« Web, HTML, Tech Forum

Problems with font coding on profile, any help appreciated!

Hey, anyone can help with my profiles font? I use Google Font which works now, and I'm trying to use the "Special Elite" text, but no matter what it just doesn't work and goes to a sans text I think, I'm not much of a coder, so I can't figure out what's happening, but I hope this communty can help with this issue,

heres the code: 

<style>

@googlefonts ('https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Special+Elite&display=swap');

*{

font-family: 'Special Elite', cursive;

font-size: 13px;

color: #FF0000;

text-align: center;

}

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6{

font-size: 19px;  

}

</style>

if theirs any mistakes you can find with this text, please say so and give me a better code if possible, thank you if you read this far! 

- HellCat

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ニーチェはクソだ

posted
updated

The problem seems to be the URL (wich is even broken for me)
I hosted the font file on a shitty site so don't use this code, it was just for testing if it works, and seems to be the case. Working fine on my profile.

EDIT: By "Don't use" I mean you should either find the file URL on other site or host it yourself, since this will probably break in the future.

<style>
@font-face {
font-family: 'Special Elite';
src: url('https://file.garden/YDFYv6Mz-xKjrFFM/RandOM/publichost/SpecialElite-Regular.ttf') format('truetype');
}

* {
font-size: 13px;
text-align: center;
}

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
font-size: 19px;
}
</style>

Report Reply

Reply by 333H3llBl4ckC4t666

posted
updated

Thanks, but no matter how many websites I try, it still doesn't change, not sure if you told me not to use it or to not use Google Font, 

either way, anything you can recommend? 

ニーチェはクソだ

Report Reply

Reply by ニーチェはクソだ

posted
updated

I meant not to use the code I sent with that font URL because maybe it will break later, but it works, at least for me. If for some reason is still not working for you check that your current CSS causing any issue.

If you manage to import the font you want as a file (like I did) it should work. Google fonts URL as the one you shared won't work. Sites offering fonts won't work either, you need the file itself and most of the time, sites gives you direct URLs to the fonts but as a .zip file, not a font one. Might add as well that by no means using @googlefonts (or similar) and a wrong URL will work, even if you use another sites. It should be @import url ('fontlink');

EDIT: Sent a friend request to help you via PM. Nvm about CSS problems, I downloaded yours and seems to be fine.the only mention of anything that might alter the font is snowflakes (wich seems ok as well). The URL you have there is still wrong.

Report Reply

Reply by 333H3llBl4ckC4t666

posted

Okay thanks, 

but also where should that @import URL be? "At the src:rl ('insert URL') format('truetype');" part, or some where else? 

Report Reply

Reply by ニーチェはクソだ

posted

@import and the src part are different stuff, try giving this a look, might help!

https://blog.spacehey.com/entry?id=4591

Report Reply