« Back to the The Instant Noodlers Forum

Your Top 3 Instant Noodles!

What are your top 3 instant noodles? You can name a brand, a flavor, etc. Mine are:

1. Nongshim's Shin Ramyun. It's simply a classic in the instant noodle aisle for a reason. This is my all-time favorite instant ramen, not just because the broth is so good, but because of the noodles. I truly feel like once you eat these bouncy, chewy noodles, it's impossible to go back to Maruchan or Top Ramen. Sometimes, I even use the noodles to make a different dish just because the texture is so good. Also, I really enjoy the vegetables in this, especially the mushrooms, which soak up the broth perfectly.

2. Indomie's Mi Goreng. To me, Shin Ramyun is the king of all instant noodle soups, but Mi Goreng is the king of instant fried noodles. The noodles have an excellent chew, and I like the thinner cut on them. But I'm avoiding the elephant in the room, which is the amazing seasoning. The garlic oil, the sambal, and the kecap manis are awesome!! And the fried shallotI enjoy both the original and the spicy version of Mi Goreng. (Though is it just me, or is the spicy version actually less spicy than the original?) And I could just be extremely lucky, but I always find Mi Goreng for an extremely good value near me. 

3. Nongshim's Soon Veggie. This is a bit of a newcomer to the line-up for me. I picked these up for the first time earlier this year when they were on sale at an Asian market I frequent, and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed them. I feel like they're marketed as a "healthier" instant ramen. I'm not sure if that's true, but nevertheless, they taste good. It's really like a mild version of Shin Ramyun. And I think the fact that they're vegan is a total win, since that means everyone can enjoy them! I prefer buying these in their cup noodle form, I strangely feel like they taste better in a cup rather than in a pot on the stove.

Honorable Mention: Samyang Foods' Buldak-bokkeum-myeon. I would consider myself a spice fanatic, but these noodles are too spicy for me to enjoy on a regular basis. I must say, though, that I do enjoy the flavor of these! But in a fist fight between these and Shin Ramyun, Shin Ramyun would bury these in the Denny's parking lot. I just feel like the depth of flavor found in Shin Ramyun is so much greater than the flavor in these noodles. Regarding the texture, I like them, but I prefer Nongshim's noodle texture over Samyang Foods'.

So, those are my top 3 instant noodles, complete with an unnecessary amount of detail for each of them! Now, I want to turn this over to you. What are your top 3 instant noodles? Have you tried any of the ones in my top 3?

Report Topic

0 Replies