« SpaceHey Forum

Spacehey is lacking on moderation, currently. Please be careful!

Posted by ✧.* maya * ˚ ✦

posted
updated

Forum: SpaceHey

Keep an eye open.

Not only for you, kids!

Recently, Spacehey is victim of a cult (or just one person involved) consisting in a reassuring profile name and kittens as profile pictures. These profiles have gore, snuff and gore images sending in private chat (I believe… it won’t surprise me if this happens) and on their customized profile. I’m trying to send awareness not only for the kids using this newborn platform, but even to us grownups unaware of these events going on that one might don’t like to experience.

But hey! These people will constantly be appearing, even if one tries to report a profile… Isn’t all this awareness thing useless?

Yes if we let it be! Spacehey is working to fix moderation lacks and this constant creation of these accounts. For the security of oneself and for the others, if we got the opportunity to do it, we must keep reporting these profiles. Sadly, not only on Spacehey, but anywhere we’ve experienced cyber bullying, grooming, gore posting, in any platform, even when Facebook was at the beginning of its career. And not only back in the years 2010s, but even now groomers hide themselves behind a somehow innocent profile picture and tries to assault an individual. What are we supposed to do? Watch motionless? We don’t want something like this happening to our stay in this beautiful platform, and we don’t want it to end the Spacehey experience because for this people ruining our stay, right?

Then, until a serious action will be taken and fixing these events, one must keep an eye open. Heck, not for protecting others staying, but even for the individual’s.

I personally suggest for the minors, now, to hide their age on their profile, or even faking it, on your profile for this might be the meal of these sharks trying to hurt you. I personally don’t know their attitudes, but anything can happen. Minors on the internet has always been a problem in the internet, especially for new internet platforms and their lacks of moderations (which I don’t blame. Again, for a newborn site, these unhappy events happen all the time).

We currently are having this user trying to spread awareness for the community against harmful content (gore, vore, grooming) https://spacehey.com/profile?id=1972785

I suggest you to go to their profile and be updated for new reportable profiles.

In my personal opinion, here’s some tips for you to take action against these “attacks” (if we want to call them somehow)

• Hide your age, whenever you’re an adult or not, or at least consider this an option.
  • These attacks recently are happening also to popular profiles. If one can, hide your friendliest count in your profile.
  • DON’T POST YOUR IRL PICTURES, even if you’re an adult.
  • Hide your sexual orientation (especially if you’re hypersexual)
  • If you’re a neurodivergent, don’t specify it in your profile. I think it may worsen the attacks against you, even more.
  • Take a break from the internet: think about it… In the end, these “bullies” wants attention from you. Don’t give them this benefit.
  • Seek help from a professional, or even from an adult you trust. We all are on the internet,nowadays, you shouldn’t be ashamed of talk about things happening to you with a parent (if you don’t fully trust you father’s or mother’s behavior for these topics)

Report Topic

0 Replies