« Fashion, Style, Shopping Forum

alt fashion! Sometimes you just got to shop at Walmart.

Some videos tell you to drop 60$ on a T shirt this isn't that content btw.

Grab your basics at the cheapest place you can find. Thrifting or Walmart or idk doesn't matter. T shirts and pants are pretty cheap compared to other places ngl you just need to customize them.

I remember my first paycheck it was 300$ I thought I was rich I went directly to hot topic and the dress that I wanted was about 70$ and the shoes next door 56$ and I still needed to get more clothes for work. there are no thrift stores near me so I couldn't just pop in get basics and pop out till my next paycheck for the cheapest price. I walked into a normal store because I was like okay so then I will buy my work clothes here it must be cheaper! It was not. 'Normie' stores are equally just as expensive at the mall. 

I didn't buy the shoes actually, but I ended up at Walmart and I picked up 5 t shirts and 3 pants for about the same price as the dress. I bought some boots (the store was getting their fall stuff) and some cheap sneakers for work for the same price as the shoes that I actually wanted. I remember on my next paycheck buying studs and thin little chains to glue onto my boots and getting my first coat with my own money. I miss DIY when I had more time and energy

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by weirdhouseplant

posted

same, I used to spend so much time making jacket patches but I just don't have the energy

Report Reply

Reply by pheirah

posted

Goodwill and small thrift stores have been the best place to shop for a while now. I bought a cute shirt from Forever 21 and it basically incinerated when I put it in the washer. I feel like all the stuff they produce now is either really really expensive or just one bad day from falling apart in the rain. 

Report Reply

Reply by xXBeckyBreakdownXx

posted

I agree, I love thrifting. I've been going pretty frequently and I've totally stopped buying any new clothes from a normal retail store for now. I've found a couple awesome pairs of jeans all for under $10! I've been loving saving some money while still dressing how I like.

Report Reply