« Web, HTML, Tech Forum

I built a dark theme for the main page. [closed]

I have sorta built a css of a dark mode for the site, it's still a wip but people are still free to try it and even edit the code so that they can add just about anything like a background image or just anything fancy. It does use a plugin called Stylish, if there is a better way like with TemperMonkey or something, feel free to post your code. I wanna see what people can do on the home page now. https://userstyles.org/styles/266972/spacehey-dark-theme

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Ikoe

posted

> I wanna see what people can do on the home page now.

More than you might think, if I'm understanding your pondering correctly.

Report Reply

Reply by Casey Riley

posted

hey, this looks pretty cool. I honestly legit never seen this. Feeling kinda foolish now lol

Report Reply

Reply by Ikoe

posted

Difference in perspective. I think yours could end up being a lot nicer on the eyes for some—perhaps most people by sole virtue of being a more conventional dark theme. (The distinct amount of purple and blue here really aligns it closer to something like Twitter's "dim" styling than anything; not inherently negative, but I also imagine it's not exactly what some folks want out of a dark mode.)

I'd urge you to keep whittling away at it. Having stylized almost every nook and cranny, I'll be the first to tell you that it's a fair bit arduous when you're picking away at every single detail, class, and ID to the worrying extent of occasionally relying on obscure CSS3 selectors - the price you pay for not relying on JS, albeit for the better, all things considered - but the payoff's pretty damn satisfying.

Report Reply

Reply by Casey Riley

posted

Ikoe I do apologize for my dumb ass post. I honestly did not see this post but thank you for pointing it out. I will close this topic now. I'm sorry, I am confirmed brain damaged.

Report Reply

Casey Riley closed this Forum Topic