« Life Forum

Tiny house/sustainability/ off grid movements?

Posted by Heather LM

posted

Forum: Life

I'm just getting into this kind of stuff and feel like being a sponge for any information anyone wants to throw at me. Let's talk about it! 

What are some goals of yours or steps you want to take towards this kind of lifestyle? Or if youre already living it, how has it changed your life? 

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Saturn

posted

I plan on building a cobb cottage soon. very soon. tips?

Report Reply

Reply by necromancer

posted

more into dense urban housing & transit & community gardens & such than tiny houses but latter is a little tempting. just feels like we couldn't really dump our shit & fly to another continent one fine day if we committed to a depreciating house on wheels that we value more than literally any buyer would

I always try to reduce tho

Report Reply

Reply by ☆゚.*CosmicOcean*.゚☆

posted

I've been in a slow process of getting rid of excess things and clothing I know I'll never wear again for the past so many years. I've still got a long way to go. I did move my bedroom out of the bigger room to one of the smaller ones recently though, and that has been quite helpful to my mental state just not having all of my clothing and everything in the same room as my bed and books

Report Reply

Reply by Elohimless 🤘🇵🇷

posted

I don't think you can live "off the grid" these days, I'm pretty sure even Big Foot has a Smartphone & Facebook account. 

Report Reply

Reply by Casey

posted

This is something I have always been drawn to and logistically I am unable to do this right now.  However, the past 4 years I have been teaching myself how to make most house hold things from scratch.  Once I am older, I can live off the grid and know how to make/prep my food without using store bought or processed things.  Also learned how to make my own household products.

Good luck on this adventure!!

Report Reply

Reply by SuperrnovaKitty ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

posted

My boyfriend and I are saving to by land to put a tiny house on. We want a compostable toilet as well

Report Reply