog.

Report Reply

Reply by marina

posted

my favourite warped tour was actually my first one ever.

i must have been 15. my friends won a contest and got tickets and accomodation for warped tour in montreal (several cities away from the city we were currently living in). we all had different bands we wanted to see, but we had cell-phones and agreed to meet up later after we caught the sets we wanted. while we were separated the weather suddenly changed into a torrential down pour. some people scrambled for cover, while others continued to mosh and watch the bands play. a nearby hill was transformed into a mudslide. i found cover under a rickety stairwell and realized that my phone had shut off from water damage and the cash in my bag was beginning to fall apart. a boy came up to me and asked me if i wanted his extra merch shirt because it was still dry. i took him up on that offer and he ended up writing his number on my converse in sharpie. we had a really beautiful, teenage romance for a couple days and it felt like the quintessential boy-at-the-rockshow experience from an emo daydream. i'll never forget it.

i also got to meet the drummer from emarosa (again) who had at one point asked me to go on tour with them (i lied and said i was older than i was lol - cringe, but classic teenage nonsense). he was very nice and respectful and let me cut the line and signed a bunch of merch for me.

Report Reply

Reply by Paige

posted

2008 was the first time I went but my friend got punched in the head and we had to leave early...

Report Reply

Reply by mzxnikki

posted

I've got maddd videos from Warped Tour! Let me know if ya'll wanna see 'em!

Report Reply

Reply by Kyanna

posted

My First Warped Tour - 2012 - I was 15 xD

- Getting my contact kicked out of my eye in the Of Mice & Men mosh pit
 - meeting and seeing absolutely ALL of my fave bands at the time
 - Getting absolutely FRIED and having my mom put tea bags on my bag to soothe my sunburn 

- I See Stars crowd having a massive mud war during their set and it was INCREDIBLE
- Seeing the biggest crowd for Bring Me the Horizon I've ever seen in my entire life. It felt like every single attendee for the day was in that crowd.
- Going to Dave & Buster's the day after and having an absolute time because I was completely burnt.

-My senior year summer before starting college
-Meeting This Wild Life (Nicest guys EVER) and so talented.
-Lived my best life
-Yes, got sunburnt

-Asking Alexandria, Escape the Fate and As it Is being the best sets of the day
-Seeing Bryan Stars and getting absolutely grossed out to have witnessed his presence IRL
-Sunburnt

-Pop Punk Summer! Got to see all my faves - State Champs, The Story So Far, Real Friends, Knuckle Puck, Broadside, etc
-Changed the layout of the set up and it was in a parking lot instead of on a grassy area(weird)
-Got dehydrated and almost passed out on the pavement
-Sunburnt

-Didnt go :(

2018 FINAL YEAR
-Cried
-Went with my (I didnt know it yet) soon to be BF of 4 years and had the best time <3
-Didnt meet anyone special, but saw so many incredible sets and just tried to ingrain every single memory into my brain so I'd never forget.
-Sunburnt

Clearly there was a pattern and I didnt apply enough sunscreen xD

I miss it so much, wish they would have continued to do it every year. It was the highlight of those 6 years of my life.

Report Reply

Reply by Talisha Elizabeth

posted

The first Warped Tour I went to was I think in 2015, and I didn't even realize it was a whole festival until like a month before the show.   I found it on Rise Against's website so I thought it was just them haha. But I got to see them, then I accidentally saw Of Mice & Men where I experienced my first wall of death (obviously clueless as to what was going on, so I ended up falling!) It was a good time though! 

I'm very sad that it's gone, but considering the amount of problems it had, I guess it was to be expected. But I hope it comes back better than ever!

Report Reply

Reply by l a l a l i v e e

posted

2010 in Virginia Beach

Met Bring me the Horizon and Johnny Craig from Emarosa. Also met Attack Attack! if anyone remembers them.

Good times.

Report Reply

Reply by Reese

posted

Went to '15, and then two dates in '16. All three times I went, I ended up leaving with new friends by chance after being in the pit all day. Really hope it comes back some day.

Report Reply

Reply by corduroy

posted

i was only able to go to the very last warped tour, and it was some of the most fun i have ever had! i was rlly into crown the empire and black veil brides at the time, i was so happy to see them both! i rlly miss it a lot. when we were young is just too sketchy for me to consider attending, or i'd go in a heartbeat.

Report Reply

Reply by Lo

posted

2014 Warped Tour for me, and god was it an experience. I was genuinely heartbroken when they announced their retirement, but i love knowing I saw emo Bebe Rexha at Warped Tour not knowing it was her until she played "I'm Gonna Show You Crazy". Was also definitely an interesting time having both PTV and SWS play at similar times. Battle of the new emo royalty.

Report Reply

Reply by Whyborne:3

posted

my first warped experience was back in 2016 when I was 13. such a great time man, I remember getting to high five Ronnie Radke back when I was super obsessed with falling in reverse haha. seeing sleeping with sirens and meeting so many dope peeps.... needless to say I ended up going every year after that til the final dates in 2019 

Report Reply

Reply by claire ☆

posted

1000% agreed

mcr and fob perfomances at warped tour in 05 was next level ELITE. music festivals arent reaalllyyy the same (apart from knotfest of course) 

p.s ptv 08 warped tour peformance was bomb as well cant forget them :>

Report Reply

Reply by Eris.xox

posted

anyone here knows/likes cherri bomb? they performed in the wraped tour 2012

Report Reply

Reply by leanerrgal1818

posted

WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN AT 2008 - 2010 - 2012 N 2015 WARPED

Report Reply