« Back to the Classic literature book club Forum

Has anyone read Lord of the Flies?

I'm yet to finish it but I want to talk about it so so so so badly with someone ugh I'm about to force my friends to start reading it just so I can rant about it.

If you have any comments on this book please share them w/me I'd love to hear everyone's opinions :)) 

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by jan

posted

havent read, but have read a lot of good about it and thought about reading it. is it worth it? is it a good book, in your opinion? ive heard, that its somehow about imperialism 

Report Reply

Reply by Selkie 🌺

posted
updated

the book is amazingly disturbing that's how I'd describe it. It definitely says a lot about English colonialism and imperialism but also it shows how cruel human nature is ( I wouldn't want to spoil it for you in case you want to read it) and it's all portrayed through children which is actually very gruesome since children generally aren't supposed to act the way that they do in the book

you should definitely give it a try, the first chapter is a bit boring in my opinion but it's a fast paced nicely written book overall. I'm reading it in my native language (Macedonian) so I really can't comment on the writing style but I'll reread it in English just because why not 

DISCLAIMER I really wouldn't recommend it if you're triggered by fatphobia , bullying and animal abuse since these are reoccurring themes throughout the book 

Report Reply

Reply by connor <3

posted

we read it for our english class last year, we analyzed half of the book until needed to move onto the next book of the year so i ended up finishing on my own. quite disturbing. it was really interesting to see the contrast between children  ( young, naive and innocent ) and society ( ruthless one might say. )

Report Reply