was like floating in a pit of dread

until i saw those words on the screen
which roughly but righteously tugged
at the thread holding me together

connecting all of my fractured parts
into someone new, someone whole.

someone true. 

wowie (untitled)

6/7/2023 - a poem about a special feeling i get when i see the moon, teddy bears, a specific shade of teal, anything relating to any of my more obscure interests, a certain type of patchwork, and other thingems.

behind it all
are some things
that make me belong

one i can only see after nightfall
one is sewn between thin strings
one sounds like the most peaceful birdsong

they are small but brighter than anything
i couldn’t be without them,
they are part of my being

and when i see vines on an old structure like a kind of natural coiling,
it’s odd, but i feel as if that is the reason i was put on earth,
because me and those vines have the same meaning.

i am the product of my adoration and my despair,
and i’m glad i am strong enough to allow myself to be soft
because this softness and tenderness and sweetness

is keeping me alive despite all that is unfair.

and here are just some of my own quotes i love :)

"us being little doesn't mean that we're not allowed to feel so strongly, work so hard, love so fully- that we're not allowed to do what makes us human. us being little just reinforces the fact that the human experience is the most unique thing we have knowledge of."

"they inspire me to be as gentle as i am but they in no way are responsible of the person i have become"

"i know that this shit makes me stronger and smarter but why couldn't i have been born into better circumstances?"

"i have seen the dreadful cruelty littered everywhere in this world but despite it and to spite it, i will be so very gentle and soft and sweet."

"we may just be some simple lifeforms on a lucky little pebble in the middle of somewhere, but that’s not it. the soft, all-encompassing warmth that waxes over your soul when you are finally able to life the life that you have been fighting for for all your life, the uncontrollable urge to smile and cry that makes your heart sing when you love and are loved in return, the power and pride in your entire body that makes you feel so very  fulfilled when you complete something that means much to you, the melancholic indignation that takes up all of your chest when you are stuck in a world not meant for you, the esoteric happiness when you find some kind of meaning in this absolute mess of a place- that is it. that is us."

"i feel like our souls were sewn with a thread of the same shade of teal thread, but only recently our thread was tied off and secured if that makes any amount of sense. we are just little stars in a vast expanse of painful complications but we shine the same color."

Report Topic

0 Replies