« Romance and Relationships Forum

Married at 20. AMA?

I used to live in a border town. Sometime in the summer of 2017, my parents told us that we would be moving back to the East Coast. I was indifferent to the whole situation. This wasn't the first time we had to pack up and leave. By this point, I was in my tenth school or so. I had already grown accustomed to this kind of move. Looking back on it now, I should have at least tried to say goodbye to many of my friends.

My brother elected to have a goodbye party for him and his friends. Among the six-odd people he invited was one girl. Needless to say, she didn't quite know what to do when the boys kept talking about Yu-Gi-Oh and such. She wandered around our house and did end up joining them when they went to the pool, however she still felt very much out of place.

The way she describes seeing me for the first time... it gives me that feeling of when someone compliments you and you genuinely don't know how to react. Where I saw a total loser of a 14-year-old, she saw the dreamy, six-foot-tall best-friend's-brother archetype.

To this day, I still don't understand what she saw.

Somehow, we ended up hanging out. She watched me pack some stuff and play on my Xbox for a little while. We even played some Smash Brothers on the Wii U. Of course, my little brother didn't understand that you should go easy on people who have never played the game before, but, whatever.

All the boys left and, by 11 PM, it was just myself and this cute Mexican girl.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel something that night.

Too bad we were moving two thousand miles away in two days.

Her parents eventually came to pick her up. As far as I knew, that would be the end of our situationship.

Fast forward a couple months. It's now March 2018. My brother comes bursting into my room while I'm playing Battlefield 1.

"Hey, remember that girl from the party last year?"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, she has a massive crush on you."

"Hm. Interesting."

Report Topic

0 Replies