« Back to the divination & magick Forum

I need advice!!!

First, I'll introduce myself! I go by Jas, I'm 15yrs old, and I got into Hellenism/Paganism/Witchcraft last year! :) I'm slowly collecting all of the materials I need, but I have no idea what path I should take or where to start or how to go about things. I've got SOO many questions!! Please help!

QUESTIONS:

How do I know if a certain god/goddess is reaching out to me?

I'm a beginner, so what do you think I should start with first?

When I go down a certain path (ex. green witch) do I have to stick with it? Or am I able to practice other branches of Witchcraft? (It might be a silly question, but it's always been stuck in the back of my mind, lol...)

I've heard that rosemary can be substituted for any herb... is that true? I've been seeing mixed answers online, so i thought I'd ask here!!!

How do I start an altar???

Might start worshipping Aphrodite, what does she like?? What can I offer to her??

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by ♡ Lawliet ♡

posted
updated

1. Theres many signs you could go off of, but i usually read tarot to see if someone is reaching out to me.

2. I would start off with protection magic, with using herbs as your tools! its a lot of fun and is a good start!

3. you can change what your method is whenever you'd like! you can stick to one thing, or mix it up with something else (chaotic witch for example), if you want to try something new, do it! 

4. I don't use rosemary a lot, but if you're missing a certain herb, I don't see an issue with using it as a substitute.

5: altars can be as big as you want them to be! you can start off with one the size of a mint case, you can place special items into it that are dedicated to what your altar is made for.

6. Aphrodite is a great deity! I work with her as well! She loves items related to the ocean, (seashells, pearls) I like to give her rocks I find at the beach, and roses that I find. Foods she likes are chocolate, and apples. some stones I have related to her are Rose Quartz, Moonstone, And Lapis Lazuli. She loves poetry and artwork, if you make some for her she'll love it! She's all about self love as well, so some self care days with her are very fulfilling.  

Report Reply