« Back to the The Writing Community Forum

Howdy! Have Some Resources!

Hey, all! I just recently dropped into this group, but I finally logged into my author email after..... entirely too long. Among the piled up emails, I'm still going through, I realised that I should share some of the places that I've been following, using, etc.

Now, I followed these places from the perspective of a professional, but I think that these are beginner and casual friendly as well. You don't have to be hardcore about your writing to take advantage of creative resources. I think they're definitely worth looking into if you're ever looking to challenge yourself, change up your style, or if you're curious about what's out there.

TIME SENSITIVE

There's only one in this section, but again: I only just checked my email to see this. For the Writer's Soul is having another virtual retreat, and I think it could be a really good environment for people looking to join other creatives while also being on a schedule. It's thirty minutes a day from July 23rd to August 5th. Considering the schedule and the entry price, this is actually a steal of an experience. If you can afford dropping $85, I highly recommend jumping in on it.

Check out Retreat for the Writer's Soul here.

SITES & NEWSLETTERS

Authors Publish is one of my favourite places. It has a website and a newsletter. The latter goes out a few days a week. It's not a completely set schedule that I've seen, so you could get anywhere from one a week to one every other day. It just depends on what's going on with the publishers accepting submissions, methinks.

I enjoy this site because whether or not you're actively looking to publish your work, there are accessible resources for everyone. The publishers are very well respected and vetted, and there are just a slew of opportunities available. Definitely check it out when you get a chance.

AutoCrit is one of those writer services websites, but some of the best resources and community opportunities come out in its newsletter and on the YouTube channel. They have pretty regular events as well, and the VODs for most of their livestreams are posted on their channel. I would say that this has "interactive community adjacent" vibes. If you want to be a part of something/in the know but aren't ready to fully interact with people, this is a great in.

----- ✦ -----

That's all for now! If something catches my eye and if I ever get through these emails, I'll definitely stop by with more information.

Y'all take care now.

Report Topic

0 Replies